can i run Debian on a HS22 IBM blade server?

Im starting my business and where providing web application services. In any case iv been working with IBM to determined what hard ware solution would be best for me. All i wont to know is if Debian linux will run fully properly with The IBM HS22 Blade series. They wont me to use RedHat and Microsoft SQL 2008 witch I'm not a fan of. This is a field where my knowledge kind of hit's the end of the road so if there is any one out there who knows what there talking about pleas in lighten me.

Many Thanks

I've never ran Debian on one of these servers, but it should run fine given the hardware specifications listed on their website.

The only issue I could foresee is that the Broadcom NIC driver might be "unfree" so you might need to load the driver while installing.

So you don't for see

So you don't for see any problems except for that one driver. I have no problems with having to pay for the driver if that's what you mean. I just wont to make sure i can use everything with out fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox1 View Post
    So you don't for see any problems except for that one driver. I have no problems with having to pay for the driver if that's what you mean. I just wont to make sure i can use everything with out fault.
    You shouldn't have to pay for it, you'll probably just need to pop in a USB key with the driver on it and load it from there.

For example, Debian removed the bnx2 kernel module due to license restrictions placed on the firmware; of course, you can still load the driver during the install and proceed normally, but it's one more step you'll have to complete (You can read more about that here). I'm not sure about that NIC, and this is entirely speculation. Perhaps someone that has used these can chime in.

I'd be very surprised if Debian wouldn't run on it.