Fastest Dedicated Provider

I need a datacenter with some of the fastest network speeds around, lowest latencies and fastest throughput. I don't need a ridiculous physical server, but I do want speeds to rival, say, the iTunes Store.

My end users are mostly in the Memphis, TN area; that's really the only market I'm concerned about. So, what dedicated server providers will provide me with the best latencies and throughput? My budget is around $300/month for a basic server with pretty low bandwidth (I don't need volume yet, just speed; probably a 500gb harddrive with a core 2 duo).

Thanks!

If you focus on Memphis market, a vendor in Atlanta might be a good choice. Meanwhile I am not sure how the Internet connections between TN and closed states, if you want something in Atlanta, contact Chris at Cyberwurx.com. He will give you a good deal. I was there few years ago, hadn't had any outage. One of the best supporting team I have worked with.

If you are looking for your usual solutions, I would check out any of the large providers who utilize numerous backbones.

Softlayer, Singlehop, Gigenet, ThePlanet to name a few. Test your routing to their networks and choose the one that is best for your location.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    If you focus on Memphis market, a vendor in Atlanta might be a good choice. Meanwhile I am not sure how the Internet connections between TN and closed states, if you want something in Atlanta, contact Chris at Cyberwurx.com. He will give you a good deal. I was there few years ago, hadn't had any outage. One of the best supporting team I have worked with.
    Thanks, I'll give them a call in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by neXeon View Post
    If you are looking for your usual solutions, I would check out any of the large providers who utilize numerous backbones.

Softlayer, Singlehop, Gigenet, ThePlanet to name a few. Test your routing to their networks and choose the one that is best for your location.
    I've rented servers from softlayer, theplanet, and hivelocity in the past; while I've been impressed with the speeds near the datacenter, since Memphis is a fair distance from Dallas or Houston, I've never gotten the speeds I need.

The product I'm deploying on these servers needs to be sent to clients very quickly, as in the industry this is for time literally is lives -- it's for emergency responders.