Reputable hosts for ASP?

I have a couple dedicated servers that run on Linux, but have no familiarity with ASP hosting at all. I recently purchased a script though that is programmed in ASP, and am looking for ASP shared hosting.

This should only be for one site, and will probably have low resource requirements. What are some ASP hosts that have a solid reputation around here? And is there anything I should know beforehand when selecting an ASP host (for instance, in the way that for Linux etc. machines you probably want cPanel, and miscellaneous things like safe mode disabled in php.ini).

I assume you need to do the search within the offers section as for the linux web hosts with asp module or for the asp providers
    BTW have you asked your linux host about asp module?
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    I assume you need to do the search within the offers section as for the linux web hosts with asp module or for the asp providers
    BTW have you asked your linux host about asp module?
    I don't require the host to be Linux. I googled about ASP on Linux and it seemed technically complicated and problematic (compatibility doesn't seem to be full), so I figured it's probably simpler to just pay a few bucks more a month for a shared ASP hosting account, since I'll probably only need ASP for one site.

I'd recommend you to go for Windows host only rather than a Linux host with Mono (for ASP support) as it is best to go for native support. Also, you can browse some of the pages in Windows Hosting forum and thereafter decide about some reputable Windows web hosts available. Also, be sure to run search here at WHT to get some reviews of your prospective host.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    I'd recommend you to go for Windows host only rather than a Linux host with Mono (for ASP support) as it is best to go for native support.
    Thanks, yes that sounds right to me.

What do I need to know about when selecting a Windows host - are there any particular things I should be looking for, for instance in terms for control panels? Is there a de facto standard like cPanel?

Choose a host with Windows 2008. There are only a few Windows control panels. No such thing as a "standard" panel. Some are purchased off the shelf, some are custom built in house.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
    Thanks, yes that sounds right to me.

What do I need to know about when selecting a Windows host - are there any particular things I should be looking for, for instance in terms for control panels? Is there a de facto standard like cPanel?
    Most popular Windows control panel is Plesk, but there are some others.

And would be a good if each hosted web site would have its own IIS application pool, otherwise there are security issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
    I have a couple dedicated servers that run on Linux, but have no familiarity with ASP hosting at all. I recently purchased a script though that is programmed in ASP, and am looking for ASP shared hosting.

This should only be for one site, and will probably have low resource requirements. What are some ASP hosts that have a solid reputation around here? And is there anything I should know beforehand when selecting an ASP host (for instance, in the way that for Linux etc. machines you probably want cPanel, and miscellaneous things like safe mode disabled in php.ini).

Check the offers forum here on WHT- it would also be a good idea to ask the host if they can customize php.ini for your requirements so it gives you some flexibility.

Be sure you check control panel demos. The popular control panels are usually Helm, Plesk & DNP.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!