Godaddy reseller program

Hello All,
    I have been in website development from last 2 years or so. From last 3 months I have been thinking it seriously and thinking if it is worth making this website business as full time.
    I do have a very small client base (about 10 clients or so) as of today and I do have about 20 domains and websites with me as of now.

Q1> I am thinking of buying godaddy reseller program. Their basic plan is $99 a year. Any comments/suggestions whether I should buy this plan or not.

Q2> Is there a difference if I sign up by going to godaddy.co or by going to wildwildwest.com

Thanks
    Champ

Hi there, are you talking about domain reselling? or Webhosting, i think you mean domains correct?
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

I have been using godaddy and happy with it. Its different than the typical reseller plans you find, but that is because there are over 50 products you can sell rather than being limited to just reselling web hosting; and godaddy handles the billing, support and direct marketing on your behalf. I will provide higher level support for some of my customers. With other customers they never see the GD interface and I will handle everything. The system and product mix allows me to create added value along with my other IT services for additional billing

My biggest negative is the that its difficult to integrate into a custom site. I've tried everything and have finally settled on a system based on Joomla -- to be released soon. Its driving me crazy, but I am not a web developer. If you get there I would appreciate some tips!

Tip: Some resellers resell the reseller account and its cheaper than buying from godaddy. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee also

Let me know if you have any other questions
    Last edited by Collabora; 07-24-2009 at 01:08 AM.

I recommend to also sign up monthly instead of yearly so that if anythings happen, you can easily move without loosing any amount of money.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I think all GD reseller plans are priced yearly.

Although, GD provides a wide range of services to resell, I feel their webhosting product is not the most reliable one (while their mail services are great, I use them for years).
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post
    I think all GD reseller plans are priced yearly.

Although, GD provides a wide range of services to resell, I feel their webhosting product is not the most reliable one (while their mail services are great, I use them for years).
    Yes it is priced annually

Their web hosting products are very reliable. I have not seen a down site yet. And I used to monitor gd at Netcraft and they were always in the top tier of providers with the lowest downtime percentages. Perhaps your case was one of the rare ones

Ya unless your satisfied with the word on the web about a provider, then a monthly signup to "testDrive" things doesnt hurt, then if satisfiedmaybe go for that yearly plan to save some bucks
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Hello,
    What I first started to get into the reseller market, I first visited GoDaddy.com. I thought long and hard about their reseller program. Like a good little boy I did my research. I ended up not going with GoDaddy and choose a standard WHM/cPanel Reseller account and grew from there.

Pros on GoDaddy.com
    • Hands Off Hosting - You really dont even need to support your customers.
    • Large Amounts of Products
    • Discounts on Domains
    • Telephone Support
    • Semi-White Labaeled
    Cons About GoDaddy
    • Hands Off Hosting - You really dont even need to support your customers.
    • Non-Standard Control Panel
    • SQL, E-Mail, WebServices, etc are hosted in clusters, This can be confusing to people that have used Plesk or cPanel in the past
    • I have heard lots of stories of overloaded servers
    Ultimately you should do your own research to ensure that this suits your business needs and business plan.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

I have heard lots of stories of overloaded servers
    My monitoring on their shared hosting (one account only) shows a varying degree of server load, sometimes low, but sometimes quite high (even 100), with application performance severely affected, to the point of non-responsiveness.

I suppose that resellers' end users are not treated any different.

you made a right choice.. GD reseller are all good..

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    I have heard lots of stories of overloaded servers
    I've experienced GoDaddy's overcrowded servers personally and it was no fun... Every other refresh and I'd get a PHP error or a MySQL error or something. I called, they told me I needed their dedicated hosting plan, which I knew was ridiculous... I switched hosts, and all was well.
    Site5 Rebate Claim Form | Save Big on Reliable Shared and Reseller Web Hosting
    Hover Coupon | Affordable Domain Names and Personalized, Surname Email for Less

If you are considering godaddy, I'd advise that you search WHT for reviews on their service first - I have seen a number of negative reviews posted about them recently
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

13. My review is Godaddy only good for domain not for hosting.

I have personally seen a client's site hosted there and it would take a minimum 30 seconds to load even at late night times. Godaddy sells unlimited hosting plans, and with that you always have people who take it to an extreme and crowd the server. I would say if you are looking to sell domains it's a decent option, but if you are looking to sell hosting I would look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudoo View Post
    I have personally seen a client's site hosted there and it would take a minimum 30 seconds to load even at late night times. Godaddy sells unlimited hosting plans, and with that you always have people who take it to an extreme and crowd the server. I would say if you are looking to sell domains it's a decent option, but if you are looking to sell hosting I would look elsewhere.
    Could not of said it any better. The best thing to do would be to pick yourself up a cPanel Reseller Account from a provider around here, it is much better then GoDaddy.com.

Godaddy sells unlimited hosting plans, and with that you always have people who take it to an extreme and crowd the server.
    Them selling unlimited hosting has nothing to do with how the servers perform. Any customer that is no longer a good fit for shared hosting should be, gently or not so gently, suggested to upgrade or find another provider. Anything else is just poor management.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Them selling unlimited hosting has nothing to do with how the servers perform. Any customer that is no longer a good fit for shared hosting should be, gently or not so gently, suggested to upgrade or find another provider. Anything else is just poor management.
    If managed properly, that is the key. Obviously GoDaddy had/has some major issues with server management, and if you can not manage unlimited properly, you should not offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBradley View Post
    If managed properly, that is the key. Obviously GoDaddy had/has some major issues with server management, and if you can not manage unlimited properly, you should not offer it.

They do "manage" to overload their boxes...
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Cheapville.Com offers it for $60/annually but it "blows" compared to making your own site with your own plans.

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    They do "manage" to overload their boxes...
    I am sure the vast majority of members here will agree!

I'd rather not have a website than put up with Nodaddy's BS.
    If you like Godaddy, I assure you that your opinion is only temporary.
    You've been warned!
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||