Question Another Unhappy Client with Virpus

I started to use Virpus VPS on 11/04/09.
    I got a deal from Ken by paying the Enterprise PRO VPS half yearly.

First month of the service was totally bad, I had many down times even though I haven't transferred a single domain to this vps. Then Ken assure me that this won't be happen again, but I still had few downtimes after that.

Few weeks after that I received an email saying my invoice is overdue, I replied to them and let them know that I have paid this half yearly.
    End of May my account is terminated, I lost all my access to VPS.

Of course I am not happy at all this time, I asked him for a refund for this bad service, so he said that he will refund only rest of the service but not the first month. I said to him, I haven't transferred any single domain to this vps during first month and how many times did my server go down. This is not kind a service that I am willing to pay. After my last reply he didn't answer my ticket until now. I keep reopen my support ticket until now but no more response from Ken.

I guess I have to put my case in WHT so people won't make a wrong decision.

Ken, if you are still around I want to know why you didn't reply my email at all for almost 2 months and when are you going to refund my money?

Regards,

Dan

Sorry to hear about another unhappy client with this provider. It's usually best not to pay for any longer than a month's worth until you have tested their services long enough to prepay for a longer contract.

Did they offer any money back guarantee policy?

I do not know what problems your having the longest down time was 1 hour and it was my fault lol. The long downtime i had with them when ti was their fault 15 minutes when they were switching from hypervm to vxpathway or whatever its called.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Sorry to hear about another unhappy client with this provider. It's usually best not to pay for any longer than a month's worth until you have tested their services long enough to prepay for a longer contract.

Did they offer any money back guarantee policy?
    I believe they did offer 30 days money back guarantee.
    I could not check it at the moment as their website is down.

I did search from this forum that virpus is a good provider, but perhaps not in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    I do not know what problems your having the longest down time was 1 hour and it was my fault lol. The long downtime i had with them when ti was their fault 15 minutes when they were switching from hypervm to vxpathway or whatever its called.
    I had many downtimes because firewall/csf issue.
    Total downtime around 8 hours and also downtime when they were moving server but got delayed for couple of hours.

Well, as you already know, you're not the only client who's been unhappy with them lately. I think they've really gone downhill over the past few weeks. Quite unfortunate.

Virpus used to be regarded as one of the best, weird that their service is getting worse and worse day by day.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Oh that's horrible. I used to hear good things about their service. Must have sold the company or hired people that stopped caring. So sorry about your misfortune, but thanks for posting it! Will be really cautious about them from now on.

I just tried checking virpus.com for their Terms of Service and such, but their DNS doesn't resolve for me. Which is not the sign of a competent webhost, DNS is a simple service to have always resolve even if the target website is offline. Particularly for a hosting provider.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Sorry to hear about this -Dan, It does not sound very professional of them not to reply to e-mails and not refund your money even though they have stated this

I do hope this gets resolved as soon as possible!

Best Regards,
    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Shame. I used to hear lots of good things about Virpus

Best of luck getting things resolved.

I too am awaiting a response to a ticket. But I know for a fact that this down-turn in service hasn't just happened 'overnight'.

As a provider, Virpus has been getting progressively worse this entire year. If nothing else, they were still replying to support tickets whether the actual contents of the reply was worth anything, but now.... Nothing! No Replies, no Support & unfortunately at times... No Service!

I too am awaiting a response to a ticket. But I know for a fact that this down-turn in service hasn't just happened 'overnight'.

As a provider, Virpus has been getting progressively worse this entire year. If nothing else, they were still replying to support tickets whether the actual contents of the reply was worth anything, but now.... Nothing! No Replies, no Support & unfortunately at times... No Service!
    Sorry to hear about your poor experience and the support you are receiving. I hope that soon enough Virpus sees this situation and rectifies it.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by -Dan View Post
    I started to use Virpus VPS on 11/04/09.
    I got a deal from Ken by paying the Enterprise PRO VPS half yearly.

First month of the service was totally bad, I had many down times even though I haven't transferred a single domain to this vps. Then Ken assure me that this won't be happen again, but I still had few downtimes after that.

Few weeks after that I received an email saying my invoice is overdue, I replied to them and let them know that I have paid this half yearly.
    End of May my account is terminated, I lost all my access to VPS.

Of course I am not happy at all this time, I asked him for a refund for this bad service, so he said that he will refund only rest of the service but not the first month. I said to him, I haven't transferred any single domain to this vps during first month and how many times did my server go down. This is not kind a service that I am willing to pay. After my last reply he didn't answer my ticket until now. I keep reopen my support ticket until now but no more response from Ken.

I guess I have to put my case in WHT so people won't make a wrong decision.

Ken, if you are still around I want to know why you didn't reply my email at all for almost 2 months and when are you going to refund my money?

Regards,

Dan
    Dan,

Please e-mail me your ticket ID to [email protected] I do recall seeing such a ticket but if you could please e-mail me the details, I'll be more than happy to get this resolved for you today.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedNet View Post

We will never not just reply to a support ticket. Most if not all support tickets are replied to within 1 hour. Note that a support ticket is different than a billing/sales ticket.

Feel free to also e-mail me to your ticket and I will be more than happy to take a look as well.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

I enjoy the play on words, but I never specified the type of ticket. A ticket is a ticket and my issue was they weren't being addressed.

I all fairness, to depict both sides, as a provider I haven't experienced any downtime. I could even go as far to say EVER. This however, does not forgive them of their failing support.

My issues dating back to July, albeit minuscule, still remain unresolved to this day.