Hybrid View

server.lu - the worse service I had (review)

Once got server at server.lu, than this server become useless. Just did not paid for this (forgot the deal).
    Next time when I bought server for the same data (but different client account) they charged me for my first server which I did not use for extra month.

Paypal dispute did not give me anything. They just got my money.

Nowdays got new client which wants server at server.lu.

Bought one for the client. All went ok. Client ordered one more server. They setted up second server with faulty RAM. Contacted them to replace faulty RAM at second server (which was down because of it was useless). They switched off FIRST server to check the RAM. Now 12 hours gone, BOTH servers not working.

Server.LU is the WORST service you can get. DON'T USE THEM EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST DC YOU CAN BUY THE SERVER

PS: Will move my 2 servers to your DC from server.lu if you will provide me server for conditions like server.lu DS7000 server.

About them taking an extra month worth of money: Of course. You should properly cancel a server when you do not need it anymore. The 'just dont pay' method is not how people do serious business.

Have you thought about the fact that they leave the server on for a while so you can still come up with the money? If you then just *dont pay*, they lost weeks on that server. Just because you didnt create a cancel ticket. I'm glad they charged you for that.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
    About them taking an extra month worth of money: Of course. You should properly cancel a server when you do not need it anymore. The 'just dont pay' method is not how people do serious business.

Have you thought about the fact that they leave the server on for a while so you can still come up with the money? If you then just *dont pay*, they lost weeks on that server. Just because you didnt create a cancel ticket. I'm glad they charged you for that.
    All normal ISP/DC charging PRIOR to next month. They are only I know who using such stupid scheme. I'm working with leaseweb, nac, theplanet and no problems for a years.

Quote Originally Posted by simka View Post
    PS: Will move my 2 servers to your DC from server.lu if you will provide me server for conditions like server.lu DS7000 server.
    Check www.hetzner.de

Its called service to not erase the server directly after late payment. Many popular providers work that way. And its proper behavior to cancel a server when you dont need it anymore.