Monthly Costs and PayPal

Yes another paypal question. I'm trying to set up my "buttons" on paypal's site, and I needed some help. Is there anyway to charge a credit card monthly?

Thanks

Yes, if you sign up for a business account. It's called "Subscriptions" in PayPal's jargon - you can set the payment cycle to yearly, monthly, quarterly, whatever. But you have to be signed up for a business account.

You actually only need to have a premium account, but if you are charging them of course it will look a lot better if you had a business account since rather having your personal name, it will show your business name; although you can always stick to your old premium account if you couldn't be bothered to upgrade (or signup for a new one if you have not signed up).

Yeah I got a business acount and I figured it out shortly after post my own stupidity I guess

What's the main difference between Premium and Business account? Except you can add your own name on it?

There's really not much difference. But a business account allows you to change the name to a business and such. So instead of seeing your email, it will be Paying: XXX Inc. etc

Originally posted by PTEZ
    What's the main difference between Premium and Business account? Except you can add your own name on it?
    Another difference between the two accounts is that you don't have the use of permissions with the premium account. I think the permissions feature is just for other people to access your account to get stats, such as your accountant.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator