Really Confused!

Hi Guys,

I am really Confused

I don't know what to choose ..

All i want is to host one blog..(wordpress of course)
    but i am kinda having trouble choosing a good hosting provider..
    And i also a really good, Cause in the near future maybe 6 month later, there will be another blog, and more blogs..
    and now i got confused?
    between, HostGator and FatCow..
    HostGator, has great deals, loved their offers, and heard alot of good reviews about them, but, FatCow is cheaper, and great reviews, the only problem is that they don't offer cPanel..

And All i need a good web hosting, and rely on .. for my blog and the upcoming blogs ...

Help me!

Go with Hostgator, they are great

What do you mean, fatcow doesn't use cPanel?

First of all, welcome to WHT, you've come to the right place for advice

HostGator is quite the reputable provider, probably great for blogs especially when it comes to Wordpress. Fantastico addon in cPanel allows you to install Wordpress blogs within seconds. However, you'll need to know how much disk space and bandwidth you think that you'll currently need and will be needing in the future. Seeing how you'll be having additional websites or blogs in the future, you should look for a host that will give you room to expand. You should also be looking for plans that have multiple domains or add-on domains to be hosted on that one account.

Also, remember that price isn't everything. Lower prices and more resources doesn't necessarily mean good web hosting. Be weary of unlimited or unmetered providers as nothing is truly unlimited but obviously there are some great ones such as HostGator.

However, it's usually best to get what you need. Having 1000GB of disk space isn't going to be useful for you since you will unlikely need to use all of the disk space nor is the host is going to allow you to do so.

All in all, most providers will be able to support Wordpress without any issues. If they have Fantastico or Installatron offered, even better if you like to save some time with installing each blog.

Good luck in your search!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    Go with Hostgator, they are great

What do you mean, fatcow doesn't use cPanel?
    Thanks Jacob,
    yup, Fatcow uses their own control panel..

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    First of all, welcome to WHT, you've come to the right place for advice

HostGator is quite the reputable provider, probably great for blogs especially when it comes to Wordpress. Fantastico addon in cPanel allows you to install Wordpress blogs within seconds. However, you'll need to know how much disk space and bandwidth you think that you'll currently need and will be needing in the future. Seeing how you'll be having additional websites or blogs in the future, you should look for a host that will give you room to expand. You should also be looking for plans that have multiple domains or add-on domains to be hosted on that one account.

Also, remember that price isn't everything. Lower prices and more resources doesn't necessarily mean good web hosting. Be weary of unlimited or unmetered providers as nothing is truly unlimited but obviously there are some great ones such as HostGator.

However, it's usually best to get what you need. Having 1000GB of disk space isn't going to be useful for you since you will unlikely need to use all of the disk space nor is the host is going to allow you to do so.

All in all, most providers will be able to support Wordpress without any issues. If they have Fantastico or Installatron offered, even better if you like to save some time with installing each blog.

Good luck in your search!
    Well, Thanks, Jonathan
    it's true, i don't alot of space ..
    to be honest, all well known hosting providers give unlimited..
    Thanks for the Advice ..

Half of FatCow's links have been broken for days. I'd suggest staying away at this point. If they can't fix their site, it's questionable how the customers are doing.

Go with Hostgator.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Give some of the smaller guys a chance. You might find more value for your money in seeking out a smaller provider, as your requirements wouldn't be too high.
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
    Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
    DME Hosting, LLC [http://www.dmehosting.com]

From my understanding those are all one company anyways ...
    Jack
    Cool Handle - Reliable web hosting
    Virtual Private Servers [VPS] - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    Half of FatCow's links have been broken for days. I'd suggest staying away at this point. If they can't fix their site, it's questionable how the customers are doing.

Go with Hostgator.
    Examples of broken links?
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Examples of broken links?
    http://www.fatcow.net

Click Products & Services

Now click "Web Hosting" = 403

Now back and click Testimonials = 403

Back and click: "Whos that cow" = 403
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

What sort of budget do you have? Any other specific requirements? Perhaps we could recommend a few other hosts to you to give you a few more options
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

I would have to say HostGator, if you are going to host more than 2 blogs and have more than 500GB monthly bandwidth traffic then go with a dedicated server.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCobra View Post
    I would have to say HostGator, if you are going to host more than 2 blogs and have more than 500GB monthly bandwidth traffic then go with a dedicated server.
    I would suggest a VPS before instead a whole dedicated server for a few blogs.
    Would be a waste of a few things, including $$$.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Hi Guys,

I am really Confused

And i also a really good, Cause in the near future maybe 6 month later, there will be another blog, and more blogs..
    and now i got confused?
    HostGator, has great deals, loved their offers, and heard alot of good reviews about them, but, FatCow is cheaper, and great reviews, the only problem is that they don't offer cPanel..

And All i need a good web hosting, and rely on .. for my blog and the upcoming blogs ...

Help me!
    Depends on what your requirements are and also depends on how big the blog would be at present. If it is new and has very minimal to no traffic then taking advantage of a Dedicated Server or even a VPS would be overkill on all angles.

Your best bet would be to get a single Shared Hosting account, Whether it be with Fatcow or Hostgator. Though my question will stand at 'do you really need Unlimited Space and Bandwidth?' to me it sounds like you won't need it at all as it is just another marketing gimmick.

I would look at your requirements, Judge what you really need to proceed to search for webhosts that will fit your budget and what you really need rather then ones that have everything under the sun for a very low price.

I am sure you will make the rightful choice, Though Oversellers are not always the best to run with Blogs. (Personal Experience).

