Question Ready to Buy - Please Recommend Offshore VPS

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a VPS/Dedicated/Cloud for a website that hosts legal content including videos etc. but has privacy issues attached to its subject for an offshore host.

Here are my outrageous ugly desires, I know that not everything will be possible, hence I put them down in order of importance:

- Offshore (anything NOT in the EU, CA, or USA)
    - Reliable Hosting Company
    - Unmetered or very generous traffic
    - Storage >50GB (that means 'more than...'
    - Fast, again, reliable Uplink/Connectivity
    - Approachable Customer Care
    - Price (last in order of importance does not mean I don't care

Thanks for your suggestions. It would be great if a few of you could tell me about their general experience with 'offshore' hosts.

I'm yet to see an truly "offshore" VPS provider but look into the VPS offers forum anyway, EU providers should be OK for your needs and most providers have a decent privacy policy in place confirming customer details won't be given out apart from subpoenas and court orders.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Are you looking managed or unamanged VPS/Dedicated ? Also, assuming you might be interested in Asian countries , B/w cost in Asian country is little bit higher compared to EU and USA providers.
    Managed Virtuozzo VPS | Reseller Hosting
    http://www.odishahosting.com [ USA Datacenter]
    http://www.odishahosting.in [ INDIA Datacetner]
    [email protected] | 1-732-253-0169 ( sales)

Privacy of Hosting Provider Not The Issue, Psychology Is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekin View Post
    ...most providers have a decent privacy policy in place confirming customer details won't be given out apart from subpoenas and court orders.
    Unfortunately the Privacy Policy of a provider is not really the issue here, it is the (unfounded?) fear of the user to be exposed to a privacy intrusion by the government in charge.

Selling my services in this respect is 1/3 psychology and 2/3's web administration and design.

Quote Originally Posted by Odisha-Hosting View Post
    Are you looking managed or unamanged VPS/Dedicated ? Also, assuming you might be interested in Asian countries , B/w cost in Asian country is little bit higher compared to EU and USA providers.
    I am fine with unmanaged VPS, but I am certainly also interested in the price difference between unmanaged VPS / managed VPS and unmanaged dedicated server / managed dedicated server.

I am basically open to everything, I just want a hosting company which will not intrude on the contents / scripts / processes running on the server as long as it does not interfere with their network. That is the important point.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeColby View Post
    I am basically open to everything, I just want a hosting company which will not intrude on the contents / scripts / processes running on the server as long as it does not interfere with their network. That is the important point.
    What kind of content you are talking here and scripts you are talking about ? I think as long as you are within your resource limit it should be OK.

which will not intrude on the contents / scripts / processes running on the server as long as it does not interfere with their network.
    Any VPS provider will meet these circumstances, thought I still would choose someone from outside the US for the psychology factor.

I was recently reading the case of a Malaysian hosting provider allowing police walking into their facility, connecting a external HDD to a server of a known torrent website and backing up their data with no court order. Atleast when the server is in an EU country, You know that your data will be protected by law.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Need Unmetered or High Data Throughput Allowance

Quote Originally Posted by Odisha-Hosting View Post
    What kind of content you are talking here and scripts you are talking about ? I think as long as you are within your resource limit it should be OK.
    Sure, I assumed that, but your servers for example, looking at your website, only allow for 30GB of traffic/month and I will need considerably more. That's where the 'unmetered' or 'high data throughput allowance' of my criteria comes in

Again, there will be video on the web property, so we will have a lot more data than 30GB going through that pipe.

Most providers are not going to mess with your server/data as long as there aren't reports of illegal activity or misuse. I'd do some searching around as most providers here will have a privacy policy posted publicly.

Best of luck in your search.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Sure, I assumed that, but your servers for example, looking at your website, only allow for 30GB of traffic/month and I will need considerably more. That's where the 'unmetered' or 'high data throughput allowance' of my criteria comes in
    Well, I understand that. But hosting providers can create custom plans for you as well. But still my question remains when you talk of unmetered, are you talking about 1MBPS or 10MBPS unmetered or more than that ?

Also I would recommend looking at the TOS and Privacy policy of providers to know whether they can accomodate your content or not.

There are only that many "lawful" countries in Asia... so it shouldn't be hard to find a provider in a certain red dot. Having said that though, if there is truly something wrong with the content such that the police/gov NEEDS to get involved, there isn't a single provider who won't let a (group of) policeman with the necessary documents from accessing the content.