Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,955

    Please review updated portal

    Hi,

    It was about time we updated the archaic Website we had. Any comments / suggestions are appreciated. The portal in question is: http:/www.unixy.net

    Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    43
    --you've got quite a few different fonts there, not all of them as legible as the others. The font on the rotating banner, "easily install forums..." is difficult to read.
    --The orange tab bar feels like it's unfinished with the white borders... maybe pick up the blue from immediately below as the underline and verticals?
    --Yearly Special looks like a cross between text and a coupon code (no space)
    --email "sales"-picture-"unixy.net looks really bad. Why not just use the @ in the text?
    --Plan order is not by price, you might want to reorder.
    --The image of a car in the "Ultra Fast Servers" box has speed lines indicating that it's going.... backwards. Are you sure that's the image you want to convey? ;-)
    Dan Hildebrandt, Developer / Support, WebGroup Media LLC. - http://twitter.com/cerb5
    Cerberus Helpdesk 5.x is a CRM toolkit. Remember anything about anybody, swiftly reply to a flood of e-mail,
    capture feedback organically, track time, flag opportunities, share tasks, and more. http://www.cerberusweb.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --you've got quite a few different fonts there, not all of them as legible as the others. The font on the rotating banner, "easily install forums..." is difficult to read.
    Agreed that needs a cleanup. Noted!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --The orange tab bar feels like it's unfinished with the white borders... maybe pick up the blue from immediately below as the underline and verticals?
    I'm still thinking whether this will improve things or make it seem to charged...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --Yearly Special looks like a cross between text and a coupon code (no space)
    Corrected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --email "sales"-picture-"unixy.net looks really bad. Why not just use the @ in the text?
    A "text" @ can be picked up by spammers quite easily with crawlers. I'll get it cleaned up. It just needs a transparent background.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --Plan order is not by price, you might want to reorder.
    One the front page, correct? It's there on purpose. We're a dedicated company first. Do you think it's confusing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
    --The image of a car in the "Ultra Fast Servers" box has speed lines indicating that it's going.... backwards. Are you sure that's the image you want to convey? ;-)
    Good point. It does look that way. Noted!

    Thanks!
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    43
    On the plan order thing, it just caught my eye because I was expecting a sequence of prices. Only momentarily confusing. (I did just notice, though, that the font on "plans starting at" is different on the Geo Failover option, and the font on the prices is different on all three. For the record, I prefer the VPS font for the prices.)
    Dan Hildebrandt, Developer / Support, WebGroup Media LLC. - http://twitter.com/cerb5
    Cerberus Helpdesk 5.x is a CRM toolkit. Remember anything about anybody, swiftly reply to a flood of e-mail,
    capture feedback organically, track time, flag opportunities, share tasks, and more. http://www.cerberusweb.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Updated Website Review
    By blueskyboris in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
  2. my dinix.com review (will be updated as it goes along)
    By vandal in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 05:20 AM
  3. site updated please review
    By imosale in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 02:07 AM
  4. Updated Site - Please Review
    By KIA-Joe in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •