Post Audio driver issues on Dell Latitude E5500

I am doing some work for a company that just purchased 5 Dell Latitude E5500 laptops. These laptops come pre loaded with Windows Vista just like most if not all laptops do now. At this organization they only use Windows XP and have a corporate license that gets used on all of their computers. Dell provides XP drivers for this particular model laptop and all drivers have been downloaded and installed. The problem comes with the audio drivers as they show up in Device Manager with the yellow ? stating there is an issue with the device. All other drivers function fine. When I view the properties of the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" it shows the location of 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus). The drivers that are listed on Dell's website are: DRVR_WIN_R213367 and IDT_92HDxxx-HD-Audio_A06_R213367. I have installed the drivers in the following order(Recommended by Dell): Chipset, Video Adapter, NIC, Audio, Wireless Nic and then Touchpad. I have restarted the computer between installation of each just to try proving myself wrong.

I have contacted Dell about this and since I am loading our own copy of XP they cannot help me.

Any ideas?
    Daniel
    WLScripting.com - php scripts and tutorials

After more searching I have found that the audio drivers I was missing were actually located in the video driver installation for the Intel High Definition Audio HDMI (Even though there is no HDMI on this laptop??). The interesting thing is that the video driver installation was the 2nd driver to be installed.
    Daniel

Incredible info. If I may ask, how did you finally find this? One would NEVER have thought to look there.

I stumbled upon this on some random forum that I cannot remember the URL to but it was for a different model laptop. I then re-ran the video driver install and it showed the audio portion there. However, I have found that instead of re-installing the video drivers again you can just browse to the folder when the new hardware wizard comes up and it will find it there.
    Daniel

Audio driver issues on Dell Latitude E5500

Thanks, I had been "breaking my brain" looking around the Internet. It kind of makes sense in retrospect, but I never likely would have found it on my own. I was ready to disable the silly thing and deploy the machine. We can chalk this one up to the famous "one driver fits all" theory. I could not find the HDMI port on my machine either..