your ideal setup?

If you could have your company setup anyway you wanted, money not an object then what would you have and what services would you offer?

If i knew the answer to that question..the business would of been setup ages ago....

If we had an unlimited cash flow I would like to build a datacenter and offer colocation and managed servers...

That being said... I think we'll get there on our own one day... after some hard work and persistance.
    CDHost - Managed Business Hosting
    http://www.cdhost.com - [email protected]
    Proud Host of PhotoshopForums.com!

Re: your ideal setup?

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    If you could have your company setup anyway you wanted, money not an object then what would you have and what services would you offer?
    I would have OC-12's from every major and minor provider in the United States, plus a few satelite links and a few solar arrays for backup power (who knows?). I would have one cluster for each function virtual servers have to perform (one for mail, one for FTP/Web, one for shell) and seperate firewalls for each group of clusters. Oh yeah, and there will be multiple groups of clusters, all load balanced. Sites won't go down, ever!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Hmmm..... good question..... Well buy 20 new dial-up servers and pay for 10 years os leased PRI's through every provider nationwide and worldwide .
    Sincerly,
    Erik Stafford
    Namenerd.com
    "A New Way For Everything"

whoops-- double post.

Zak

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    Money no object? I would work on my tan in Hawaii during the summer, and my skiing in Colorado during the summer.

In other words, if money was no object, I have no reason to work.

I enjoy work, but I wouldn't be as serious about it if money wasn't the primary objective.

Zak

2000000 servers and unlimited bandwidth

If money was no object, why work? I'd probably still open a web hosting business. Or rather buy over Rackshack so headsurfer can open RackPlace. And just wait to get even richer.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Originally posted by net-trend
    If money was no object, why work? I'd probably still open a web hosting business. Or rather buy over Rackshack so headsurfer can open RackPlace. And just wait to get even richer.
    rackplace is taken! maybe rack rackhead.com ;<
    - brian

failing to plan is planning to fail.

Originally posted by CDHost
    If we had an unlimited cash flow I would like to build a datacenter and offer colocation and managed servers...

That being said... I think we'll get there on our own one day... after some hard work and persistance.
    I'd sooner lease the space from someone else. Then again, that is because my background is technical and not taking HVAC readings.

well if you're going to go all out and everyone has unlimited capital.. why not convert some old titan/atlas missle silos into IDC's.

http://www.missilebases.com/

I mean damn, think of the marketing frenzy you could stur up.. esp after 9/11.
    - brian

failing to plan is planning to fail.

Originally posted by brian-WHT

rackplace is taken! maybe rack rackhead.com ;<
    Yer! It's some jewelry selling place. Who would've thought eh?!
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I'd say screw the company. Let's hook one of these bad boys up at my house.

ummm ideal business tvr testing to make sure they all go fast enough before they sell them.

otherwise i wouldnt mind running a business like bt if oftel didnt exist. whup some ass and reorganise the system. 1000 base lx drops for everyone.

either that or a marine biology research foundation.
    --
    Rich

I would invest into a bluechip, cash out, and put most of it into mutual funds. Live a the markets Secure investments.

Than I'd open our own datacenter, heh.
    Kaumil P.

whats the fascination with ownign a dc ? Headsurfer doesnt..and hes loaded...plsu more stress than there worht..

Originally posted by mcfcforever
    whats the fascination with ownign a dc ? Headsurfer doesnt..and hes loaded...plsu more stress than there worht..
    Lots of shiny hardware you can touch.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct