Thumbs down BuzzServers.com Negative Review

I have purchased a $3 VPS from BuzzServers. I'm planning to use it to host my small shoutcast station.

I waited for almost 17 hours just to get the access details of my VPS. It was okay for me since they are unmanaeged and for the price, I'm not expecting them to be fast.

So, I got my VPS last night. as I was doing yum install joe on the console, it replies back and says that I don't have enough diskspace. I checked the free space and I was surprised to see that I was only given 500MB of space and I have 0 left!

I notified them 11 hours ago about the issue and they responded saying that they have a hardware failure. I ssh to the vps and was surprised that it refuses the connection.

OMG.

so, I sent a ticket to their support department asking for my account to be terminated and I'm asking for the full refund of my $3.

why I'm even asking for the $3 refund?

First, I have used the vps for only about 30-45 Mins when I figured out that the vps doesn't have space!

Second, the VPS is offline now!

I know that "you get what you are paying for" applies very well here but hey, I didn't know that this is good for only a couple of hours!

Did you first send in a ticket to ask for the additional disk space? Seems like a simple mistake that could be fixed without having to go the refund route (especially for 3 bucks).

I've bought VPSs that were initially configured wrong (it happens), but if you can get if fixed relatively quick, wouldn't that be preferable?
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Yes, already sent a ticket but no response until now.

I'm sure they did send email to all their customer about hardware problem in USD3.00 VPS, 'cause I've got one mail from them.

I have no any trouble to use their 3 bucks VPS, since I ordered 5th July ago before they submit the offer ini WHT and get busy after that

That sucks. Maybe they will get an alert and see you thread.

Online support is off, and they have no phone number....seems your options are a bit limited to playing the waiting game. They should give the same service to a 3 buck customer as they do a $30 or $300 customer (within reason).

Hope they get you ironed out.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Yes I got the email but I was waiting for the 17 hour setup time just to get a vps without even a space to install joe?

Signing up at HiVelocity's $8 VPS.

Guess that's what they get for overselling

Hello sleepybear,

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with BuzzServers, I'm sure that they will probably tell us what exactly happend and will also answer your ticket.
    If they were having problems with the storage on a server than that will explain the delay to deliver your VPS.
    Not sure why their answer didn't come yet but there are times when a lot of legitimate e-mail messages are treated as spam so it may be that.
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

I already got the VPS. but I only had the chance to use it for roughly 45 minutes until they switched it off.

My SPAM folder is empty too

I guess they got a lot of customers due to the $3 special. There is someone from BuzzServers that goes on WHT regularly, and he will most likely notice this. Don't get me wrong, WHT is not a way to get your host's attention, but it usually gets them to get a move on.

Quote Originally Posted by idcyber View Post
    I'm sure they did send email to all their customer about hardware problem in USD3.00 VPS, 'cause I've got one mail from them.

I have no any trouble to use their 3 bucks VPS, since I ordered 5th July ago before they submit the offer ini WHT and get busy after that
    Correct, we originally provisioned roughly 20 VPS packages on a newly provisioned hardware node when it turned around that the wrong partitions has been used roughly 10 minutes afterdeploying these VPS', so we immediately sent out the mass mailer and had that server formatted appropriately and this allowed us to make the packages manaully.

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    That sucks. Maybe they will get an alert and see you thread.

Online support is off, and they have no phone number....seems your options are a bit limited to playing the waiting game. They should give the same service to a 3 buck customer as they do a $30 or $300 customer (within reason).

Hope they get you ironed out.
    We have a local and toll free number, which is visible in all of our ticket and e-mail signatures.

