Hybrid View

Question Simple DNS Plus !Alternative!

my story..

i'm currently hosting a webserver on my own computer. and also hosting my own DNS, by using "SIMPLE DNS PLUS"

i was wondering if any one has an Alternative program to host a DNS at home.

i dont want to know about other service like "no-ip.com, dynamic DNS" free DNS Host. i want to host my own DNS at home.

Thank you.

Do you have a static IP? If not you still have to use Dynamic DNS.

-Eric
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

i'm on DSL with Dynamic IP

my question is. are there any other program that can perform the same task as "Simply DNS PLUS"

because i want to Host my own DNS at home. and i dont want to use scripting. (i'm not good at it, those Blinding thingy and etc)

I understand you want to host your own DNS server and that's your decision.
    But, according to http://www.dslwebserver.com/, "Some people run their own DNS servers at home, but it's probably more trouble than it is worth".

I'm also trying to learn how to run my own webserver from my home, and faced the same problem. I found that, since I also have a dynamic IP address, using ZoneEdit seems to be a good way to solve the problem.

thanks for replying viol,

by using ZoneEdit, it has a limit. and i dont like it.

btw. i do have my own domain name. http://www.blahblah.com

i was also wondering if there other service like ZoneEdit. (FREE?)

Secondary.com, mydomain.com and many many sites but among them Zoneedit is the best IMO
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

From all I've read so far, ZoneEdit seems to be the best.
    My main site is hosted outside, I pay for the hosting.
    The site I'm trying to host at home will be just for testing, for strict personal use, for funny and will be a part-time site, it'll be up and running only when my computer is up and running. I don't plan to leave my PC on 24 hours a day.