Arrow The Planet | 10TB of Bandwidth - FREE | Server Special Pricing | Limited-time Promos!

The Planet continues to provide the best dedicated server hosting value in the industry: An industry-leading 130+ Gbps network, eight data centers, friendly customer support, and incredible deals!

10TB of Bandwidth ... Standard
    Check out our new limited-time promotion, offering an upgrade to 10TB of Bandwidth for FREE on top of our current dedicated server discounts in Houston and Dallas ... This special is scheduled to expire on July 31, so make sure you take advantage of it while you can.

Big Discounts on Dedicated Servers
    That's right ... in addition to the 10TB bandwidth special, you can still take advantage of our Dedicated Server Special Pricing starting at $69.

Take a look at these featured server configurations:

Dual Xeon 2.8 - SCSI
    2048MB RAM
    2x73GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS HDD
    2500GB Bandwdith
    Regular Price: $269/mo
    NOW ONLY $130/mo

Xeon 3360 - SATA
    2048MB RAM
    250GB IDE/SATA HDD
    2000GB Bandwdith
    Regular Price: $199/mo
    NOW ONLY $169/mo

Xeon 5405 - SAS
    2048MB RAM
    146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS HDD
    2000GB Bandwdith
    Regular Price: $284/mo
    NOW ONLY $209/mo

Visit the Dedicated Discounts page for a full list of available servers and savings!

Preconfigured Reseller Hosting Servers
    The world of reseller hosting can be confusing, so we've put together our most popular reseller hosting configurations to help you streamline your business. These all-inclusive hosting solutions feature RAID1, a control panel, Alpha Monitoring & Security, Network Backup, and the support you know and love from The Planet.

Whether you're a hosting newbie or an industry veteran, these configurations will help you streamline your offerings and provide consistent service at an incredible price.

Check out our Hosting Reseller Configurations and get in touch with a sales rep to order the ones best fit for your business.

Double Your RAM, Hard Disk or Bandwidth for Free
    In our classic Double Down promotion, a huge group of our most popular servers are eligible to get Double Hard Drive Space, Double Bandwidth, or Double RAM for FREE.

This promo is only available for a limited time, so don't miss your chance to get in on the savings. Check out the promo details, and get all the information you need to order at our Double Down page.

Get Nehalem Today
    The latest processor technology from Intel is available from just $392 per month, with all the benefits of hosting in our enterprise-class data centers.

These servers are powerhouses by default, with
    • 6 GBs 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
    • Quad-core processors with hyper-threading
    • 2.4 GHz processor clock speed
    • 250 GB SATA or 146 GB SAS hard drive
    • 2 TB of bandwidth

Power up your hosting infrastructure and get some piece of mind in the process. Learn more about the Nehalem processor and the available Dual Xeon 5530 configurations by visiting our Nehalem promotion page.

Even More Specials Available!
    Head to The Planet's Dedicated Server Specials page to get a full list of current promotions. For a limited time, we've got some of the best deals in the industry on Data Protection, Advanced Services, Unmetered Bandwidth and Secondary Servers.

Unless otherwise noted, promotions cannot be combined and are limited-time, limited-supply. Don't wait to take advantage of these great deals.
    Last edited by Apolo; 08-01-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Kevin Hazard
    Director, Digital Content
    SoftLayer, an IBM Companyhttp://twitter.com/softlayer

Is the $10 fee waived for the 100Mbit port upgrade when using the 10TB spacial? 10TB traffic on a 10Mbit port doesnt really make sense

Also, would it be possible to use the double-down promo together with the 10TB promo? The 10TB propmo description says it is on top of other pomotions, however I cant seem to get both discounts applied at your website.

Do you have a download testfile available?
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
    Is the $10 fee waived for the 100Mbit port upgrade when using the 10TB spacial? 10TB traffic on a 10Mbit port doesnt really make sense

Also, would it be possible to use the double-down promo together with the 10TB promo? The 10TB propmo description says it is on top of other pomotions, however I cant seem to get both discounts applied at your website.

Do you have a download testfile available?
    Thank you for your questions!

Unfortunately, the costs to upgrade from standard configurations cannot be waived in conjunction with the 10TB deal. If I'm not mistaken, the only servers that don't come with 100Mbit at no extra charge are the Single Proc/Single Core servers.

The 10TB promotion can be combined with our current dedicated server special pricing, not all other promotions... Though I can understand why that is a bit confusing. By saying "current dedicated server discounts," I was referencing the "Big Discounts on Dedicated Servers" special. Double Down cannot be applied in conjunction with the 10TB promotion.

We don't have a centralized download file available for testing, but many of our customers participate in the discussions here at WHT, and they may be able to help you by hosting a file for you to test speeds ... this route would also provide much more relevant data than a centralized file, as a customer's server would mirror exactly what you would expect from your server in our DCs.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Kevin Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by KHazard View Post

Dual Xeon 2.8 - SCSI
    2048MB RAM
    2x73GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS HDD
    2500GB Bandwdith
    Regular Price: $269/mo
    NOW ONLY $130/mo

t deals.[/i]

is it possible to get this box with say 750 GB bandwidth,i run a vb forum.so bandwidth is no big deal.if so, will there be any discounts on top of the 130 dollars ?.i will also be adding RAID 1 and cpanel.

i m an existing customer.i have a box at planet since january 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
    is it possible to get this box with say 750 GB bandwidth,i run a vb forum.so bandwidth is no big deal.if so, will there be any discounts on top of the 130 dollars ?.i will also be adding RAID 1 and cpanel.

i m an existing customer.i have a box at planet since january 2007.
    Thanks for the question, Gearbox.

