View Poll Results: Is Webhostingtalk Screwed?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

29 64.44%
  • YES

16 35.56%

Is Webhostingtalk Screwed

Is it?

The moderators seem thin and not quite active, although chicken seems active as ever, they just don't seem in control at all, nor really make policy that is for the betterment of the board.

It seems dead in that it is just a bunch of slamming with very little growth other than the pocketbooks of the people running the ads at the top.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Yes web hosting talk does seem to be going out of the loop. Chicken is active although everyone accept teck who recently was posting is pretty much gone.

"There are currently 83 member(s) and 25 guest(s) on the boards. Our Record is 384 on 09-14-2002 at 03:58 AM.
    Still seems poular though!

Popularity doesn't measure usefulness or quality by any means.
    dotGig

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    . . . . . .do you use the "report this post" if you see problem posts?. . . . . .
    Yes. Sometimes it's addressed. Sometimes it isn't.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I voted No because the board is starting to settle down again. There is less bashing and more constructive discussion. There are still a few clowns around...that's inevitable, and they'll trade place with others over time. But all in all, it's still a valuable resource that is far from screwed.

Gary

Off-topic posts and bickering has been removed.
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

I voted no. There's still kids running around playing host, but there's a lot of good discussion too.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: Is Webhostingtalk Screwed

Originally posted by Samuel
    The moderators seem thin and not quite active, although chicken seems active as ever, they just don't seem in control at all, nor really make policy that is for the betterment of the board.
    I do what I can personally. I can't speak for others. All reports are looked at and addressed accordingly. I'm not sure what policies aren't made, and the statement is a bit too broad for me to be able to even guess, so...

The forum is busier than ever and if this is screwed, then I hope my sites are just as screwed
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

No its not screwed. Yes it has gotten a little busy, and I don't think that HS has planned for the new growth...

We'll have to see how this new warning system goes, and then maybe we won't need another mods? There have been fewer and fewer posts in the wrong forums (ie SPAM), and fewer hosts shutting down, so as Editor said: it's settling down again

Newbie chiming in here! You may disregard this post if you are one who does not give credence to someone with under x number of posts.

I have been lurking here for about 5 months. But even with that I cannot compare how it has been during that time to how it is now. I can only speak from my experience of 2 other boards that I have been a member and moderator at. These are my theories.

1- It is hard for some to see the ebb and flow of members coming and going. It is so easy to remember the good ol days of when you were first a memeber and how things where then. You didnt even realize that you were becoming part of the community. You just did. And like everything in life things change.

2- The fall months are wierd as far as lunar cycles ( no I am Not making this up.I have looked at the stats for bannings and board problems for both of these other *places* and September -November they were the highest for the past 2 years. So you can blame it on the moon if you wish.

3-A lot of people who spend a LOT of time on line and are in the generation that grew up on line do not have certain social skills. Now I am not putting anyone down here or placing plame. But I swear i should seek federal funding to do a study on this.

Ok. Yes maybe I put waaaaaaay to much thought into this but I tend to overanalyze anyway. And I just threw my back out thanks to my 10 yr old so I have some free time now.
    www.bargainshare.com
    a deal above the rest!

Originally posted by KatRuby
    . . . . These are my theories. . . . . .
    So . . . . . . . Is WHT screwed?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    If it is, I hope we all had the courtesy to at least take it out to dinner first.

Her name was websomething... webhoost... webhasting... something. I remember it well. She talked a lot...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I wish I had more time in the day to reply,.... I will PWOMISE!
    dotGig

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Sorry I guess in my long winded reply I didnt answer.
    No I dont think it is screwed. The point that i was trying to make was that it seems to be a cyclic thing. Things will be calm, then someone screws up royal ( you know that wings guy, lillte Tim,et al) which flares things up and emotions run high and then things calm down as no on is stirring the pot. Then something else will happen , and so on. Think of it as the circle of life
    www.bargainshare.com
    a deal above the rest!