serverint or liquidweb VPS?

I am deciding on moving again if the recent trojan problems on serverint isn't resolved soon. Unfortunately slow support is frustrating me a little on resolutions and or not knowing whats going on.

I had great customer support and much faster with liquidweb, however their VPS plans seems to be not as good as serverint.

serverint plan $49.00/m i am on http://www.servint.net/vps.php

is great value.

liquidweb plan the cheapest $60/m https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/vps/VPS/Plan1

Has anyone had good experiences with liquidweb VPS servers?

thanks for any advice.

russ

to further expand on my question the reason i went with servint for VPS is their statement:

We use the industry's fastest drives in our host servers - 15K RPM SAS.
    We use guaranteed RAM provisioning and we never oversell. Never!
    50,000 lines of custom code make ServInt more secure, reliable and faster than our competitors.
    Every account is supported by ServInt's Managed Customer Support. We're here when you need us anytime!

its the first VPS i have been on that could run my auction site without issues.(only tried 2 others)

so i was pleased to see that sometimes it comes down to how knowledgeable the host is at fine tuning their servers to run really well.

But compared to liquidweb support there is no comparison where liquidweb are very fast in my previous experience when i had a dedicated server with them.

Just not sure about their VPS setups.

I can vouch for liquidweb. I've been running great on the server for a few months now. 67.227.154.21 is one of my ip's if you'd like to give it a test run to ping.

This doesn't sound like the ServInt I know, what exactly is this trojan problem you mention?

its the safari browser that is telling its a trojan and google http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...25847&hl=en-US

Its a script code that is injected to all index.html and index.php files.

i chased my tale for a couple of days as soon as you delete the code it comes back. So i had to chmod all those files to 444 to stop it happening. the tech support said it was coming from my computer. but i have scanned with a trojan remover and i run kaspersky internet suite but cant find anything on my end.

in fact some of my sites the safari browser suggests still an issue but i cant find anything and i cant get any help from tech support. here is another one of my sites that reports an issue http://www.livingjuice.com.au/

so its getting frustrating have to update my support tickets with "is anyone there?" and asking for someone to respond.

i did get a response 8 hrs later that wasn't helpful. just got told the usual we have 10's of thousands of websites and we deal with these issues one by one, just as the issue on your server is being dealt with.

which is fine but i could have been told 8 hrs ago and not when i am trying to get someone to respond all the time to let me know whats going on.

in fact i still don't know and was just told the domains listed have likely been taken care of already.

so i am still trying to get help but it seems it might be backlog in the support ticket system.

so yeah time to look for another host again.

Quote Originally Posted by xbxbxc View Post
    I can vouch for liquidweb. I've been running great on the server for a few months now. 67.227.154.21 is one of my ip's if you'd like to give it a test run to ping.
    hi, which VPS plan you on? do you run busy sites with many scripts like e-commerce scripts etc? what RAM amount did you get?

thanks
    russ

Actually, LW isn't that expensive if you take into consideration their "forever" promotion on WHT's VPS offers forum.

Personally I won't want to go with ServInt, who throw in 32GB of RAM into a single node. Who knows how many VM do they put on it? With such large amount of RAM, it also hints me that there are a large amount of VM on the same node, which causes lesser amount of CPU power available. Just my opinion though, may not be the case though. (but why are they putting such large amount of RAM when they don't use that much? For upgrades, if that's the case, the ending will be the same.)
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Just to mention, servint.net has 1 TB monthly bandwidth. And liquidweb.com has 200GB but add another 200GB would cost $10 extra.

yes servint.net has large bandwidth. Although that isn't a priority for me at the moment.

I would rather have more RAM and CPU and fast support. I am still considering the LW VPS as i noticed the current discounts in their advertising forum is pretty tempting.

Hey Razgo.

This certainly doesn't sound like the ServInt I know...especially considering that I work here.

Why don't you PM me with more information (i.e. server name, etc.) and I'll make sure it gets to the right person.
    Eric Morales
    Business Communications Manager
    ServInt | Like us on Facebook!
    Managed Hosting Made Better

Hi, the support ticket number is BBE-962705-398

I have now put in a review request to google to have that message removed from my site. hopefully it is all clean now. but now if your using firefox its impossible to browse my site because of the "this is an attack site" warning thats put there. this one seems to the only one now that displays this message auctionsellersunite.com and this one livingjuice.com.au/
    Last edited by Razgo; 07-27-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Talk to LiquidWeb. They may come back with a better offer for me (they did for me, but I had already migrated to WiredTree by then).

my sites appear to be all clean again now and Google was quicker than i thought as i am getting no more browser warnings after i submitted a review request from Google to review my sites again.

for me its more the slowness of tech support or failure to communicate effectively on what they were doing about it. There is nothing worse than silence in support ticket that doesn't get responded to in a timely manner when your site is under attack of some sort.

that aside, i haven't had any other issues with them.

I will be moving back to Wiredtree today.

Have you committed to moving back to WiredTree?

Quote Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
    Have you committed to moving back to WiredTree?
    I don't have a choice. my ServInt VPS keeps on crashing. I found out my VPS restarted because my shoutcast radio was down.

although, I really love ServInt, I can't afford their next plan which is $89/month.

Wiredtree is a good host, although, Zac and I had a misunderstanding on my previous posts, I would still want to use them again as they have great speeds and servers. plus their highest plan only costs $71.20(with coupon)