Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hostv VPS review - Bad Experience [resolved]

I already ask the tech guy, why my sites always down, but the keep telling me that everything ok. You check my online staff email:

"Hi Lxxxxx,

The sites are down most of the times, due to which the articles keeps rejected. Please look into this, since it is a serious issue and will hamper your profits too. Better move them all to a better hosting provider as I suggested before."

My new team already working on it for 2 weeks, and the keep telling me that the sites always down on hostv. What should I do? Change hosting, or beg for hostv support help or just sux my on ass?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Desirez28,

Please reply here or private message me with your ticket ID and account info so I can investigate for you. We have not had any downtime in the past month+ on a single VPS NODE or Network downtime, all uptime is 100 days+ for nodes so this must be an isolated issue.

I'll be more than happy to investigate it for you provided the ticket ID number.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have a firewall on it?

You can test the site through www.megaproxy.com
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS
      0 Not allowed!

I already email them and reply me as below:

" Hi Louiss,

Unfortunately the problem was due to the server load. The load balancing system on the hardware node rebooted your machine when the load on your server was very high. I have made some tweaking on your server to control this. But I would suggest you to go through our hybrid vpses plans and is possible please try to upgrade.

http://www.hostv.com/hybrid.shtml
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Regards,
    CirtexHosting"

They asking me to buy more even what I buy already more than enough... Do I need a host that need me to buy and buy again?
      0 Not allowed!

nope. you don't need that kind of host. hurry up and pack your up your files and leave.
    also, the hybrid plans costs too much. you can get a dedicated xeon server from Hivelocity at $149
      0 Not allowed!

What are you paying at the moment or what specs? Look into moving to a higher spec plan with another host.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-26-2009 at 03:38 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Red face

Hi,

Your vps was requiring extremely high resources due to high http traffic and having a significant number of open connections simultaneously running, thus it was restarted by our system during those traffic peaks. Our admins have already tweaked your VPS many times but it is still receiving high traffic and causing issues. We have again did few minor tweaks to see how much it can help, but in the end it might be time to move to a hybrid vps or a dedicated server.

However a lower end dedicated server most likely won't run your site properly even if it is only hosting your site alone as the processor speed and drive speed will not match that of the vps hardware you're on and most likely will be Unmanaged.

I have told our admins to monitor your VPS more closely, and please feel free to private message me if anymore concerns or if you need further assistance. I have private messaged you my info in case needed.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by desirez28 View Post
    I already email them and reply me as below:

" Hi Louiss,

Unfortunately the problem was due to the server load. The load balancing system on the hardware node rebooted your machine when the load on your server was very high. I have made some tweaking on your server to control this. But I would suggest you to go through our hybrid vpses plans and is possible please try to upgrade.

http://www.hostv.com/hybrid.shtml
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Regards,
    CirtexHosting"

They asking me to buy more even what I buy already more than enough... Do I need a host that need me to buy and buy again?
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
      0 Not allowed!

The sites down again, I need to restart my vps again. Can you please specific what is the issues?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekin View Post
    What are you paying at the moment or what specs? Look into moving to a higher spec plan with another host.
    I using VZ3. Please advise me what is the problem, I need an specific answer. thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Cirtex has said your issues are due to very high resource usage, maybe look into moving to another provider as for the price you are paying you should be able to achieve more.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

As our admin noted, your VPS is severely going over the alloted resources and the RESOURCE management/monitoring system is stopping the VPS and restarting it as your server is getting many open connections and to prevent it from causing damages/issues to other vps customers on the system, and the VPS NODE you're on is already undersold.

I'll have our admin to look more, but please private message me again with more details and I'll be more than happy to assist you and we also have our COMPANY Forums you can use to reach staff members much easier, than posting on WHT.

Cheers

The sites down again, I need to restart my vps again. Can you please specific what is the issues?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Please submit or update an existing ticket in our helpdesk, we'll make sure to find a solution for you until this is resolved as we won't stop until everything is taken care of.

Feel free to private message me questions/ticket ids again, and I've already given you my personal contact info. Please update helpdesk and/or our forums with ticket ids as that's quickest way to get things resolved.

Cheers

I using VZ3. Please advise me what is the problem, I need an specific answer. thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

Please submit or update an existing ticket in our helpdesk, we'll make sure to find a solution for you until this is resolved as we won't stop until everything is taken care of.

