problem with yahoo

I tried to purchase a hosting plan with yahoo with a prepa 24$ for 3 months .. after I put in my card details they said declined card ..

I called my bank and they told me that yahoo is holding over 24$ in my card in pending status waiting to be withdrawed !!???

I couldn't find any link to cancel my " declined " order and I couldn't even find their support e-mail .. they only put a telephone number over ocean which will surely cost me more than the 24$ + their hold !!

I don't know what to do and I need to find a contact for them

They may be vetting your credit card. Does their toll free number 866-781-9246 not work oversees? Check you spam folder for other emails
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

works over sees but the call fees will exceed the 25$ .. lol

nothing in spam

---

If your card was declined, that is your banks fault. Not Yahoo's. As far as Yahoo is concerned, you are not their customer (because you are not). Sounds like your bank is not taking responsibility here.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Quote Originally Posted by larwilliams View Post
    If your card was declined, that is your banks fault. Not Yahoo's. As far as Yahoo is concerned, you are not their customer (because you are not). Sounds like your bank is not taking responsibility here.
    This could be right, ether your bank or yahoo is lieing i doubt someone is lying here. Sounds mostly like if your bank is missing something, Hope you get your money back. Or atleast find where your money is....

If a card is declined, sometimes a "authorization" is still placed on the money. It will fade away in a few days, give or take, depending on your bank... nothing to see here. Yahoo did not "fraud" you. Your card was declined, and that is not Yahoo's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    If a card is declined, sometimes a "authorization" is still placed on the money. It will fade away in a few days, give or take, depending on your bank... nothing to see here. Yahoo did not "fraud" you. Your card was declined, and that is not Yahoo's fault.
    After I posted what I said I thought about this, It may take some time for your declined thingy to go by. Yahoo won't fraud there a big company

Something similar happened to me once. The company weiste said the card was declined, but my bank said the money was waiting authorization, and it was already deducted from my card.

I was worried because the amount was about $250. I went to the bank and talked to a representative, for several days. They were not experienced on online shopping, and didn't actually know what would happen to my money.

Finally they talked to their online payments department, and got informed that any denied payment returns to the account after 10 days. I learned this on day 9. I waited one more thay and the money was deposited back to me.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Agree, that's probably the cause, I had some previous billing cases like that and it always was due to the "authorization/verification" charge that our payment gateway placed, even if the card was refused due to the fraud filter.
    Just Freelancing on the Net

I guess you can try here: http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/contactus/
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    Something similar happened to me once. The company weiste said the card was declined, but my bank said the money was waiting authorization, and it was already deducted from my card.

I was worried because the amount was about $250. I went to the bank and talked to a representative, for several days. They were not experienced on online shopping, and didn't actually know what would happen to my money.

Finally they talked to their online payments department, and got informed that any denied payment returns to the account after 10 days. I learned this on day 9. I waited one more thay and the money was deposited back to me.
    Thanks a lot... for this information Harzeem. I have never come across such situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shofolofo View Post
    I tried to purchase a hosting plan with yahoo with a prepa 24$ for 3 months .. after I put in my card details they said declined card ..

I called my bank and they told me that yahoo is holding over 24$ in my card in pending status waiting to be withdrawed !!???

I couldn't find any link to cancel my " declined " order and I couldn't even find their support e-mail .. they only put a telephone number over ocean which will surely cost me more than the 24$ + their hold !!

I don't know what to do and I need to find a contact for them
    You need to wait, a "pending" just means its in a hold status, no one will do anything until it's out of pending.

You have not been "frauded" unless this makes it to a completed transaction status, and since this is Yahoo, I'm sure it would be an error rather than an actual premeditated fraud attempt. I'd suggest choosing your wording a little more careful, that's kind of a heavy word to be tossing around with just a pending status in your transaction.

If you canceled, or the transaction is not good in any way, it will drop off of "pending" in a day or two. This is what happens when it's just authorized to see if you have funds to cover the transaction, and happens regardless of if you actually purchase or not. It also sounds like you used a debit card?

I've dealt with this many times, and institutions will simply not touch it until it's out of pending status.
    If it does not drop off, and becomes an actual transaction, then you can start the dispute measures. But, you are in a holding pattern until it gets out of the current status.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

I agree... I wouldn't call this sort of thing as fraud. More a mix-up on the part of your bank/Yahoo! with the transaction. If you haven't spoken with their billing or support departments, I'd think it's a little unfair to claim fraud.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post

This is very logic ... Maybe it is the case here

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    You need to wait, a "pending" just means its in a hold status, no one will do anything until it's out of pending.

You have not been "frauded" unless this makes it to a completed transaction status, and since this is Yahoo, I'm sure it would be an error rather than an actual premeditated fraud attempt. I'd suggest choosing your wording a little more careful, that's kind of a heavy word to be tossing around with just a pending status in your transaction.

If you canceled, or the transaction is not good in any way, it will drop off of "pending" in a day or two. This is what happens when it's just authorized to see if you have funds to cover the transaction, and happens regardless of if you actually purchase or not. It also sounds like you used a debit card?

I've dealt with this many times, and institutions will simply not touch it until it's out of pending status.
    If it does not drop off, and becomes an actual transaction, then you can start the dispute measures. But, you are in a holding pattern until it gets out of the current status.

yes I notice now .. I was just pissed because the hold stopped me from choosing another company ..

will try to change the topic head