www.paystamp.com

Has anyone ever used www.paystamp.com? if so what do you think?

I say if one has to dig as deeply into a site to find out precisely what it's about and how it works as I had to dig into that one, it's probably something from which one should stay away. Just a thought.
    Gregg L. DesElms

hmm found no catches or is there...

I completely agree with des. I took and look and there is just not much there. I just dont see enough details. What happens on charge backs?

As a micro-payments gateway company we initially place an upper limit of £20.00 on any single transaction. If you require a higher limit on a regular basis, or if you want to make one single transaction of higher value, please contact us and we will do all we can to assist you.

Transactions up to £5.00 incur a charge of £0.70
    Transactions up to £10.00 incur a charge of £1.00
    Transactions up to £20.00 incur a charge of £1.50
    Transactions in excess of £20.00 by prior agreement.

10 percent isent too great.

Transactions up to £5.00 incur a charge of £0.70 looks to good to be true.. ill ask them about charge backs.

Thats 14% 70p on £5

Quite high really.
    I notice they put their prices up.
    Iam surprised they are able to offer it as factoring is illegal in the UK.
    The last company that did it was bises.org and they went AWOL with lots of customers money.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Hi there

Chargebacks are debitted back to the site in question, and there is a rolling payment delay of 30 days to help protect against chargebacks.

The rate over £20 is typically 6% + 60 pence I believe, and given that there are no start-up or monthly costs, and no minimum monthly amounts of commission to be raised for paystamp, we think it represents a good deal for small to medium sized websites aiming to break into e-commerce.

I can assure you it's both entirely above board, and legal. The service was designed with micro-payments in mind, so if you were expecting a large amount of high-value transactions, it certainly wont be the cheapest option for you - and I'd recommend you look at paypal or worldpay as alternatives, but for a no-nonsense low threshold site selling goods or services that typically fall beneath £100 paystamp does offer a good deal.

It's interesting to note the comments on having to read too far into the site to be able to understand what it's all about, and how it all works. This is something I'll see fed back to the copywriters to improve - so thanks for that input.

One thing I should point out is that in the members area of the paystamp site there is a lot more specific information about how to set the service up to work with existing shopping cart systems, and what happens in the event of a chargeback, along with customised sample code unique to your registered site, and marketing hints and tips. A forum has also been introduced recently to allow members to ask the paystamp team questions directly, and under the scrutiny of the member community. We've found this open way of dealing with queries helps others who may be facing similar problems, and also allows us to quickly respond to comments and suggestions made by improving the service to our affiliates.

Cheers

Sam
    paystamp.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-03-2002 at 06:35 PM.

PayStamp.com :D

Hi
    I have been using PayStamp since 15th May and so far everything has been great. There support staff are also very fast to respond.

I think the fee's they charge per transaction are very good value as they do not charge a fee to signup unlike Worldpay.

Overall great service, once i have received my first cheque i will be singing....
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

Hi Sam, do you accept international webmasters?

Hi Coux

Yes - international webmasters are welcome to join, but the service is limited to UK£ currently, so we recommend that you check with your bank to see whether they operate a branch (or correspondance bank) in the UK. If so, this can considerably reduce costs in exchange for the webmaster, otherwise it could potentially mean an alternative service such as worldpay or paypal becomes more economic having taken the exchange rate into consideration.

Thanks for the recommendation Barry - I hope you come back here and report similar feelings in a month or two when you've has a chance to use the service for a while - that will be a true reflection on the system and service.

Cheers

Sam
    paystamp.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-03-2002 at 06:36 PM.

Sam,

If you'll permit and not be offended by a recommendation...

I suggest you revamp your site so that it's immediately clear what you're offering, how, and for how much. Your site is visually appealing. And from what I've read on it and what you've written here, it's clearly a service about which UK ecommerce webmasters should be aware and should, at the very least, strongly consider.

But when one must dig deep into your TOS (I'm pretty sure that's where I finally found it) just to find your prices, there's a problem. And, beyond that, it just isn't clear on your site at first glance, precisely how it all works. I'm not saying I don't get it. I'm saying that you're making me work way too hard in order for me to get it.

Your site visitors are busy. Show them you respect that by spelling it out like they're children. And never forget the now-old web site rule: From the moment your site visitor arrives until the moment he loses interest and surfs on, you've got maybe 8 seconds to get his attention and make him stay.

Just tryin' to help.
    Gregg L. DesElms

Gregg

Thanks for the comments. I'm not actually the site owner, I am however the site designer and developer, and a member of the small team that runs it. From the other comments above, along with yours I think it's clear that it does need looking at - and as I say I'll bring this thread to the attention of the copywriters and decision makers

Thanks again - no offense at all taken - I'm sure I'd be backed up in saying that when you're developing something, it can be difficult to see the obstacles you're actually putting in the path of those you hope to service, so outside opinions of design, use of language and usability are most welcome

Cheers

Sam
    paystamp.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-03-2002 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks for all the interest Gentlemen. I am Bob, the CEO of paystamp - been off line for much of the day, otherwise I would have come back sooner.

You are right to be sceptical when someone new comes along, but I assure you that we are here for the long term. What we have perhaps not made clear is that we are here to service the UK market. We only deal in Sterling transactions. Things are very different over here, our banks are very conservative and it is difficult for any small site or start-up to get merchant facilities.

We started out as a donations facility for community type sites. This may seem a little strange to you but the English are reluctant to praise or to tip. We seem to be embarased and prefer to do things like that anonymously. As a donations company, we had modest success but our site affiliates gave us the clear message that what they really wanted was easy access to credit card facilities, which is what we are now offering.

The quality of the sites who have already joined us as affiliates will tell you that we are being taken seriously. Since we have no Sign-up or annual charges our costs compare very favourably with other organisations.

Charge-backs? We keep a reserve fund and will pay dissatisfied customers direct. We will then deduct the payment from the webmaster's credit. Consumer protection is a serious issue and we do make this clear to affiliates up front.

As for the confusion some people experienced when looking at the paystamp site. I think some of this may stem from the recent change of emphasis from a donations facility to a credit card gateway. Being so close to the site, I don't think we realised that there was this potential for confusion. I assure you that we will be addressing this now as a matter of some urgency!

Again, thanks for the interest and for the constructive criticism.

Bob
    paystamp.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-03-2002 at 08:11 PM.

Got my first payment from PayStamp a few weeks ago. Very happy with the quality of service they provide! Keep up the good work!
    Barry

paystamp closed at 10/10

nt

But they are in talks with a few banks in the hope of relaunching there service with even better services
    Barry

Is there anyone else out there like paystamp? paystamp where so ideal for us.