CDG commerce and partners

I went to sign up with CDG commerce as they had pretty low rates and a load of included features. I just got an email from one of their "partners" and here is what they sent me

Setup fee: $299.00
    Monthly fee: $49.00
    Card processing fee: 3.95%
    Fraud management/transaction fee: 40c per transaction
    Payout schedule: Weekly wire, 5 days arrears
    Wire fee: $20.00

Here is what CDG's website has

Initial Setup Fee FREE
    Monthly Merchant Fee $10
    Monthly Gateway Fee FREE
    save $15-25 per month!

Per Gateway Trans Fee
    FREE
    save $.05-.10 on every transaction!
    Qualified Visa/MC Per Sale Fee -
    Most Credit/Debit Cards 2.25% + $0.30
    Non-Qualified Visa/MC Surcharge -
    Rewards/International/Corporate Cards 1.50% + $0.10
    surcharge
    Amex/Discover/JCB Per Transaction Fee* $0.30

Not only are the fee's considerably higher but the "free fraud protection" is 40c per transaction. They're also saying they require me to incorporate in the EU. I'm only a startup and not interested in the expense and complexity of incorporating in my home country (australia) let alone let alone in a country where i can't even speak the language.

Does anyone know any alternatives to cdg that provide fraud protection and integrate with whmcs?

Hello Smenkhare,

As you are in another country that is why you got a higher rate. We ourselves can only do U.S.-BASED WITH A U.S. BANK & U.S. SIGNER W/ SSN#.
    If it works, do not mess with it.
    If it almost works, fix it.
    If it does not work, replace it.
    CDG Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by CDGJerry View Post
    Hello Smenkhare,
    We ourselves can only do U.S.-BASED WITH A U.S. BANK & U.S. SIGNER W/ SSN#.
    Hi Jerry,
    Thanks for replying. This would appear at first glance to be contrary to the AUSFTA treaty but I am not really interested in pursuing that.

However it should be mentioned on your website that the "free" inclusions are

a) not included
    b) when they are included, are for a fee.

Hello,

Again please know that the partner you got a quote from is an affiliate. They are not part of our company at all. Our page does not reflect their prices at all, nor their services. As for the AUSFTA treaty I guess I will google that and read what it is.

If you think we are being biased, you are wrong though. We can only do the US based ones as that is all we are licensed to do. It is not an easy task to get into other countries and become an ISO.
    If it works, do not mess with it.
    If it almost works, fix it.
    If it does not work, replace it.
    CDG Commerce

I agree with Jerry, this is one of the reasons why CDG has some of the best rates in the industry. I wish you much luck on your credit merchant endeavor tho smenkhare.
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

smenkhare

From what I understand cdgcommerce works only with US based corp that have both - US bank acct and US director/owner.
    Perhaps your corp doesn't meet that criteria and you need a NON-US solution?
    Last edited by Alex; 08-04-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Removed Signature

careful when accepting credit cards from CDG, theres a $25 fee for chargebacks. Its costly when doing hosting business as many of these orders will past. This is where CDG make there money cause they know a lot of people will issue chargebacks in the hosting industry.

Hostlatte,

I'm not sure how you arrive at your conclusions above.

To begin with, $25 is an industry standard fee for chargebacks with most merchant processors. I've seen CB pricing as high as $35 but most are around the $25 price point. You seem to imply that somehow our company is gouging merchants because we charge the same fee as everyone else for one minor line item... even if every other line item of our pricing is better in many regards.

Merchant processors incur a hard cost from their banks on chargebacks that come through and have to make up that cost by passing it through to their merchants. It's as simple as that.

Your additional comment that "this is where CDG makes their money" is also completely incorrect and I'm not sure what you base your assumptions on. It certainly isn't accurate in any way and in a perfect world, none of our merchants would ever get a single chargeback.

It also strikes me as a somewhat ironic comment since we have pioneered so many tools and technologies to help merchants avoid chargebacks in the first place... which wouldn't make any sense at all if we were reliant on chargeback fee revenue for "making our money."
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!