Local: 816 256 3404
    Toll-free: 866-706-9042

Quote Originally Posted by w4Net View Post
    Guess that's what they get for overselling
    We are not overselling, the hardware issue was not related to overselling. The reason we are able to offer such LOW prices is because we OWN the hardware which we use, so we don't have to pay heft leasing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    Hello sleepybear,

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with BuzzServers, I'm sure that they will probably tell us what exactly happend and will also answer your ticket.
    If they were having problems with the storage on a server than that will explain the delay to deliver your VPS.
    Not sure why their answer didn't come yet but there are times when a lot of legitimate e-mail messages are treated as spam so it may be that.
    We have been experiencing a LOT of orders for our $3.00 package and we have now locked down for new VPS orders, because we do have and have had MANY to provision.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0wz View Post
    I guess they got a lot of customers due to the $3 special. There is someone from BuzzServers that goes on WHT regularly, and he will most likely notice this. Don't get me wrong, WHT is not a way to get your host's attention, but it usually gets them to get a move on.
    Correct, this was a stunner of a promotion and we've always handled manual VPS deployments and when we posted that promotion, we did not anticipate just over 200 orders in the space of 48 hours. But we are working on them, there's now only 10-20 remaining to deploy.

The issue regarding the network which we have explained is because all of our Dallas IP's are in a VLAN accross our cabinets, there is a problem with the trunk between the switches in the cabinets, so we are currently preparing to move the hardware node affected in to a working cabinet/switch.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0wz View Post

Well, Yeah, I agree with you but somehow I am thankful that WHT exists because atleast, The Providers tries to respond with their client's issue in a shorter period of time.

Just 5 minutes ago, I received an email from them.

@Jay,

So, does the nodes and vps is working now? I will Cancel the termination request If my vps is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    Well, Yeah, I agree with you but somehow I am thankful that WHT exists because atleast, The Providers tries to respond with their client's issue in a shorter period of time.

Just 5 minutes ago, I received an email from them.

@Jay,

So, does the nodes and vps is working now? I will Cancel the termination request If my vps is working now.
    Hello,

There are no hardware issues, your VPS is there and fine, we are just moving the server in to a new cabinet. So it will be available, if you provide me your ticket ID I will update you the moment the server is in the new rack.

Ticket ID: #LCQ-564467

My Server is not running. I can't SSH to it after I sent a ticket with regards to the 500MB Space. after 30 minutes. my server went down.

After reading your reply, I tried to SSH on the VPS but still, I cannot connect.

Please refund the $3 as I cannot wait for 17 hours more for the vps to get online.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    Ticket ID: #LCQ-564467

My Server is not running. I can't SSH to it after I sent a ticket with regards to the 500MB Space. after 30 minutes. my server went down.

After reading your reply, I tried to SSH on the VPS but still, I cannot connect.

Please refund the $3 as I cannot wait for 17 hours more for the vps to get online.
    I think I noticed your refund request ticket and I've pointed Louize in that direction.

Alright. Thanks for the response

Refund Received. Thanks.

##FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE##

Dallas, TX
    July 22, 2009

Graxis, Inc. is pleased to announce the successful acquisition of Buzzservers Limited.
    The acquisition of Buzzservers is a strategic move to strengthen the footprint of the Graxis, Inc. companies (SharedLayer, Zabogo, and more)

The focus now is to migrate the VPS platform of Buzzservers to a new VPS Platform which is not HyperVM based and expanding the Support team dedicated to Buzzservers clients to make sure problems are dealt with in a reasonable amount of time.

We will present a plan of action later on today regarding the VPS migrations to the new VPS Platform.
    Dedicated Server clients will not see a change in their service.

We hope that our support, quality network, and overall product additions will aid in your confidence in our company.
    The Buzzservers brand will stay active for the following weeks and will be merged into one of our other brands once the process of migrating clients to our billing apps and new VPS environments is done.

We understand that change is difficult, and we want to stress, that we will do everything possible to minimize the impact of this change.
    A support rep will happily go over the process with you individually and answer any questions or concerns.

Please note:

Please use the support facilities of Buzzservers for your questions and remarks regarding services provided by Buzzservers.
    None of the employees with our other brands are at this point able to help you with your problems!

With kind regards,

Dominic Hakke
    Chief Executive Officer
    Now I know what happened.

I also have problems with a $3 VPS. It's now more than 48 hours and it's not up (or it could be up, I don't know, but it's not reachable). I emailed them once again (for the last time) and if they don't sort it out I'm also cancelling.

it's up, up, up, up