Atom on image hosting site

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if any of you had experience with Atoms ( precise 330 one) and with image hosting site. We'r about to launch one of those projects and maybe dont expect any rush on begining, but who knows . So is one of this Atoms+2GB RAM enough for like couple thousand hits a day? Greetings

How much bandwidth you are using per month?

It can run fine with proper optimization.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

It will be plenty fine for image hosting. It should handle your business for quite a while. Especially, if that's the only site residing on it.

Best of luck.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Well dont know about bandwith (since we didnt launch it yet).. But I am guessing somwhere betwen 10-20GB a day for a opening couple months. And I am talking about this offer of HoneLive http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=877684 with 2TB of bandwith

We run our MS Exchange 2007 on an Atom 330 with 2GB RAM and it works very well... Exchange is no lightweight platform either.

I believe you should be fine for a while on the atom, they truly do pack a punch.

When needed just upgrade to a Core2 series server.
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Your site should be fine on an Atom server. Your needs seem to be quite basic for now - therefore, a basic server should do.

However, if I were you, even though its not needed for now I would go for at least a Celeron E1700. But my preference is a Core 2 Duo server.

Which provider are you planning to use for an Atom? (just curious.)
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

I agree, we have lots of experience with the Atoms and they are great for sites like yours that are brand new. You get the reliability of a server at a decent price. Just be aware that there are not many upgrade options for the Atom servers and most likely when you do need to upgrade, it will have to be to another server as opposed to just adding RAM.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com