Looking for a VPS under $10

Hi guys, I was planing to buy a hosting plan, but I'm afraid of overselling and if I use many resources I will get suspended without any notice. So, I think I will get a Vps, at least I know how many resources I am using and how much is needed.
    I need a provider that accepts PayPal.
    Thanks!
    Btw I'm from Romania, all VPS are welcomed (Asia, US, CA)

Well what are your vps requirements ram space bandwidth etc? And a vps under 10 dollars will be overselling which is what you are trying to prevent. What will you be running for a site?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

A news site (blog). I Haven't got a minimum requirement yet, just to run mysql, php, postfix, apache..etc

fivebean.com has some great low priced VPSs.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Quote Originally Posted by adyshor View Post
    A news site (blog). I Haven't got a minimum requirement yet, just to run mysql, php, postfix, apache..etc
    If you need a control panel it might be hard to find something good for that price. With that said, I think hivelocity has come cheap sub-$10 vps plans. I can't comment on the quality or reliability though.

Almost any provider will accept paypal. Also, usually you should get a notice before suspension on shared hosting. Depends how much resources your site eats.
    If it's a new site then you will probably need a basic, small VPS with at least 256 MB ram.
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    If you need a control panel it might be hard to find something good for that price. With that said, I think hivelocity has come cheap sub-$10 vps plans. I can't comment on the quality or reliability though.
    Hi, I'm not a newbie in linux, I can handle it.
    Just took a pic on fivebean, that price is for july only? I don't understand

If you can manage your VPS yourself then have a look at http://www.fsckvps.com/hosting/ but remember they are fully un-managed, they will handle the hardware and network, you will have to handle your VPS.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I found today about dmehosting.com , they are pretty good low pricing. But don't know if it is a great host.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCobra View Post
    I found today about dmehosting.com , they are pretty good low pricing. But don't know if it is a great host.
    They've had some rocky reviews on WHT.

To the OP, I suggest you look at Xen VPS's as it's IMPOSSIBLE for a host to oversell. I would say you can probably get 192mb->256mb of ram for $10, obviously w/o a control panel.

Thank you all, I bought from intovps.com
    Thank you for all your answers

Quote Originally Posted by adyshor View Post
    Thank you all, I bought from intovps.com
    Thank you for all your answers
    They are overselling.

I wish you the best of luck though, IIRC they are the same company who does intodns.com
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-25-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Jacob, you should have some arguments regarding your statement above, the one with the overselling.

And a vps under 10 dollars will be overselling which is what you are trying to prevent.
    How is a VPS under $10 considered overselling when you dont even know what requirements the OP has?

We offer sub-$10 VPS and we do not oversell at all (benchmarks prove it).

If you are buying a 512MB RAM vps for under $10, then yeah, you're probably being placed on an oversold node. If you are buying a 128MB RAM VPS for under $10, then there is room to make profit and I wouldnt jump to conclusions about overselling.

@OP: I would recommend contacting your (prospective) host directly, look for reviews, etc..
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
    Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
    DME Hosting, LLC [http://www.dmehosting.com]

This is true, I have a few vendors that sell 5 buck and up VPSs, and if they oversell, the benchmarks and day-to-day usage sure don't show it. Some of the fastest I've clocked (even with smaller resources).

It is not impossible for Xen to oversell. Anyone who actually runs it can tell you that.

it's very possible to offer 512MB VPS servers without overselling (I think Jacob was reffering to the memory, but I am still waiting for his answer).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    To the OP, I suggest you look at Xen VPS's as it's IMPOSSIBLE for a host to oversell. I would say you can probably get 192mb->256mb of ram for $10, obviously w/o a control panel.
    Invalid Information above ^^ Please ignore this.

With Xen, it is very possible to oversell now.

Don't be so scared of overselling. Be scared of providers with "rocky" reviews here on WHT. Also be weary of a provider with no reviews either.

