Colo for only a server

Hiya webhostingtalk members, I'm new to colo and thus have some queries which hopefully members here could give me answer to it. Is there any colo services on certain datacenter that allows me to send only a server and host it on there? (If there is, anyone know if any datacenter in SG [Singapore] allows that?) I'll be only hosting a website on it, and this way will probably save me more money than buying a dedicated server.

Looking forward to all your reply.

Regards,
    Jack

If it's just one site that doesn't require something like a dual quad-core, etc you would probably be better off just leasing a dedicated.

If you're looking to have this server for a long time, colocation would be more beneficial - otherwise look into dedicated servers.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Yeap, I'm going to have this for a long time. Any intro?

Most companies will offer you a space for just one server. I'm not sure of any near you but many will allow you to ship them the server and they will install it in the rack. Also be aware that if there are any hardware problems you'll have to deal with them!
    Larry Bly
    Sandbox IT Solutions, LLC.
    www.SandboxITSolutions.com
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Consulting Services

Thanks for your reply, what I plan of is maybe I could hook up some host that's interested in buying a rack, then we could split the money out as I only need a space. This will probably save me more money?

xJack, there are many datacenters accepting 1U or 2U servers but i can tell you, it will not save a lot of money that much you expecting.

Many datacenters giving away servers for 110-150$/month and their colo costs 70-80$ + bandwidth. it will cost you more then leasing a server.

70-80$ for color and normally comes 3-5Mbit bandwidth with 70-80$ but if you want more bandwidth, you will pay extra $ for each mbit/bandwidth.

I recommend you to lease a server or find a local DC to colo your server.
    Colo for 1 server out of your country is not recommended. research more...
    www.oooServer.com
    Russia - Moscow Based Datacenter : Dedicated Servers / Co-location

I would be looking at lease-to-own servers, if you're located far away from datacenters - this is best long term solution. You'd be owning the server after the contract period and then only be paying for rackspace, power and bandwidth.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom