Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WiredTree Upgrades All VPS for Free

Great information I just received in my inbox!

Dear Valued WiredTree VPS Client,

We are pleased to announce we are upgrading VPS resources for all existing customers! We will be phasing out our VPS384 plan and we will be introducing a VPS1024 plan as our new high-end VPS plan. Every VPS plan will be shifted up a step from the plan it is on currently. For example, if you have a VPS384 currently, you will be upgraded to our new VPS512. If you have a VPS768 you will be upgraded to our VPS1024. This "level up" will be occurring for all current VPS customers, and the best part? Your rates will remain the same!

We have invested thousands of dollars over the past few months upgrading our infrastructure to support these increased allocations to ensure you are getting the best value for your money. These upgrades will be performed throughout the rest of the month and you will receive a personalized email when your VPS has been upgraded letting you know your new resources. Nearly every client will receive a memory and bandwidth upgrade and some will receive a disk space upgrade as well. Again, you will receive a personalized email for each VPS you have during the next couple of weeks with specific details on what has been upgraded on your account. There will not be any downtime required to perform the upgrade either!

Not only are resources being upgraded we will be rolling out a couple of other cool features as well for VPS plans over the next few weeks. The first is that all VPS and Hybrid plans will now have access to WiredTree's private network. WiredTree's private network is a fully routed network that is internal to WiredTree. Your servers can communicate with each other free of charge over the private network! We will also be enabling IPMI monitoring for all VPS accounts - this will allow you to check the physical health of the server you are on - CPU temperature, voltages, fan speed, etc. We are also adding additional memory monitoring for your VPS accounts as well. Check back in Grove over the next few weeks for availability!

Thank you for your business and for choosing WiredTree!
    Luke Whiteman
    PureUnmetered.com - Competitive DE Unmetered Bandwidth Servers
    Coming Soon!

Very nice indeed!

WiredTree = WIN!

Have not had even one minor issue with WiredTree since I've moved to them. They have provided me the best service I've ever experienced from a web host, and I've been dealing with hosts for around 12 years now!

This is a wonderful news for the WT VPS customers.

I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Other hosts, take note

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    Other hosts, take note
    Nice One

wow

This is excellent, i think i gonna go with them... the only thing is they don't provide money back guarantee. anyway the server and network specs is really to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by kabayan View Post
    This is excellent, i think i gonna go with them... the only thing is they don't provide money back guarantee. anyway the server and network specs is really to go for.
    They probably don't need a "money back guarantee" because no one has ever canceled service with them

Yea I said it, they're just that good. I've been with them for over a year and have not had one issue. Ticket response times are golden, and they even answer the phone! (called once just to see if they'd answer, and sure enough Jake did). They're not the lowest cost VPS provider but then again you get what you pay for. And in my opinion with these new upgrades we as customers are getting a 'steal' for the price. Don't tell Zac I said that though

Quote Originally Posted by RMCSGroup View Post
    They probably don't need a "money back guarantee" because no one has ever canceled service with them

Yea I said it, they're just that good. I've been with them for over a year and have not had one issue. Ticket response times are golden, and they even answer the phone! (called once just to see if they'd answer, and sure enough Jake did). They're not the lowest cost VPS provider but then again you get what you pay for. And in my opinion with these new upgrades we as customers are getting a 'steal' for the price. Don't tell Zac I said that though

Yeah i just did signed-up and joined the club unfortunately someone need to call me first they activate my account... hopefully it won't take that long.

Yeah i just did signed-up and joined the club unfortunately someone need to call me first they activate my account... hopefully it won't take that long.
    Once you go Wiredtree you won't be sorry.
    David Allen
    Newbloghosting.com Fully Managed Wordpress Hosting
    Personalized and Proactive Support for Blogs and Small Business Sites
    Follow Us on Twitter @newbloghosting

Excellent, very thoughtful and nice of the WiredTree team.

I do think this will motivate some hosts to upgrade their accounts. Very nice increases while keeping the same price points is VERY attractive for a rock solid host like WT. Now if they would only open up a West Coast DC = )

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    I do think this will motivate some hosts to upgrade their accounts. Very nice increases while keeping the same price points is VERY attractive for a rock solid host like WT. Now if they would only open up a West Coast DC = )
    yeah, this convinced me to go with them, it is a good example of caring for customer not just to make money... with the upgraded specs they can easily fit for customers per server but instead they use the extra power gain from HW upgrade to power-up existing customers for FREE or no extra cost to them!

Wow, that rocks. Go WiredTree!
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

I like how they'll let the customers see the status of their server, like CPU temp, etc.

Yeah - this upgrade is way cool. WiredTree rocks!

Thanks for informing the community.

Will put WiredTree on my list of VPS companies to try

If only WiredTree did Windows servers.....

Hope you will be getting a nice service from WT. Share the experience with us in future.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Hope you will be getting a nice service from WT. Share the experience with us in future.
    Absolutely mate so far still waiting for activation, apparently account verification staff work between 9am-11pm Chicago time... can't wait to try my virtual box

Speech less...
    RackIsland - Premium Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Web Server, Nightly Backups and Zero Overselling!
    Happy Customer with WiredTree!

I just confirmed via phone that the people who received their 50% increase coupon through WHT will get a even greater benefit from this increase.

I am currently using the VPS512 with the 50% coupon which gives me around 768 ram When they bump me up to the 768 VPS my memory allocation will go up to 1gig due to the coupon. So ill have their highest VPS package minus 20 gigs of space which is pretty decent.

