I just found this FREE webhost for running a site with NO LIMITS!! (Bandwidth,etc) .. Im not sure if they have spam ads though. (They must (Especially if they are in the USA))

http://ipbfree.com

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Only for a bulletin board.
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

Yes but for being FREE it seems unreal! (Seeing how most everyone is as greedy as can be)

used ipbfree once back in 2004....and it seemed fine.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

They are providing hosting for paid software for free... hosting paid software + hosting in general = cost money. They are going to have to makeup for that money some how. I'm guessing a "fair" amount of adds, although I am unsure of how they would present them. I'd be interested in seeing an active ipbfree website.

Yes only thing i can think of....

I might set one up and see.....

EDIT:

Here is a site running on them

http://dreamartsfilms.ipbfree.com

I only see 1 ad w/o logging in.. (Quite surprised)

Thumbs up

I registered on that site......

Only 1 AD!! (They have less ads than a site that has PAID HOSTING!!)

I could easily block the 1 ad also....... (Quite interesting)

I've used IPBfree before, in fact that was when I didn't know how to install forums and all that hoopla, and its fine.

Keep in mind its only for an IPB 1.3 bulletin board. They have 1 ad, but its ok.

I could easily block the 1 ad also....... (Quite interesting)
    Won't that be against their TOS?
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

Its a great choice if you are looking to host a 'bulletin board' website.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

If you want any real control or power over your forum then you wouldn't want to use their service.

If you don't mind having minimal control over your forum and you really don't want to spend money but you want invision power board - then go for it.

Personally I'd sign up for a hosting account and use SMF if I was trying to be cheap.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    They are providing hosting for paid software for free... hosting paid software + hosting in general = cost money. They are going to have to makeup for that money some how. I'm guessing a "fair" amount of adds, although I am unsure of how they would present them. I'd be interested in seeing an active ipbfree website.
    The version of Invision Power Board they're hosting isn't paid software, IPBoard v1.3 (Back in the day it was Invision Power Board v1.3) was free and continues to be free if you can find a download of the installer files.

i think http://invisionfree.com/ is better than ipbfree.com

If something seems to good to be true, it normally is.

I would just watch out when things seem perfect with no catches, they probably are trying to rip of off in some way, unless you're paying loads for it in which case it may be real.
    Reseller Hosting Reviews
    ○ The UK's Number 1 Reseller Reviewed
    ○ The UK's top 5 Resellers Reviewed

NEW WEB SITE!

Hi "The Dude",

Wish you good luck with you new web host, but this is a free web hosting topic in a web hosting forum in which most people discuss quality (paid) web hosting services. Of course I might not make a suggestion that any threads like this are irrelevant, because they aren't. However I would target your attention to freewebhostingtalk.com, another forum of iNet Interactive wich is focused on free web hosting topics. I'm sure you'll get better reference about free hosting providers there.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

It's Free, You have the IPBFREE.COM Brand in the domain name. Not officially yours your just a sub of the domain, Might be such an amazing offer though I would prefer to have my own domain name.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    However I would target your attention to freewebhostingtalk.com, another forum of iNet Interactive wich is focused on free web hosting topics.
    I would like to agree with you in this . Actually it seems this thread is more fit in freeWHT than this.

ATH-Sean, totally you can use rewrite rules and point your domain to free forum board at IPBFREE.COM .

But using free host you'll have only IPB control panel, and won't be able to fully manage design skins. Moreover, advertising banners will always display on your forum . So, I think that such free boards are for newbies and designed to play with Invision Power board - before purchasing full version .

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor
    Wish you good luck with you new web host, but this is a free web hosting topic in a web hosting forum in which most people discuss quality (paid) web hosting services.
    Im sorry buddy,i figured it would fit OK on this base.. (I also have an account on freewht also)

Quote Originally Posted by David_pro View Post
    ATH-Sean, totally you can use rewrite rules and point your domain to free forum board at IPBFREE.COM .

But using free host you'll have only IPB control panel, and won't be able to fully manage design skins. Moreover, advertising banners will always display on your forum . So, I think that such free boards are for newbies and designed to play with Invision Power board - before purchasing full version .
    So does this means that if we use Free Host, there is no way for us to manage our design skins at all?

Well they will be making money somewhere...
    Probably just affiliate links selling hosting.
    1 in 200 people will upgrade and they make money that way...
    Could be wrong but its what most people do.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -