Angry froad company santrex.net review

Hey guys.

the 20 of jun i signed up with Santrex.net. They had a special offer. Alpha Master Reseller UNLIMITED space and UNLIMITED transfer for $39 a month. Pretty good offer IMO. The choice stood between em and pow cause i needed bandwith.

Santrex.net offered cpanel and in there u can click a bandwith graf. I did that in jun. cool i had 200gb. The problem is that there offer ended in jun and when the new month started i was downgraded to 50gb a month.

This is really ----ty since i signed up for a whole year and i have no way to punish the company for cheating me. They of course say we newer offered Unmetered gb transfer. And i have no way of proving that they did. I should have taken a screenshot of the offer i signed up for.

Is this a common method in the buisness ? Did anybody else sign up as well ?

And remember everybody. take that screenshoot and save it.

Anyway i would highly recommend NOT signing up with Santrex.net there support is very poor. They threat every ticket as a courtcase. Big scam company

Not ethical in my opinion. They should have logs and records of which clients signed up with what promotions and coupons. Heck, even WHMCS supports this easily with the coupons/promotions feature.

However, going with unlimited/unmetered reseller accounts are never good in my opinion. Unlimited is never really unlimited, in fact, you're letting the host limit you to how much they want you to use. Exactly what Santrex did to you according to your post. Another thing is with Alpha Master reseller accounts. These are often not stable and it's basically a sign that the server will become heavily overloaded if they're offered in such a way.

I am sorry about your experiences and how you're unable to get a refund with them. I would recommend a VPS or a dedicated server, or just a reseller account with REALISTIC limits. Also, sometimes it's probably best to go month-to-month for the first few months instead of paying up front for an entire year right away.

Am I missing something?

Even their website lists 'unmetered' bandwidth and disk space on their 'professional' plan.

Can you post a screenshot of their reply?

This is the company you're taking about, correct?
    https://www.santrex.net/resellerplan...ow=webreseller
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

You're not going to find a plan where you can really use "unlimited" amount of anything - there is always going to be a physical limitation on the server/hardware/network that no matter how hard you try you cannot pass.

The biggest hindrance however is that you're not the only one trying to use as much as you can on that one particular server/network and as such you'll only get your small share.

Sign up with a provider with realistic limits and chalk this up to a learning lesson as I doubt fighting it is going to get you very far (but by all means fight it if you wish).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Darn, sorry to hear your issues with them, this is not good, if all of this stated is true then shame on them, if you paid via paypal id tru the resolution center on this issue, and try contacting the owner of the company himself , meantime, goodluck and future do better research on companies before going with them etc. Best of luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Can you provide screenshots of the ticket interaction? Proof would be good as this is some fairly serious accusations.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

I am wondering if it was stated in the terms of the promotion /if any.
    Though if this is what happened, I do not find this to be a fair promotion. Though I would never sign up for Alpha Reselling in the first place.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

There are two things that raised red flags to me about this company:

1. They are blatantly advertising torrent hosting on their website.
    2. They offer unlimited alpha reseller accounts with everything unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by sentesns View Post
    Alpha Master Reseller UNLIMITED space and UNLIMITED transfer for $39 a month. Pretty good offer IMO.
    really?

and the torrent hosting really turns me off - I'm guessing they have servers offshore, otherwise they will get into a lot of trouble soon enough

This is really ----ty since i signed up for a whole year and i have no way to punish the company for cheating me.

Yes, you do, move service. Nothing affects a company more than the bottom line.
    Let them know exactly why you are moving, and that you have posted it to WHT.
    If they have a legitimate reason, and care, they should be along soon to give their side.

Everyone else is correct. There is no such thing as "unlimited". Even companies that advertise have limits in the fine print, usually based on inodes or something similar. It's much better to know exactly where you stand than have this ethereal "unlimited" that you are unsure about. One thing is certain, though, it's not unlimited. Ever.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

froad

Hey guys.

the 20 of jun i signed up with Santrex.net. They had a special offer. Alpha Master Reseller UNLIMITED space and UNLIMITED transfer for $39 a month. Pretty good offer IMO. The choice stood between em and pow cause i needed bandwith.

Santrex.net offered cpanel and in there [u[u[/u] can click a bandwith graf. I did that in jun. cool i had 200gb. The problem is that there offer ended in jun and when the new month started i was downgraded to 50gb a month.

This is really ----ty since i signed up for a whole year and i have no way to punish the company for cheating me. They of course say we newer offered Unmetered gb transfer. And i have no way of proving that they did. I should have taken a screenshot of the offer i signed up for.

Is this a common method in the buisness ? Did anybody else sign up as well ?

And remember everybody. take that screenshoot and save it.

Anyway i would highly recommend NOT signing up with Santrex.net there support is very poor. They threat every ticket as a courtcase. Big scam company
    ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    froad

ten characters
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    really?

and the torrent hosting really turns me off - I'm guessing they have servers offshore, otherwise they will get into a lot of trouble soon enough

I am in no way defending Santrex nor do I agree with Torrent hosting or Alpha resellers.

Although, they do offer offshore hosting so I'm guessing that's how they do offer seed boxes. As far as what they sell, doesn't matter to me. I do think you should be providing some proof to what you're saying. Or another one-post wonder?
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Were you going for the word "fraud"?

I assume each story like this should have 2 sides and that would be interesting what other side can say.
    I would like to wait little bit
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Not to offend you - but why did you company that offers "unlimited everything"? There are many reputable companies that would offer reasonable resources for a reasonable price.
    They threat every ticket as a courtcase
    can you please explain?
    And yes, the only way you may punish them is with your money. Leave them if the really so bad. Leaving + bad review on WHt is bad enough for any host.

Hello,

I am a member of the Santrex Internet Services team, and I would kindly ask you to provide screen shots of the tickets where you claimed we scammed you.

That is a total lie, and we don't recall such an incident with our support system, so I ask you to please mention more details so we can have a say on this issue.

Thank you.

hello

I recently signed up with santrex vps ... and I just want to let you guys know that hey are not a fraud company... if you search their domain history you can see that they are currently hosting over 800 domains with over 90 servers across the globe

This is the 3rd day since I signed up although there was a downtime but it was resolved within 1 hour..

for the price that they offer... I think its great.. Ill write more reviews about this company probably when I'm with them long enough

have a nice day...