Feel free to private message me questions/ticket ids again, and I've already given you my personal contact info. Please update helpdesk and/or our forums with ticket ids as that's quickest way to get things resolved.

Cheers
    Hi cirtex, I already email them. Right now I need all my sites are up, always. Then what you guys should have to do is let me know what which websites causing that problem, I 100% sure only 1 sites that causing this kind of problem. I will figure of moving that particular sites out or stop it. Just please solve my problem asap, it just horrible when my hosting effect my earning.

Right now hostv hostng = loss money
    Please fix it to be hostv hosting = making money visible all the time.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

I understand your concerns but as I stated, from what I understand from our admins, the issue is due to your vps being stopped by our monitoring system due to issues it is causing over the system resources due to excessive http connections causing load spikes.

I have your ticket id now and we'll investigate more tomorrow and monitor it carefully until we find a solution for you.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Bro. as you are earning money from your site, i suggest put more money and get more powerful server (dedi or vps), obviously you already outgrown your current VPS! To me outgrowing current plan, to me that means good news as site is doing well

cheers.
      0 Not allowed!

I m now with VPS hosting on Hostv and the most highest spec. They asking me to upgrade it because of a site spike the server. this dont make sense at all. So I need to know which site is that make the spike, so I can check if this getting hack by anyone or its real traffic. As long as I know, I never have a site traffics getting more than 300 visits per day. Do you think this will make the server spike? NO . Please give me a solution, I need solution.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Your blog/coupon site is not the one causing issues and I believe you as it has small traffic, however there are many other sites hosted on the VPS by you or your friends/colleagues, just taking quick look at your /apache/domlogs, you have 2-3 sites with huge log files and one of which is obviously the cause of the issue. We'll send you more details so you can troubleshoot as it could be an "ADDON DOMAIN" of one of your accounts so you may have overlooked it.

Just one look at the process list currently, it is 99% ALL APACHE Processes filled up and is not stopping or slowing down on a SUNDAY Morning. I will be sending you more details.

One of your website in this month is reaching 2000gb bandwidth alone in WHM, so we're definitely above the 300 uniques you just mentioned above as that's another account on your VPS. Not to mention the site with 2000gb bandwidth is running on PHP/mYSQL from the looks of it, causing more loads during peak hours. However it is stable right now under 1.0 load, but that might be different during peak hours. We'll try our best to optimize php/apache for you some more along with mysql, but there is only so much that can be done.

We understand you're losing business if the VPS is going down, but understand we've done everything to let it push it's limits. We can install lighttpd configure it for you but that'd require much customization and still we'd recommend upgrading to a higher end hybrid vps server or dedicated server soon. I'm posting more info to your ticket.

Cheers

I m now with VPS hosting on Hostv and the most highest spec. They asking me to upgrade it because of a site spike the server. this dont make sense at all. So I need to know which site is that make the spike, so I can check if this getting hack by anyone or its real traffic. As long as I know, I never have a site traffics getting more than 300 visits per day. Do you think this will make the server spike? NO . Please give me a solution, I need solution.
    Last edited by Cirtex; 07-26-2009 at 10:54 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear about your experiences. John and company over there are all great guys, I'm sure they'll sort it out.
    AS395558
      0 Not allowed!

I'm having excellent service with HostV. I have been with them now exactly 1 week and my VPS has never been down. I'm very happy with HostV right now!

Hopefully you can figure out what is causing this. If it is a virus or something that is causing the server load, this may be your fault if you have poor coding in your sites maybe you have loops holes that are letting someone in. If this is the case, it sounds like HostV is being very generous in helping you trying to figure this out.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately the client has multiple accounts on the VPS far above 300 unique visitors that was mentioned earlier, and in which one account hosted in the VPS used almost 2000gb bandwidth for this month so far and is the main cause of the problem as it is a php/mysql high traffic site.

We're doing our best to help the client mitigate more downtime but during peak traffic times the site is definitely needing more resources than what his VPS is assigned and thus causing the vps being restarted.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Eve1Servers View Post
    I'm having excellent service with HostV. I have been with them now exactly 1 week and my VPS has never been down. I'm very happy with HostV right now!

Hopefully you can figure out what is causing this. If it is a virus or something that is causing the server load, this may be your fault if you have poor coding in your sites maybe you have loops holes that are letting someone in. If this is the case, it sounds like HostV is being very generous in helping you trying to figure this out.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh my god, at last the still asking me to upgrade the package. I at hostican they ask me to upgrade to 1GB ram, now i at hostv, I upgrade to 1GB ram, but they ask me to upgrade to 2GB ram. Omg, all still the same, but why i need to upgrade and upgrade again?

