Problems with easyspace. Restricted resources (numothersock)

I am having trouble with easyspace and their VPS. I can barely run the server even though I have enough RAM and CPU usage available. Services die regularly due to the numothersock parameter restricting my services. They said I need to pay for an upgraded VPS server to increase the value, even though theres hardly anything running on it. Any advice from anyone?

This is unacceptable and gives VPS/VDS a bad name.

Get them to increase this or move provider. Take a look on here for reviews about easyspace...
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net

I have, but I beleive that their monthly plans are for a contract of 12months. Is there anything I can do to get out of this due to them restricting the resources? Thanks for your help.

Did you get this on your credit card ?

If so and they try anything threaten a charge-back. If you feel you have the right ram to run your sites but they are not providing a usable service then you are not getting what you paid for so you can demand a refund.

John

I've just had a look and for pay monthly packages they have a minimum 3 month period.

Can you provide the link to their page? I checked their T&C's and the part I looked at said that unless it's stated, its 12 months. I have had them on credit card, but I ordered back around Feb, but due to being busy with college and work, I have only now got around to adding an extra site ontop of my own. Back when I first had my server I had to get them to increase the numothersock value, because I couldn't even run postfix. They upped the value, but it still seems to low, I done a fresh install and it can't even run webmin and virtualmin correctly. Thanks.

TERM OF SERVICE
    3.10 Unless otherwise specified, each service is for an annual term, and unless otherwise specified at time of commencement of service, all services will incur an annual fee. To protect your services all services will renew automatically unless you opted out of the auto renew process. If you have opted out of auto renew it will be your responsibility to renew or cancel services that you no longer require at the appropriate time. Appropriate notices will be provided.
    For all packages purchased for a monthly term there is a minimum contract length of 3 months from date of purchase.

So your on a monthly term and can cancel anytime as you've already had it the minimum term - unless you paid yearly ?

Thanks, I must have missed that part. I can't even find the cancel button in their control panel. It's not where their FAQ says it is ..

That's because they don't want you to cancel..

Sorry, it's kind of off topic. I just checked by curiosity and on their customized plan they charge you a (very) small free if you pick another distribution than CentOS. lol.

Ok, got my account cancelled over at easyspace, and got urgentVPS.com to setup a trial account for me to test. They were recommended in another thread, and I must say, so far they seem very impressive.

They have good features, don't put unreasonable restrictions on the VPS like easyspace do(only limit the features you pay for, such as amount of RAM, fair share CPU, disk space, data transfer, etc.).

Their systems seem far more responsive, I found the easyspace systems were slow, including the control panel for the VPS, which hardly worked.

Another bonus is they use unmodified versions of CentOS, which was a bit of a pain with easyspace.

So far, so good

Hope this helps anyone who is considering a Vserver with easyspace.

one of the reasons I NEVER sign up for a long term contract on any VPS, whatever discounts you get are just not worth it (IMHO).