Give me several host that can run phpbb2 very well!!!

Give me several host that can run phpbb2 very well!!!

Most hosts will, maybe if you post your requirements? Eg space/bandwidth and how many concurrent users you expect.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

phpbb can really be a resource hog after the community starts to grow. I have about 3300 members and close to 100,000 posts and required a dedicated box. Or at least semi-dedicated. Occasionally phpBB for some reason will generate runaway processes that use 90% of the CPU which I have to then kill.

None of my other forum software has that problem, so be aware of that. Anyway, if you're looking at a few thousand members and a quite active forum, not may shared hosts will accomidate you. But if your forums are smaller, you won't have any trouble on a basic 10-20gb plan with a few hundred megs of storage

This is what I worry about!!!
    my forum is very busy, so even I buy a host can provide my every thing in low price But they didn't mention any thing about the system resource

So I need some one give me suggestion

I've seen what you're describing in PHPBB but ONLY on modded boards, out of the box phpbb2 boards that have only been modified graphics wise without addons I have yet to see this problem.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

so you mean just modded phpbb2 would eat system resource
    the regular one is OK right?

Start out by telling us how much bandwidth and disk space you're using now. Are you currently using 9GB of bandwidth a month? 15GB? 50GB? How long have you been running this bulletin board, and how much bandwidth were you using during the first month of operation? What is the maximum you want to pay?

My accounts can run phpBB2, but without knowing how much bandwidth and disk space you need, I can't make any judgements on recommending my or any other host's plans to you.

Well they'll all grow and eat up system resources, but this phenomenon where phpBB2 takes the server down with a rogue process is something I've only seen on heavily modded phpbb's.

But any phpbb can kill a server through normal traffic once it gets large enough.

Once you're seeing 10-14 people online at any one time regularly you're probably gonna want to look carefully for hosting for fear of the dreaded "cancelled due to resource hogging" problem.
    resident grumpy redneck

10-14 you must kidding me
    my forum average 70~80 people
    Max 140 people at night

Dude, check into one of those $69 a month servers in the dedicated hosting special offers forum.

There's no way your forum can work in a shared hosting situation.

Must have large transfer ,fast, support php/mysql

I need around 250mb

30~50GB transfer a month

and fast speed

With that many people, get a dedicated, or maybe share a server with one other phpbb and that's it, you'll never "get along well with others" with that kinda usage in a shared environment.
    resident grumpy redneck

Everyone's right - with those kind of usage figures, you have to get either a dedicated or a semidedicated hosting account. In a shared-hosting environment, your forum would use far too much of the server's resources at any one time.

suggest some semidedicated hosting account

I had a VPS at venturesonline for the exact same reason you are looking for a host; a very busy phpbb board. I've had to since go dedicated since it made economic sense(there's a point where the high end VPS at venturesonline are a bit too pricey for what ya get) but you might want to check them out...

and, I agree that phpbb unless it has been heavily modded, particularly with a few of the badly written mods for the board, will not take processes and run them till the server is in the ground.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Originally posted by tsairandy
    suggest some semidedicated hosting account
    Yes sah!

The only problem with a semidedicated is that it is still shared hosting, just fewer users on a server. If all users on a semidedicated users use a large amount of resources, the result will be the same as having a shared hosting account.

I say check out what lightnin posted (if there are any left):
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showt...15&pagenumber=1
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

i'm running a phpBB forum
    in a very cheap webspace
    but now that offer is end but there is one

1GB webspace
    10GB bandwidth
    $49.90US/year

is quite cheap
    if you wanna test...http://www.3listen.com

the hosting site is http://www.rcthost.com

running a VPS is not really a true solution, don't forget that a virtual server is just that virtual, so it is shared some where. you would be much better off with a web host that will take care of you and attempt to place you to a properly tuned box to deal with your forum.

or if you can not afford your own box a well tuned shared server.

mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

might be possible to run it in a shared anviroment, if they host is new and your site is the only one on the server