Post dmehosting.com - Anyone Have Good Review?

Hi I would like to know if anyone got any good/bad experiences with dmehosting? To be specific with the VPS hosting.

Also I got a question if they would allow a game server or torrent hosting?

Also if ordered 100Mb unmetered would be truly 100Mb?

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by WebCobra View Post
    Hi I would like to know if anyone got any good/bad experiences with dmehosting? To be specific with the VPS hosting.

Also I got a question if they would allow a game server or torrent hosting?

Also if ordered 100Mb unmetered would be truly 100Mb?

Thank You
    No, it won't be truly 100Mbps, your sharing a 100Mbps with tens of others.

I honestly never heard of the company. Have you searched WHT or both positive and negative reviews?
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    I honestly never heard of the company. Have you searched WHT or both positive and negative reviews?
    I've heard of them, they have rocky reviews on WHT. They are just BurstNET resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    I've heard of them, they have rocky reviews on WHT. They are just BurstNET resellers.
    I didn't think BurstNET had the same VPS plans as us? Not sure what your comment is suppose to mean.

Also, our VPS's are in Denver CO which isn't BurstNET.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    I didn't think BurstNET had the same VPS plans as us? Not sure what your comment is suppose to mean.

Also, our VPS's are in Denver CO which isn't BurstNET.
    Y'all are just burstnet resellers for dedi's, I didn't realize this thread was in the vps section.

my friend has an vps with dme un-managed plan, he's been exactly for a month may be its 32nd day today :p, he had no downtime and no support for sure, its strictly un-managed on un-managed plan

no u wouldn't get 100mb full, u might get around 6000gb max I guess, as its a shared connection

Yeah, it would be on a shared connection, so you will not get it full..

Here's two reviews I found quickly with the search feature:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=DMEHosting
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=DMEHosting

Recently my dedicated server with dmehosting was rebooted by a DC tech ( burstnet ) without reason or permission.

Also be aware of the backdoor which burstnet uses in its linux distros.
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers

<< Also be aware of the backdoor which burstnet uses in its linux distros. >>

Not sure what you are talking about, but the only thing of the sort we have like that is linux single-mode, which ALL linux O/S has by default, and thus ALL providers have from on-site locations.

<< Recently my dedicated server with dmehosting was rebooted by a DC tech ( burstnet ) without reason or permission. >>

There is always a reason. Most likely our monitoring system reported it as down and we rebooted automatically. Or if there was a support inquiry, or upgrade involved, any of those could explain the matter. Or even our announced electrical maintenance/upgrade for a portion of the facility recently could have been the reason.

Please do not make assumptions if you do not have all the facts...

well my current vps server i have with DMEHosting has been down for over 2 hours so far...no signs of any recovery, and no response from their support team.

GL.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganNZ View Post
    Recently my dedicated server with dmehosting was rebooted by a DC tech ( burstnet ) without reason or permission.

Also be aware of the backdoor which burstnet uses in its linux distros.
    You don't need a backdoor when it's a VPS. You can simply change into the VPS shell from the host node. If they own the systems, no reason they can't get on your box for trouble tickets/etc. If there is an issue, I'd rather the DC have access to the system than not.

Additionally, I'd have to firmly believe if there was a "backdoor" built into their OS builds then we'd be reading all about it. Saying things like that without proof is pretty unfair and very misleading to others. I agree, you shouldn't speak unless you have factual information to back it up.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

<< You don't need a backdoor when it's a VPS. You can simply change into the VPS shell from the host node. If they own the systems, no reason they can't get on your box for trouble tickets/etc. If there is an issue, I'd rather the DC have access to the system than not. >>

He stated "dedicated server" specifically, not "vps"...(even though this is a vps thread).

well the discussion is going off topic from vps discussion to dedi discussion, guys can u check out the section the thread was posted

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    Oh wow well if they truly are BurstNET resellers I would NOT get a service with them. I had a server with Burst way back in the day just to try them out and wow that a mistake.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    Oh wow well if they truly are BurstNET resellers I would NOT get a service with them. I had a server with Burst way back in the day just to try them out and wow that a mistake.

Your review is completely outdated then...and not relevant to our service levels delivered in recent times...as the infrastructure that serviced you no longer exists:

We completely replaced/upgraded our network (and network engineering staff, a well as our ordering/billing system) in November 2008, and have had near perfect service levels since that time---even better than some of the providers on here being recommend left and right charging 2-3x the prices we do. Check the Network Outages forums since the end of last year and see for yourself---I think you'll see our competitors listed quite a bit more than us (if we are even mentioned at all...)! ;-)

We use the same network equipment now as some of the top providers currently: Cisco 6500-Series routers/switches & Cisco Guard DDOS protection. We are also in the middle of upgrading our network to 10G equipment/links, instead of our 1G equipment/links.

If you are an ex-client that wants to see first-hand the improvement and phenomenal service levels we now provide, please contact us, and maybe we can arrange a way to do that...