There are no discounts for getting less than the 10TB during the bandwidth promotion because it is a limited time deal offering additional space for free, and it is not changing the default configurations. Any modifications to servers ordered during the promotion will be normal price, since those changes are not a part of any available promotion.

Thanks for being such a great customer for so long!
    Kevin Hazard

I'm interested in the server
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SAS
    2048MB RAM
    2000GB Bandwdith
    NOW ONLY $209/mo

but theplanet.com shows the price is $249.

I just have a quick questions.
    Can it even be possible to transfer 10000GB on the default 10 mbit port?

I ran the math quickly on Google ( )
    (10 000 / 8) * KB * 60 * 60 * 24 * 30 = 3.01748514 terabytes
    Basically its 10 mbit to KiloByte times seconds times minutes times hours times days.
    I don't mind pulling the trigger on this deal and paying 10 bucks for the 100 mbit port, but its very contradicting.. Or maybe the math is wrong.

Another Google Calculation (Google "10 megabits per second to GB per month")

10 (megabits per second) = 3 210.13651 GB per month

Still 32% or so of 10TB..

:/

(Sorry for crashing in, but I am considering this deal. I'm currently a LayeredTech Dedi Customer looking to lower costs)

Quote Originally Posted by abrianna View Post
    I'm interested in the server
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SAS
    2048MB RAM
    2000GB Bandwdith
    NOW ONLY $209/mo

but theplanet.com shows the price is $249.
    You'll need to order the server through the Dedicated Discount server promotion: http://www.theplanet.com/popular-servers

The one listed for $249 is the SATA configuration, so it would have different specs as well.
    Kevin Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by totc View Post
    I just have a quick questions.
    Can it even be possible to transfer 10000GB on the default 10 mbit port?

I ran the math quickly on Google ( )
    (10 000 / 8) * KB * 60 * 60 * 24 * 30 = 3.01748514 terabytes
    Basically its 10 mbit to KiloByte times seconds times minutes times hours times days.
    I don't mind pulling the trigger on this deal and paying 10 bucks for the 100 mbit port, but its very contradicting.. Or maybe the math is wrong.

Another Google Calculation (Google "10 megabits per second to GB per month")

10 (megabits per second) = 3 210.13651 GB per month

Still 32% or so of 10TB..

:/

(Sorry for crashing in, but I am considering this deal. I'm currently a LayeredTech Dedi Customer looking to lower costs)
    The intent of the special was to add 10TB of available bandwidth to all currently available servers (even the ones with discounted promotional prices). The 10TB special is not changing anything about the servers themselves ... it is simply selected as your bandwidth option. By choosing a lower-end server that does not have a 100Mbps port by default, you will never get close to the 10TB, but you will be able to get a significant amount more than the 750GB that you would have gotten before the 10TB special was applied.

If you believe that you'll use more than 3.2TB of bandwidth, the $10/month more for the low-end server is next to nothing when compared to how much that bandwidth would cost without the special.
    Kevin Hazard

You'll need to order the server through the Dedicated Discount server promotion:

The one listed for $249 is the SATA configuration, so it would have different specs as well.
    but I saw:
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SAS $249
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SATA $239
    please check it

I hope this deal is extended a few more weeks...i have a few servers coming up for renewal then

Quote Originally Posted by abrianna View Post
    but I saw:
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SAS $249
    Dual Xeon 5405 - SATA $239
    please check it
    I'm sorry ... I see the discrepancy. The offer should have read Xeon 5405 instead of Dual Xeon 5405. I will request that a moderator update the content of the offer to accurately reflect the special pricing.

I apologize for the error in this post.
    Kevin Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by Webfanatic View Post
    I hope this deal is extended a few more weeks...i have a few servers coming up for renewal then
    There aren't any immediate plans to extend the 10TB bandwidth promotion, so it is still scheduled to end tonight at midnight CDT.

Also ending tonight: the Unmetered Server + Triple Bandwidth promo (cannot be combined with the 10TB offer).
    Kevin Hazard

For today (7-31) only, we're offering FREE Alpha Monitoring (a $25/mo value) on server orders!

And yes, it can be combined with other promos (including 10TB b/w). Chat with sales or call for details.
    Kevin Hazard

For today (7-31) only, we're offering FREE Alpha Monitoring (a $25/mo value) on server orders!

And yes, it can be combined with other promos (including 10TB b/w). Chat with sales or call for details.
    too bad existing customers cant get this....

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
    too bad existing customers cant get this....
    Sure they can. All new server orders.
    Kevin Hazard

KHazard
    Over the days it appears The Planet puts more emphasis on promotions than on tech...