Windows VPS with LiquidWeb

Dear friends @ WHT,

I have a Windows VPS with LiquidWeb for couple of months or lets say almost a year now.

Pretty happy with their technical support and connectivity.

Today my VPS is down for couple of hours now and the support advised me that the issue is with power failure.

Due to a Power Strip failure in our Data Center your Parent server lost power. We have a temporary replacement strip in place at this time. We are going to power the servers down again at 5:00 AM Eastern time for a permanent power strip replacement.

How acceptable is it? I have my clients [ Nokia customer care, India is one of them ] fuming at me cause I could not notify them for the downtime as it was not expected.

Regards
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

You might need to go through their Power SLA that they provide you with. Honestly, such issues do happen with most of the big companies and since you have been with them for almost a year now with no trouble, you can excuse them for such one time issue
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Ofcourse I can excuse them as their technical support and connectivity are good!

We have never faced any major issue so far but I just hate it when I or my clients have to go through such outages.
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Well yes, I agree and can understand that these are unfortunate incidents but good companies always learn from all of their mistakes or glitches in their systems and never allow to recur them. Hence, you should be alarmed if you continue to face such issues.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Exactly!

One more incident like that and I am out. No matter how good their technical support is. If I cant get 99.99% uptime then there is no point paying $120 for a VPS!

True.. Good luck in getting things sorted out soon

Thanks Rick. Its up now but they will take it down again @ 5 AM EDT

Anyways good luck to me and my clients

Hello,

Talk with them and ask for compensation. Also you could get second VPS to another company and if the first one is down for a long time, just to switch to another. Disadvantage of this solution is that the DNS settings will be updated at least 6 hours.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Forget about compensation. If you work it out it will be around $5! We have been with LW for 3.5 years for our Dedicated servers and their tech support is great. Power issues like this happen. The only issue I see with LW is that their costs are quite high. Load balancing is a good idea if you really need 100% uptime and are willing to pay for it.