Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerMonster Review

Hi everyone, i wanted to share my experience with powermonster.net. I've never written a review like this before so i hope i don't make any reviewing faux pas.

Just over a year ago i made a post here asking about what web designers do as far as hosting for clients go. Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.

I currently have 3 websites of my own and several client websites setup on my own custom hosting plans provided by powermonster. I have no complaints, uptime has been excellent, support is unheard of (often immediate) and Scott is always willing to offer advice, answer questions and work with me on any issues i have. Bandwidth is generous, i so far haven't found any limitations to what i need as far as features go.

I'm just about to setup my first ecommerce project for a client using Magento, before i went ahead with this project i had several questions about security, bandwidth, ecommerce options etc. which Scott was happy to discuss with me.

I'd definitely recommend powermonster to anyone.

I am glad you like this host I signed up with them about a month or so ago.
    I agree with you on support and uptime.
    Oh did you also notice the speed? Oh My I moved my blog over to them the other day do to issues with whirlhost and boy is it fast.

I've got a hosting account with PowerMonster as well, and they're very good. Support is great, and the servers are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowPixel View Post
    Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.
    If the two of you are in a partnership, wouldn't your review be self promotion of powermonster?

Hmm CrazyPenguin does have a point. So I wonder if this is against the rules.
    Oh and not to be rude but having the url to your site helps too.

I guess the mods would have to be the final judge, but she doesn't sell powermonster space outright. She offers powermonster space to her web-design customers as part of a complete package. She has her own plans that are entirely different from our plans and it's a bit like a reseller setup without the reseller account. She just purchases one of her plan accounts when she needs to for a client, but the mods will have to make the final judgement.

Thanks for the review, we do appreciate it and we're glad all three of you are our customers!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Are all 3 of us customers that posted in this thread female?
    I know 2 of us are as you said she in your post and I am a she. ^_^

Yeah partnership probably isn't the right word, i basically purchase accounts at a discounted price for my customers. This is definitely not self promotion since i have no actual investment in powermonster only a deal where they provide cheaper hosting for me that i then provide for my customers. Like Scott said, more like a reseller but without a reseller account.

My site is: http://www.yellowpixeldesigns.com and yep i'm a female LOL! The speed is excellent Amy!

Well....it is always good to have happy customers. I believe their customers are happy so they are expressing themselves.

yep sounds like a reseller type account. I have the oposite type of an account. I purchased a reseller but use it just for me.

Thanks powerMonster-Scott and YellowPixel for clarifying your situation. Congratulations to PowerMonster for receiving consistent positive reviews on WHT!

Thanks for the review. And customer satisfaction is a nice thing to see. Come back again to update us in future.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowPixel View Post
    Just over a year ago i made a post here asking about what web designers do as far as hosting for clients go. Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.
    So, as a result of your post within the main forums, they contacted you here and offered you a deal?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    So, as a result of your post within the main forums, they contacted you here and offered you a deal?
    I didn't interpret it that way but I can see it now that I re-read it.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    For high-end shared accounts ideal for business, check out our Premium offerings!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

I did not see it that way either. I saw it as She was asking about webhosting here and Found power monster and asked them about it out side of this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast