hosting-ie fraud?

I'm not sure what to do, I purchased a dedicated server from hosting-ie which guaranteed a 24 hour set up well after 3 days I submitted a support ticket asking how much longer it'll take but since I got no reply I filed a dispute with paypal. I lost the case and now when I try to login into their billing/customer panel my account login does not work, so I'm guessing it's deleted.
    I'm not sure what to do, I even paid extra for managed services.
    Have my 244 euro gone to waste?

I advice others NOT to go with hosting-ie, they'll just take your money and make you frustrated.

Are they active on this forum, lets see what they say. May u filed a dispute thats why they terminated ur account.
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

Hopefully one of their reps will see this.
    I don't see why they'd terminate my account since they have already have my money. I should at least get the month I paid for.

well normally opening disputes in paypal alerts a red flag and ticks off the provider. May be they did it in frustration but be ready to see their ToS and AUP and etc for their defense.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

That is outragous. Paypal really are good for nothing when it comes to virtual goods.

yeah , but they look fine when u are a provider and fraud customers use service and file a dispute ;-)

There was a long thread about hosting-ie recently:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=870984

Assuming that's the same company.

I just read through it, ah this isn't looking good for me. I should have waited before I even considered trying this company.

No, this is what I got "After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time."

Looks like a lot of people got the same reply from the other thread I just read.

Yeah, you won't get your money back with Paypal if it's a virtual item..

I got a response once explaining why - they don't cover virtual items, unless it's over eBay..

Quote Originally Posted by phpfaizan View Post
    I just read through it, ah this isn't looking good for me. I should have waited before I even considered trying this company.
    You should check the review first before you purchase a server.

The best you can do is just contact again hosting-ie and be patient so you can at least get some refund.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by IPStrada LLC View Post
    well normally opening disputes in paypal alerts a red flag and ticks off the provider. May be they did it in frustration but be ready to see their ToS and AUP and etc for their defense.
    It is never proper for a host to take a customer's money, not provide them with service, fail to answer inquiries, then keep the money they haven't earned in a snit over the customer filing a dispute.

The acid test still comes down to this: Did the customer get what he paid for? In this case it looks like the customer got nothing, so there's no excuse for the host to keep his money. No excuse. To do so is fraudulent, regardless of the wording of any TOS.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

I recently (foolishly) tried ordering them. The paypal dispute ended a few weeks ago in my favour with no money retrieved. Under no circumstances should you order with HIE. The owner is just withdrawing all money without rendering services.

There are ways to win your dispute maybe with paypal they took off with 365 euros of mine. We could probably get a class action lawsuit against paypal. They know what Hosting IE has done and we should get our money back. YOu could contact Keyweb and get a statement from them maybe as IE's provider (whcih they are) stating that IE had no servers after the 24th of July (That's when Keyweb cut them off) Max did not pay his bill. Anybody interested in going after paypal I think we have a solid case.

Have you guys checked where there hosting there suppose servers? Try whois maybe some information on how to contact theses guys. If you do a lawsuit against paypal would be a waste of cash you wouldn't have solid proof they know anything about this.

If you used your credit card with paypal, I would recommend contacting your bank and submitting a chargeback request. Just because paypal refused the reversal, does not mean it is over. If you have not received the product you ordered, you should not be expected to pay.
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

Wow,
    I just looked at their site and have never seen so many spelling errors.

-What is a KVN-over-IP?
    -What is "Standart" RAM and "Standart" CPU??? Is this a new brand
    -What is Network "secourity"?
    -What is an "Obtional" service
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    The best you can do is just contact again hosting-ie and be patient so you can at least get some refund.
    This host doesn't do refunds... scam all the way. More on that in a post to follow. Fraudsters don't rip their website content:

Every square foot of an ADTI IDC equipment floor is monitored 24/7 to protect our customers' applications and hardware investment against breaks in security.

ADTI's redundant, state-of-the-art fire detection and suppression systems help recognize and minimize the ever-present threat of fire, guaranteeing the protection of your equipment.
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/11/45/
    http://www.localweb.com/tour.html (not their upstream provider)

Looks like hosting-ie forgot to change the company name, so it isn't even a decent rip job. This bogus information about "their" datacenter is outright fraud -- hosting-ie.com's upstreams' abuse desks will be notified, and ought to terminate this fraudster's account. Private domain registration is always a red flag on a webhost, too.

The client must ask for the backup system to be configured on his server and must specify the directories that will have to be backed up. Each day, a backup script is executed in order to take a snapshot of the data. The client will receive a daily email confirmation of the backup. Only the data that has changed from the previous snapshot will be updated on the backup.
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/26/63/
    http://blog.iweb.com/en/2007/09/mart...tions/609.html

There's nothing wrong with using another host's TOS... provided, of course, one asks permission first. It is my opinion that this was not done:

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/18/52/ (rip)
    http://www.br-hosting.com/en/index.p...d=46&Itemid=60 (source)

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Wow, I just looked at their site and have never seen so many spelling errors.
    Those are the parts that aren't ripped.
    Last edited by BigBison; 07-30-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Hmmmm, the ripped content from iWeb is indirect...

Emergency procedures to restart unsupported softwares and services can be provided. In the case of the failure of an unsupported service...
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/26/63/
    http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache...istration.html

Found in Google's cache.

I purchased a dedicated server from hosting-ie which guaranteed a 24 hour set up well after 3 days I submitted a support ticket asking how much longer it'll take but since I got no reply I filed a dispute with paypal.
    Can you link to the plan you signed up for? I see nothing about set-up times on hosting-ie's site, except for one plan which does guarantee 48-hour setup. How long did you wait for a reply from the host before opening the PayPal dispute?

I'm sure the host claimed you failed to follow the TOS for cancellation, which is why you lost the PayPal dispute. What you need to do is re-open the complaint, or escalate it (I don't know if this is possible, I've never needed to do a PayPal dispute), and emphasize that this is an "INR" case -- Item Not Received.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0wz View Post
    Yeah, you won't get your money back with Paypal if it's a virtual item.
    Partially true. When it comes to "SNAD" (Significantly Not As Described) the "intangible" item issue comes into play. When you emphasize and document that you have paid money and received nothing in return (INR), PayPal isn't going to look favorably on the merchant in question.

The host in question can't, IMO, point to the cancellation clause not being followed in this case. Not if there was a clear guarantee of a delivery time. At the very least, they owe you your setup fee as hosting credit. What the host is trying to do, is to keep your 3-month prepayment, and your setup fee, provide you with nothing, and not honor their satisfaction guarantee.

Assuming the 30-day notice was given, this host feels entitled to keep not only the setup fee, but the first months' payment as well. So their "satisfaction guarantee" amounts to refunding you the last two months' payment, or extending it as hosting credit. Not a reimbursement for the first month. As I see it, the only money of the OP's that the host is entitled to is one month of service, no setup fee.

The other reason I stress re-opening or escalating the PayPal dispute with an emphasis on INR, is this host's despicable behavior documented in both the WHT thread linked to above, and in a variety of complaints here:

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/Hostingie.html

Looks like another customer who opened a PayPal dispute received a retaliatory notice from the host that their server would be delayed by 30 days as a result. This fraudster responds to all PayPal complaints by claiming abuse, TOS violations, and anything else, for the purpose of keeping peoples' money without providing service, in the hopes that they move on in a few days -- leaving him with the 3-month prepay as pure profit.

I'm sure PayPal would love to rule in favor of one of this fraudster's customers -- it's just a matter of going about it properly by insisting that not receiving a damn thing in exchange for hundreds of euros is fraud.

Looks like a lot of people got the same reply from the other thread I just read.
    The key difference, is you never got your server to begin with.

Here's that 30-day setup retaliation against customers who go whining to PayPal again, in WHT threads:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=628574
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=747385

And of course my personal favorite, threatening legal action against a customer for posting negative reviews:

Quote Originally Posted by dottor View Post
    New developments to this they are now threatening me with legal action for posting to threads here and elsewhere.

Of course they can't even spell correctly and their responses are very poorly written. This is from their legal department where you would think they at least would have a high school education
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=563758

Quote Originally Posted by parky1 View Post
    I asked for a refund under their 30 day money back guarantee they said I was not entitled on a vps service and sent me a link to their terms and conditions.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=684818

It is an interesting guarantee; it applies to webhosting fees, unless you have dedicated, or vps, or any other offering. I can see where the setup fee would be non-refundable, but the TOS clearly states:

During the first 30 days the Client is entitled to a 100% money back guarantee that applies in the event the Client is dissatisfied with the service for any reason.
    There just doesn't seem to be any record of any customer actually getting a refund; dissatisfied customers seem to always have to resort to PayPal dispute resolution. If the OP re-opens the PayPal dispute, it would also be wise to include the information about the guaranteed setup time -- this host is notorious for setups taking a month, and replying to the resulting PayPal disputes by stating these things take time.

I expect marcurcio to reply to this thread with personal attacks against me, any time now... his constant stream of ad-hominem attacks against hosting-ie critics, as well as his inconsistent claims about looking for hosting from this company while claiming to be a customer in another thread at about the same time, and such, leads me to suspect he's a shill. MartinGS5, too -- one little thing bad to say about hosting-ie, but does badmouth Keyweb (whom hosting-ie resells...) plenty, and there's some awful chummy interplay between these two in hosting-ie threads.

If you two are on the level, do you think you could cut it out with all the name-calling in hosting-ie threads?

hmm...there seems to be a severe lack of any input from the host...maybe h'es turned into a ghost.

i always record names of shabby and deceitful hosts because I refer many hundreds of clients anually.

i've read a lot of threads about bad hosts, this one goes straight to the top of the pile.

what pisses me off about paypal is the fact that this host has so many paypal complaints and still paypal do nothing for those ripped off.

there must come a time when the brainy person at paypal thinks this is one complaint too many to be coincedental.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 07-30-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    hmm...there seems to be a severe lack of any input from the host...maybe h'es turned into a ghost.
    Or maybe his WHT account is suspended...

Quote Originally Posted by HypedHosting View Post
    Have you guys checked where there hosting there suppose servers? Try whois maybe some information on how to contact theses guys. If you do a lawsuit against paypal would be a waste of cash you wouldn't have solid proof they know anything about this.
    If Keyweb would state in a printed statment that hosting ie had their servers all disconnected then thats pretty solid proof. If you are a current customer giving keyweb the ip number they could send you statement on when it was disconnected and that IE did not py the bill then paypal could not ignore that. Yes he has turned into a ghost with a lot of people's money. I'll even go one further and I honestly think its a one man operation and the guys real name was not even on the website. I know I am just guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    Or maybe his WHT account is suspended...
    Hopefully it is....

One thing I cannot tolerate is the theft of a honest paying client's cash.

It's totally unacceptable and unforgiveable.

OWM
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

I am not sure of the whole story here, but anytime we receive a chargeback or dispute from Paypal the account is put into a status of fraud. That is just to protect our assets, but again not saying anything about this situation. Just stating that is typical of most providers to protect their accounts. Lost a lot of money early on letting accounts run on after disputes filed.

I'm still here guys still reading through all of your comments. Thanks a lot of helping by the way as I'm in a tough position.
    I took a snapshot of the site when I started the paypal dispute as proof but I never got a chance to show it to paypal.
    The one I purchase did say 24hrs setup guarantee.
    I just checked now and you're right they've taken it off.

Also when I started the dispute I did label it as Item not received and after I lost the case I called paypal and they said they can't do anything about it since it's an intangible item.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
    I recently (foolishly) tried ordering them. The paypal dispute ended a few weeks ago in my favour with no money retrieved. Under no circumstances should you order with HIE. The owner is just withdrawing all money without rendering services.
    How did you win the case? What did you say?

I tried emailing a keyweb rep a few days ago, here's the conversation:

Me:
    Hello, I have recently purchased a server from (what I believe to be) your reseller, hosting-ie, but I have not received my server information. I have sent several support tickets to them and even tried emailing their sales department but no one replied. Is there anything you can do to assist me on this cause or have my 244 Euros been basically stolen?
    Reply:
    Dear Mr (My name),

the company Hosting IE was a reseller of our company until 30.06.2009. Meanwhile all his machines are offline and the data are deleted. I am sorry to tell you, but we cannot help you. To get a refund you have to contact Hosting IE directly.

Best regards

Manuela D`Amico

Sales and Marketing Management
    What do you guys suggest? I can paste the exact messages that were exchanged between me and hosting-ie during the paypal dispute if it'll help. I really don't know where to go from here I've tried contacting them in the only way they offer (email).
    Oh yeah also when I was speaking to the paypal representative about the dispute, I asked if I could contact them somehow and the lady told me that although they do have phone #s they won't give it to me to protect the seller or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dedicated Setup2.JPG  
    Last edited by phpfaizan; 07-31-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Sorry for the bump but any suggestions?

Have you tried contacting them via phone?

This is the whois information on the IP owner:

CustName: Andre Deloi
    Address: 5 harcourt street
    City: Dublin
    StateProv:
    PostalCode: 0002
    RegDate: 2006-05-25
    Updated: 2006-05-25

I can't find their phone number anywhere on their web site.

I can only say keep pursuing PayPal and keep telling them you've not received any service for your money nor have you received any response from the fraudster who has stolen your money. Contacting him directly isn't going to help, this guy doesn't give money back to people, because he's scamming them. There's nothing you can do beyond that, besides researching your next host a little better. Sorry.

If this weren't the case, this host wouldn't be dodging your e-mails, and frankly he'd be a lot easier to get ahold of. Or, he'd reply here -- his account was "temporarily suspended" a few years back, so it's just a matter of asking the mods to reinstate in order to answer for himself in this thread. When a host is unwilling to be contacted by any means except the one he doesn't respond to, and makes no effort to defend his accusations against the allegations I've made here, it's for the simple reason that he is not dealing with you (or anyone else, for that matter) in "good faith".

Of course, with someone like this, he'll drain his PayPal account the second any funds hit it. So even if you do win a PayPal dispute, it's most likely they won't be able to recover your money as it's already gone. The other alternative is to find out where he actually is, file a complaint of theft with the local authorities, and hope they actually investigate. Having won a PayPal dispute would be a first step, even if there's no money recovered, so keep at them and keep stressing the outright theft of your money for nothing, tangible or intangible, in return. You didn't even receive the "intangible" you bought through PayPal, so it's up to them to do right by you on this.

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have been repeatedly contacting paypal and they keep saying that there isn't anything they can do since it's an "intagible item" they also said that they have a contact # of the owner of that paypal account but they won't give it away for "privacy reasons."
    They did give me a list of government web sites where I can file a dispute, but honestly I don't think that will help. If they actually do something it probably won't be anytime soon (you guys know how the government is).

I don't know what else to do, I do not have a lawyer or anyone (I'm still fairly young and have little money).
    Last edited by phpfaizan; 08-29-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have been repeatedly contacting paypal and they keep saying that there isn't anything they can do since it's an "intagible item" they also said that they have a contact # of the owner of that paypal account but they won't give it away for "privacy reasons."
    They did give me a list of government web sites where I can file a dispute, but honestly I don't think that will help. If they actually do something it probably won't be anytime soon (you guys know how the government is).

I don't know what else to do, I do not have a lawyer or anyone (I'm still fairly young and have little money).
    If ur payment went with a creditcard using paypal, contact your bank and ask for a chargeback. That works and will wake up Paypal.

If so many people have been de-frauded by this company, wouldn't it be worth to contact their current provider / dc / noc and perhaps the .com registry for some form of "direct" action or advise them at the very least?
    Last edited by CreativHost; 08-30-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by target View Post
    If ur payment went with a creditcard using paypal, contact your bank and ask for a chargeback. That works and will wake up Paypal.
    Unfortunately I paid using the money I already had in paypal.

Any ideas guys?

Any ideas guys?
    U should try to find an adress of a federal bureau of finance or something. I know it excists in most countries.

Thanks, I still haven't given up and have been pursing this case continually with paypal but they aren't helping. I'm willing to file a lawsuit but I'm not sure who to contact, are there any agencies in the U.S or in Ireland that will assist me with this issue?