Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: PM Spam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    303

    PM Spam

    I have been receiving some pm spam from a few member, how do I report pm spam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,952
    There should be a report button in the PM window. Just hit that, and we'll have a look.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    303

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    There should be a report button in the PM window. Just hit that, and we'll have a look.

    Thanks reported all 5

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,952
    5?!
    Man, you'd think the word would be out it's not allowed here...
    Thanks!
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Wow that is a lot of Spam!
    What are their contents like? Are the sent by newbies or the so called "reputable" members in ?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Wow that is a lot of Spam!
    What are their contents like? Are the sent by newbies or the so called "reputable" members in ?
    Why does is mater JLHC? Was you sending spam and now you're afraid you're going to get busted?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Why does is mater JLHC? Was you sending spam and now you're afraid you're going to get busted?
    Nah... I was hoping to see some so called "reputable" members being banned due to their actions of spamming.

    Jokes aside, I am curious to know how the spammers spam other members, what are their purposes, how do they identify a "target", etc.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    303
    A few newbs one person has like 300 or more post but these are people I have never come in contact with on WHT before.

    and NO JLHC is not one of them, lol.

    Don't get me wrong, I like chatting via pm with web hosting owners, occasionally we mix in a hosting offer but that's from people that I have engaged in conversation before or via email or around the forum.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Pica$$o View Post
    A few newbs one person has like 300 or more post but these are people I have never come in contact with on WHT before.

    and NO JLHC is not one of them, lol.

    Don't get me wrong, I like chatting via pm with web hosting owners, occasionally we mix in a hosting offer but that's from people that I have engaged in conversation before or via email or around the forum.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now let's hope that the moderators will take action as soon as possible to handle this.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    303
    Just reported another one.

    if your new to WHT, people should really take time to read the rules.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    how come I never get pm spam?

    in fact...how come i never really get pm'd, apart from the odd one.

    owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    how come I never get pm spam?

    in fact...how come i never really get pm'd, apart from the odd one.

    owm
    Try posting a "Need A New Host" thread in the Web Hosting Forum. I believe you should get many shameless PMs.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    rofl....

    I'll try that but will set up autoforwarding of the pm's to bear.

    He'll like the read.

    owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    I'll try that but will set up autoforwarding of the pm's to bear.

    He'll like the read.
    That implies I read my PMs.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    how come I never get pm spam?

    in fact...how come i never really get pm'd, apart from the odd one.

    owm
    I also never recieve PM's

    Off topic, just realised your from the big smoke, havent noticed a lot of Scottish guys on here, so hello from a fellow Scot

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    nice one mate.

    yupps I'm in Auld Reekie.

    there's a few of us in here.

    owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Similar Threads

  1. sendmail spam protection wrapper software to stop LOCAL spam?
    By mrbling in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:32 AM
  2. spam SPAM spam SPAM - everyday! barf!
    By kipasa in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:07 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:43 AM
  4. http://www.webfuture.co.uk - SPAM SPAM SPAM
    By XTStrike in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2002, 05:15 AM
  5. Hostex.com STAY FAR AWAY, spam spam spam your boat!
    By cbaker17 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-08-2002, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •