Looking for good E-mail hosting (MX) service (mostly incoming, light traffic)

I already have a dedicated web server, at GoDaddy.

I have no interest in trying to run my own SMTP service, with the spam blocking and other nightmares. But I don't like GoDaddy's email packages: the POP3 server goes down occasionally, and a couple of mailing lists I subscribe to complain about excessive bounces from GoDaddy's incoming SMTP.

I'd have <100 mailboxes, <5Gb total space used (although more would be good), and only light outgoing SMTP traffic. I do the majority of my outgoing mailings to my website's endusers using GoDaddy's mailer (and in fact, even with a ded host, I am required to use theirs for outgoing). So outgoing mail would just be personal stuff from a few users.

So I don't need something huge, but just reliable.

Any clues?

i think Lunarpage has good email hosting. Look for reviews.

Hello!
    How many emails are you going to send daily?

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Hello!
    How many emails are you going to send daily?
    Not a lot.... personal use, me, my wife, maybe one or two other people.

I'm mostly looking for a reliable *incoming* mail service.... someone that will allow me to set up about 100 incoming addresses, will handle (some) spam filtering, and (to repeat) be reliable.

GoDaddy seems to have hiccups more often than I would like.

So maybe that worth to explain to any prospective web hosting provider. I suppose if you are honest with the provider they will allow you have the account and use in the way you describe.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    So maybe that worth to explain to any prospective web hosting provider. I suppose if you are honest with the provider they will allow you have the account and use in the way you describe.
    Good luck
    I'm not doing anything anyone else doesn't do.

Maybe you're not understanding me... I'm looking for recommendations. It's not like I'm getting booted from some host for excessive traffic.

Maybe a bit OTT but have you thought about getting a few hosted exchange boxes. Its what we are doing currently for email - both at home and at work... Got lots of useful features.
    Rob - Creative Director
    Peartree Digital Media Solutions & Peartree Hosting Department.
    Providing a range of services from graphic design and XHTML coding to web hosting, VPS and dedicated servers.
    My views and opinions are my own and in no way do they represent the company I work for...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Maybe a bit OTT but have you thought about getting a few hosted exchange boxes. Its what we are doing currently for email - both at home and at work... Got lots of useful features.
    That's like serious overkill.

I'm just looking for a company that provides decent reliable hosting of SMTP.

Checkout Rackspace Hosted Email (the standard one not exchange) - its like $1 a box.
    Rob - Creative Director
    Peartree Digital Media Solutions & Peartree Hosting Department.
    Providing a range of services from graphic design and XHTML coding to web hosting, VPS and dedicated servers.
    My views and opinions are my own and in no way do they represent the company I work for...

Gonna ask the obvious here Have you looked at using Google Apps?