Alertra Services

Does anyone use Alertra.com services? If you do, is it worth it? Do you pay by the month? How much do you end up spending each month for this service?

Thx

Yes, well worth it IMO.

Cheers

Gary

We have been using alertra for quite a few months now and we have found them to be excellent.

As far as costs go, the monitoring is VERY configurable and you can spend as much or as little as you like.

Another thumbs up for Alertra from here. Got them monitoring one server every 5 mins and also found them excellent.
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Yep, we use alertra. You can configure it to even check keywords on certian pages etc. Heaps of options. We post the uptime reports they send us on our site. Folks like to see things like that.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I really like Alertra's feature that allows you to set different kinds of notifications according to the time of day.

During the day I get alerts via email and pager. At night, I can shut the pager off and get a few hours sleep knowing that Alertra will automatically switch to phone notifications. To me, that alone is worth the small monthly fee.

Originally posted by SonServer
    During the day I get alerts via email and pager. At night, I can shut the pager off and get a few hours sleep knowing that Alertra will automatically switch to phone notifications. To me, that alone is worth the small monthly fee.
    Or even better set it up so you get no notifications at all when you're sleeping. You'll get more sleep this way.

I am just kidding here folks.

BTW, I've never used the phone notifications. How does it come through from the phone? Is it an automated voice or something?

We have SMS messages sent to our phones, although I think somewhere I read that you can have voice notifications if you like.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    How does it come through from the phone?
    I've only been called once, but if I remember right it was an electronically generated voice that basically gave the server ID and that it had failed.