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    VPS and dedicated servers, are to much considering the traffic i need . .

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Depends on what your requirements are and also depends on how big the blog would be at present. If it is new and has very minimal to no traffic then taking advantage of a Dedicated Server or even a VPS would be overkill on all angles.

Your best bet would be to get a single Shared Hosting account, Whether it be with Fatcow or Hostgator. Though my question will stand at 'do you really need Unlimited Space and Bandwidth?' to me it sounds like you won't need it at all as it is just another marketing gimmick.

I would look at your requirements, Judge what you really need to proceed to search for webhosts that will fit your budget and what you really need rather then ones that have everything under the sun for a very low price.

I am sure you will make the rightful choice, Though Oversellers are not always the best to run with Blogs. (Personal Experience).

Sean
    Thanks Sean,
    Do you recommend any good hosting providers don't oversell? .
    And your right, my requirments is not alot at the moment..
    it's a new blog, so, as u said i don't need all that space ..
    And my budget is about 100$ a year, i can raise it to 150$ ...
    Thanks Again,

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Sean
    Definitely this is a relevant point.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkass
    Thanks Sean,
    Do you recommend any good hosting providers don't oversell? .
    And your right, my requirments is not alot at the moment..
    it's a new blog, so, as u said i don't need all that space ..
    And my budget is about 100$ a year, i can raise it to 150$ ...
    Thanks Again,
    If you have normal requirements right now you can go with the shared option as Sean said. Just make sure about the upgrade options when you grow. You can have a self research here to find providers which fit your need and budget. WHT reviews are great resources to find a perfect host. Best of luck.

What I could say is don't go with ether one they both offer Unlimited Plans and also I head HG hasn't been doing to well in the past 2 months something about nodes going down and all, I never been with HG or FatCow but I worked on a Web Site that was hosted off HG and it went down acouple of times. I don't know why but.... I'd go with shared hosting on a small web hosting site, Check out the offers on WHT then when your going to open another site i'd say move up to a Reseller or a VPS if you need more specs.

Yes, but from my experiences with vps services were always not too well. There is always somebody taking much of the cpu and lagging. But, Akkass, you can try yourself I had rapidvps, and didn't like them. Im trying now with vpsland and they are ok so far.

Yes, but from my experiences with vps services were always not too well. There is always somebody taking much of the cpu and lagging. But, Akkass, you can try yourself I had rapidvps, and didn't like them. Im trying now with vpsland and they are ok so far.
    That very much depends on the VPS service you select. I have many, many VPSs through different providers. They all simply rock. I have benchmarks posted if you search.

My main idea in reply here was, I don't think OP is up for paying 100+ bucks for even a low-end server for a few WP blogs. The jump from shared hosting to dedi is quite a large chasm. Sure a dedi is great, but I think a little over kill for a few WP installs.

Just MHO.

The jump from shared hosting to dedi is quite a large chasm.
    Your right one that. It's smart to go through small upgrade processes.

I don't think OP is up for paying 100+ bucks for even a low-end server for a few WP blogs.
    Probably not. And it's not neccessary to spend $100+ for a low-end server. You can find low end servers all over the offers forum for $50.

I would start off with a shared hosting account and as your sites grow and you have higher requirements, you can then simply pull your backups and move up to a VPS or Dedicated without much work.

It's not easy to tell how much resources you are going to need until your sites go live and you start generating traffic.
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
    Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
    DME Hosting, LLC [http://www.dmehosting.com]

Hostgator is very good, hosting company!

Quote Originally Posted by nexbyte View Post
    Probably not. And it's not neccessary to spend $100+ for a low-end server. You can find low end servers all over the offers forum for $50.

I would start off with a shared hosting account and as your sites grow and you have higher requirements, you can then simply pull your backups and move up to a VPS or Dedicated without much work.

It's not easy to tell how much resources you are going to need until your sites go live and you start generating traffic.
    Yes, that is correct...there are a few good providers around offering them cheap. I was going to include that, but most folks that are a little new have a hard time knowing which cheap dedis are actually quality, so, just quoting the average.

I would also recommend shared hosting. HostGator is very good, just watch out for the inode limit...a little generous, if I remember (I do currently use them for a partial solution in my complete service offering) they stop automatically backing up your site at 50,000 inodes, but a shared account is actually allowed 250,000 inodes (just w/ no backup, but, I always suggest relying on your own backups anyway). Pretty large and will allow quite a few WP installs...less if you are using an inode hog like Joomla.

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    http://www.fatcow.net

Click Products & Services

Now click "Web Hosting" = 403

Now back and click Testimonials = 403

Back and click: "Whos that cow" = 403
    Blimey, it's very broken isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Akkass View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am really Confused

and now i got confused?

Help me!
    I hope you won't fall into the "unlimited" trap. Companies that offer this will fine you or suspend you if you use too much resources, and make sure you always read the TOS. There are a lot of good affordable hosting companies out there, you just need to look around, but from the two you're looking at I'd go with HostGator.

Thanks, Guys, U done great to me..
    and sorry for replying so late, i've a lil busy ..
    anyways, i would to inform that i went to host gator ..
    and it's doing great till now,
    many thanks to u guys

Quote Originally Posted by Akkass View Post
    Thanks, Guys, U done great to me..
    and sorry for replying so late, i've a lil busy ..
    anyways, i would to inform that i went to host gator ..
    and it's doing great till now,
    many thanks to u guys
    You are welcome. Thanks for the update. Have a nice go with your new host.

Hope you find your suitable host..