Can you please fix the problem? Why you guys still keep telling that the main domain got problem, apache error, or whatever... I'm just a user, and you guys give me full support. I ask for helping me to dig out what is the exactly problem on, but still pointing on my main domain.

I need to solve problem, and upgrading the package is not solve the problem. You will ask me to upgrade to 4GB ram, dedicated server or whatever the gimme is, you will. if you wanna do a good business, please provide me your best service and not your lame excuse.

If you are there, please fix it, not upgrade it. I dont have one of my domain have more than 1000 traffics per day, so you please find it out.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I already provided you with my email/contact info but I guess you'd prefer posting on WHT even though the problem is your website is consuming too much resources for the VPS package you're on to handle.

You need to upgrade as the websites you host on the VPS are running high intense CPU sites not only in terms of bandwidth but also utilizing in php/mysql to deliver these downloads. As I mentioned earlier for the month of july ONE of the sites you host ALONE used around 2000gb bandwidth and that's not accounting for other bandwidth usages and websites.

You previously mentioned you had only 300 unique visitors a day, now you say 1000, but the end matter is the site is getting huge traffic, and much more than you described, or else the domlogs wouldn't be over 1GB each and the vps is constantly flooded with apache/httpd processes.

We've been doing our best to help but there is only so much that can be done as your traffic is only growing this summer on the VPS.

Feel free to private message me/email me more questions and just know we're here to help.

Cheers

Oh my god, at last the still asking me to upgrade the package. I at hostican they ask me to upgrade to 1GB ram, now i at hostv, I upgrade to 1GB ram, but they ask me to upgrade to 2GB ram. Omg, all still the same, but why i need to upgrade and upgrade again?

Can you please fix the problem? Why you guys still keep telling that the main domain got problem, apache error, or whatever... I'm just a user, and you guys give me full support. I ask for helping me to dig out what is the exactly problem on, but still pointing on my main domain.

I need to solve problem, and upgrading the package is not solve the problem. You will ask me to upgrade to 4GB ram, dedicated server or whatever the gimme is, you will. if you wanna do a good business, please provide me your best service and not your lame excuse.

If you are there, please fix it, not upgrade it. I dont have one of my domain have more than 1000 traffics per day, so you please find it out.
      0 Not allowed!

Just one look at the process list currently, it is 99% ALL APACHE Processes filled up and is not stopping or slowing down on a SUNDAY Morning. I will be sending you more details.

One of your website in this month is reaching 2000gb bandwidth alone in WHM, so we're definitely above the 300 uniques you just mentioned above as that's another account on your VPS. Not to mention the site with 2000gb bandwidth is running on PHP/mYSQL from the looks of it, causing more loads during peak hours. However it is stable right now under 1.0 load, but that might be different during peak hours. We'll try our best to optimize php/apache for you some more along with mysql, but there is only so much that can be done.

We understand you're losing business if the VPS is going down, but understand we've done everything to let it push it's limits. We can install lighttpd configure it for you but that'd require much customization and still we'd recommend upgrading to a higher end hybrid vps server or dedicated server soon. I'm posting more info to your ticket.

Please email which sites are them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

I already provided you with my email/contact info but I guess you'd prefer posting on WHT even though the problem is your website is consuming too much resources for the VPS package you're on to handle.

You need to upgrade as the websites you host on the VPS are running high intense CPU sites not only in terms of bandwidth but also utilizing in php/mysql to deliver these downloads. As I mentioned earlier for the month of july ONE of the sites you host ALONE used around 2000gb bandwidth and that's not accounting for other bandwidth usages and websites.

You previously mentioned you had only 300 unique visitors a day, now you say 1000, but the end matter is the site is getting huge traffic, and much more than you described, or else the domlogs wouldn't be over 1GB each and the vps is constantly flooded with apache/httpd processes.

We've been doing our best to help but there is only so much that can be done as your traffic is only growing this summer on the VPS.

Feel free to private message me/email me more questions and just know we're here to help.

Cheers
    Please email me that sites, i will getting the deal with my friends if i find out. I really need to know.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Support should be able to provide you with the details, feel free to email me ticket id once you contact them.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast