Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crissic

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Well aware of Skylar/Crissic but as I have already argued.... Skylar has/had talent. But he's just very inactive and doesn't have time to use it to its' full potential.

Crissic failed simply due to the fact that Skylar couldn't commit the time to it... nothing more. He didn't cheat, he didn't threaten anyone...
    And that makes him/Crissic any different from all of the other hosts that go under due to "lack of time" such as when the summer comes to a close?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

If he plans to go into this business, then make sure he has enough time to commit to it. He can tell the world that the servers are made of gold and such but who would actually want to host their stuff with him when he is inactive when school term starts. I have to say my VPS was alright when he was active however, then he starts disappearing due to _who knows what_, everything starts to fail. He also said about having staffs who will 'monitor' the servers but I believe he 'staffs' he was referring before were working on a freelance basis.

Whatever it is, I hope he doesnt come back to this industry, not at least with a proper plan not just making a quick buck to get a Wii or the latest hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolas_ View Post
    If he plans to go into this business, then make sure he has enough time to commit to it. He can tell the world that the servers are made of gold and such but who would actually want to host their stuff with him when he is inactive when school term starts. I have to say my VPS was alright when he was active however, then he starts disappearing due to _who knows what_, everything starts to fail. He also said about having staffs who will 'monitor' the servers but I believe he 'staffs' he was referring before were working on a freelance basis.

Whatever it is, I hope he doesnt come back to this industry, not at least with a proper plan not just making a quick buck to get a Wii or the latest hardware.
    [sarcasm]Damn I never thought about a WII!!!![/sarcasm]

In all seriousness however, it wasn't due to school as I was homeschooled at the time. A few other issues arose and the business ended in a rather incorrect manner that I was not planning for. Currently my plans are to attend college, get a degree in a server tech area, and possibly open up a business in about 5 years or so, maybe even later down the road, or simply work as an IT at a larger company; who knows. Mistakes had been made, and sadly they had been rather large ones that affected hundreds of clients. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons from my previous venture in the industry, and plan to grow on what I learn and mature in that aspect.

Buzz Servers holds potential, but due to my expanding education and plans to begin College in the fall semester, I am unable to help answer support tickets for their clients, which Jason is fully understanding. Buzz Servers has something that I was aiming for, but they have the staff, time, and financial backing to go places that I could only have dreamed of when running Crissic, and for that I wish them the best of luck.

Harry, if you wish to speak with me then please feel free to contact me via PM and I will gladly discuss things with you.
    Last edited by Skylar MacMinn; 07-27-2009 at 12:06 AM.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-SM View Post
    [sarcasm]Damn I never thought about a WII!!!![/sarcasm]

In all seriousness however, it wasn't due to school as I was homeschooled at the time. A few other issues arose and the business ended in a rather incorrect manner that I was not planning for. Currently my plans are to attend college, get a degree in a server tech area, and possibly open up a business in about 5 years or so, maybe even later down the road, or simply work as an IT at a larger company; who knows. Mistakes had been made, and sadly they had been rather large ones that affected hundreds of clients. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons from my previous venture in the industry, and plan to grow on what I learn and mature in that aspect.

Buzz Servers holds potential, but due to my expanding education and plans to begin College in the fall semester, I am unable to help answer support tickets for their clients, which Jason is fully understanding. Buzz Servers has something that I was aiming for, but they have the staff, time, and financial backing to go places that I could only have dreamed of when running Crissic, and for that I wish them the best of luck.

Harry, if you wish to speak with me then please feel free to contact me via PM and I will gladly discuss things with you.
    LOL, Skylar, Good one, your still funny I see. In case you forgot who I am, I'm MikeSpears. Oh can you PM me your MSN, I have something that I wondered if you wanted to help me with

I hope they don't come back.
    Reseller Hosting Reviews
    ○ The UK's Number 1 Reseller Reviewed
    ○ The UK's top 5 Resellers Reviewed

NEW WEB SITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aus-ar View Post
    I hope they don't come back.
    To be honest, Skylar's a great guy, he just wasn't ready for the hosting industry, time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by [Fidelisystems] Mike View Post
    To be honest, Skylar's a great guy, he just wasn't ready for the hosting industry, time wise.
    Based on the way the "situation" was handled I'd say that he may personally be a great guy but a good businessman ... not so much.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12