A $10 VPS does not have to be oversold at all, but it will be light on resources if not oversold.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Take a look at VPSLink, I have been using them for over a year now and have a Link-1 (under $10) acting as a VPN, and 2 Link-4s with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Be scared of providers with "rocky" reviews here on WHT. Also be weary of a provider with no reviews either.
    I aggree.

also stay away from Buzzservers. (and their $3 vps).

VPSlink would be a good start for you. get their Link 2 and setup a basic LAMP as for the 512 MB, I doubt you'll find decent vps servers. fsckvps used to be the best in the cheap price range of vps servers until the recent hacking incident.

BTW, I'm using the $8 VPS of Hivelocity.net to run my sc_trans.

OpenVZ
    256MB RAM
    10GB Space
    150GB 10 mbps bandwidth
    $8

Well , I was going to Make New Thread when i found this One . SO i ask the Same but Looking for :

1- Hard Disk 5-15GB
    2-BW 100-300 GB or Up
    3- 256MB
    4- 2 IPs
    5- its Ok no Control Panel use i want to Use one of the free Ones so please if you know Good Free CP to recomende.
    6- its Ok if Unmanaged ...

I Have a Managed VPS with VPSright.com .. but i 'm looking for another cheap VPS for Learning Purpose's ..
    I want to Start from Scrach ..but want to do it with cheap VPS.

I was a Step a way from Sign Up with dmehosting.com .. but after reading Jacob Comment about them .. Got Scared .. I dont want a VPS reseller .

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by onasre View Post
    Well , I was going to Make New Thread when i found this One . SO i ask the Same but Looking for :

1- Hard Disk 5-15GB
    2-BW 100-300 GB or Up
    3- 256MB
    4- 2 IPs
    5- its Ok no Control Panel use i want to Use one of the free Ones so please if you know Good Free CP to recomende.

I Have a Managed VPS with VPSright.com .. but i 'm looking for another cheap VPS for Learning Purpose's ..

I was a Step a way from Sign Up with dmehosting.com .. but after reading Jacob Comment about them .. Got Scared .. I dont want a VPS reseller .

Thx
    Fivebean is excellent. They have a CP to reboot / rdns, and basic VPS control, you can add a hosting cp, or just install virtualmin or something similar.

There are many providers offering cheap VPS servers. Few of them already answered to this thread.
    You can check fsckvps.com for a cheap reliable VPS.
    You will also find very good reviews about them on this forum (except the ones when they had problems with HyperVM).
    Last edited by Cristi4n; 07-27-2009 at 03:56 AM.

I also have multiples through FSCK, an excellent choice. They do charge extra for IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    Fivebean is excellent. They have a CP to reboot / rdns, and basic VPS control, you can add a hosting cp, or just install virtualmin or something similar.
    It been Said under $10 fivebean Equal $10 plus $2 Second IP that $12

how much under ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    There are many providers offering cheap VPS servers. Few of them already answered to this thread.
    You can check fsckvps.com for a cheap reliable VPS.
    You will also find very good reviews about them on this forum (except the ones when they had problems with HyperVM).
    None on this Post were under $10 with Good Review But fsckvps.com they Don'e say how many IPS are included,

It been Said under $10 fivebean Equal $10 plus $2 Second IP that $12
    same would go for FSCK then, but fivebean does have a 5 buck offering also.

good lucking finding reputable hosting for exactly those specs, gotta be some give n take. a dollar here or there shouldn't make too much difference if you want some actual uptime and support.

None on this Post were under $10 with Good Review But fsckvps.com they Don'e say how many IPS are included,
    Fsck includes 1 IP, extra is $2 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    how much under ?
    Since i'm going Mess the Server Up from the First day , it would be Nice if i Blow Out $5 or lets say Under the $10 . $9 sounds Good , $8 Better , $7 Much better ..

I lost My Job with kroger Long time ago , So wht u Expect

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    same would go for FSCK then, but fivebean does have a 5 buck offering also.

good lucking finding reputable hosting for exactly those specs, gotta be some give n take. a dollar here or there shouldn't make too much difference if you want some actual uptime and support.
    Do you have Direct link to the $5 Offer ,, Didt see such thing

1- Hard Disk 5-15GB
    2-BW 100-300 GB or Up
    3- 256MB
    4- 2 IPs

Thx

We are not a VPS reseller and we own our servers...
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    We are not a VPS reseller and we own our servers...
    But someone Said You Guys A reseller for Burst or some company like that Name cant remember..

But later i will sign up with YA and Find Out by My self

But someone Said You Guys A reseller for Burst or some company like that Name cant remember..

But later i will sign up with YA and Find Out by My self
    They resell dedicated servers from Burst, but their VPS are not resold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Universes View Post
    They resell dedicated servers from Burst, but their VPS are not resold.
    Any Way I run away from them Before even try ..

Signed up with them , and they ask about Phone # to send Pin , and had used my cell phone # , which i didt have in time with me and didt know they going send me pin # to finish the Order ..

Tried Get help thru live Chat , But they said cant look at billing , and needed to Open tiket , i opened tiket and the same guy on live chat replied with same answer on live Chat that Cant Look on Billing to Send me the Pin.
    So i had Enoght and decided Not to Finish the Order ..

Now .. I have Signed up before with vpsright and they didt ask for phone # to send u a pin to confirm your idintity..

Why Would they Belive Someone trys to finish my Order and Pay on my Behave . Who Going to Care Pay My bills .. Thast Dump and i was Stupid to give my Real Cell Phone .Wht Next .. SSN

Every company has it's own way of verifying if their client is legitimate or not.

VPSRight seems like a good provider as well.
    Last edited by Profuse-Jimmy; 07-27-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Any Way I run away from them Before even try ..

Signed up with them , and they ask about Phone # to send Pin , and had used my cell phone # , which i didt have in time with me and didt know they going send me pin # to finish the Order ..

Tried Get help thru live Chat , But they said cant look at billing , and needed to Open tiket , i opened tiket and the same guy on live chat replied with same answer on live Chat that Cant Look on Billing to Send me the Pin.
    So i had Enoght and decided Not to Finish the Order ..

Now .. I have Signed up before with vpsright and they didt ask for phone # to send u a pin to confirm your idintity..

Why Would they Belive Someone trys to finish my Order and Pay on my Behave . Who Going to Care Pay My bills .. Thast Dump and i was Stupid to give my Real Cell Phone .Wht Next .. SSN
    The PIN #'s are automated, nobody can tell you what the Pin # is. We have to manually approve your order after you submit a ticket. But you became very rude and abusive, in the end I think we are all happy that you are with VPSRight.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    The PIN #'s are automated, nobody can tell you what the Pin # is. We have to manually approve your order after you submit a ticket. But you became very rude and abusive, in the end I think we are all happy that you are with VPSRight.
    Put the Chat log we Had here so every One See's it , and the Messsage i sent you thru Ticket .. and Let See How Rude I was ..

I was talking to Some 1 , Who told me to open a ticket , I did Not ask for Manualy -Pin -.. i asked to Call me Back with the Pin .. He couldt Help and Said to Open ticket , Well i did Open Tiket and Guess who the Answered Me .. He was The Same One I was chatting with , So why he Made me Open tiket and he Answered Me the Same .. There when i Said Cancel My Account ..

So if you unhappy with there service and Reply .. That Makes you Rude ..
    Did i Curse You ?
    Did i Make One Single Bad word to you ?
    Did I Disrespect you as Person?

I was a Client who is Not Happy with the System you Have Created ..

Do not Listen to me . Am Rude But People Listen to others who warrn me from them here ..

Million Thank you to Jacob , without His Comment they Almost Fished Me Out of my Lake ..

and I Guess VPSright Happy to have me as i'm Happy to be with Real provider Not a $5 Provider ..

And That is Not Rude .. I Just Not Happy Coustmer..

Wish you Good Luck ..
    Last edited by onasre; 07-28-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Do you have Direct link to the $5 Offer ,, Didt see such thing
    You have to click on "VPS Hosting".

Or if you want to save more calories, here's a link. It's the "Bean" package.
    $5. It does, and has existed for quite a while.

http://fivebean.com/vpshosting/