Even better giving current customers an added bonus!

I moved to WiredTree in May. I am already very happy with their service and extremely speedy technical support. What a nice surprise it was to hear that my servers would be getting a free upgrade. Another thumbs up for WiredTree!

Two Thumbs Up!

Hi Guys,

Just an update about WiredTree (as i would like to create a review thread about WT i figured out it's too early at this stage).

But so far so good! the support was excellent! response time never took longer than 15 minutes, there were times less than 1 minute - beat that! and when a look at the Chicago time it is what? like 5AM! Sometimes I got a response from 2 other staffers taking over the ticket so meaning it is not a one man 24x7 show that will be flooded with tickets on wee hours.

One time the system locked me out due to 3x incorrect SSH login attempt, firewall blocked my access (security system worked!) requested my IP to be white-listed.... done after few minutes!

So kudos to all the WT support team! i'm very happy customer this far... keep up the good work and will be very happy to recommend you guys.

I'm confident i did the right choice and can focus on my business knowing that there are reliable techy people behind me.

So if you're still searching for the right provider give them a try and see for yourself I mean they are quite pricey than others out there but they got quality infrastructure and A grade support which is the most important.

On the down side:
    They don't offer SSL yet so i need to buy this from other vendor!

kabayan

wonderful surprise. couldnt believe when i read their email about the free shift up. i visited their website and confirmed. i wasnt visiting their website and helpdesk for months, not needed, my vps works perfectly, WiredTree is really a great company, isnt it?

Glad you guys like it The first round of "level ups" went out today and the rest will follow over the next week or so.

Just to clear some things up about the specials and how upgrades are applied - most all of them will pass through and apply to the new plan (such as the 50% free RAM as mentioned above), however some others (the "Double VPS384 Super Special" in particular) will not be able to be passed through onto the new plan. However people on these very limited super specials will still keep their increased resource limits, which are above the new plans by a good margin, and they are still getting a great deal compared to our normal plans anyways, as they have been since they signed up. I know that may upset a few people because they see someone else getting upgraded more or they still may expect an upgrade even on top of the super special, but if you look at it objectively they are still getting a very good price for the plan and resources even taking the new upgrades into account.

We've done a lot of different promotions which is why we have to address each account on a case by case basis. All specifics about the account upgrades will be in the personalized emails going out so keep an eye out if you haven't received one yet.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Come to think of it, does this upgrade mean overselling? I suspect this because even old customers get the upgrade, does it mean they are just giving more RAM when the servers (even those when they started business) are having the same amount of limited RAM as before.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

lol you cannot just simply oversell VPS as performance easily noticed by customers. Well actually in their promo they stated that "in-celebration of hardware upgrade" means they have upgraded their servers hardware. But heck yeah most businessmen won't upgrade existing customers but instead accommodate more VPS in the same box... but seems like WT thinks differently and now assured that customers will going renew their next bill cycle with a "BIG" smile in their face :-)
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

I will be getting the VPS1024 in a matter of few minutes.

I hope Wiredtree can accomodate my site's requirements..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I will be getting the VPS1024 in a matter of few minutes.

I hope Wiredtree can accomodate my site's requirements..
    cool, we are in the same boat 1 week ago, my main concern initially is there's no money back guarantee just in-case i won't be happy but now... hell yeah who needs money back guarantee? with this kind of support and service i'm getting? it's money well spent so far

I'm a good customer! if service is great i will tell the whole world about it but if not... better return my money otherwise you will be bashed

By the way make sure you use their current promo code, check Zac's post on the VPS Hosting Offers forum here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=877330
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 07-29-2009 at 03:55 AM.

cool, we are in the same boat 1 week ago, my main concern initially is there's no money back guarantee just in-case i won't be happy but now... hell yeah who needs money back guarantee? with this kind of support and service i'm getting? it's money well spent so far

I'm a good customer! if service is great i will tell the whole world about it but if not... better return my money otherwise you will be bashed
    Hi! are you a filipino? (co's your username =)

anyway, as for me, if you're not satisfied on ur current provider, just stop using them and move on.

also, some companies doesn't offer money back guarantees because they don't want clients who signs up then uses the vps for 3 or so days then later on asks for refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    Hi! are you a filipino? (co's your username =)

anyway, as for me, if you're not satisfied on ur current provider, just stop using them and move on.

also, some companies doesn't offer money back guarantees because they don't want clients who signs up then uses the vps for 3 or so days then later on asks for refunds.
    yeah pinoy and i noticed you're from Manila? gosh i missed home

Well based on experience money back guarantee get more business than losing whenever people asking for refund and one more thing if you know your service is good you won't be scared of offering money back guarantee unless you're hiding something.

Also WT is calling customers to confirm every order is legit before they activate the account.

Great! =)

Yeah, WT called me when I ordered a vps from them about a 2 months ago. well, I think WT has nothing to hide. they have 100% SLA so there's nothing to worry when u experience downtime as they will give credits when that occurs.
    Last edited by flyah; 07-29-2009 at 04:33 AM.

well money back is just my initial concern as most provider offers Money back guarantee but with WT no need really to offer it as no one will ever need it because service is really great...hopefully they will put west cost node as it is much closer home.

OT: hey you got a cool site there in your sig, my wife love those korean F4s ;-)

lol you cannot just simply oversell VPS as performance easily noticed by customers. Well actually in their promo they stated that "in-celebration of hardware upgrade" means they have upgraded their servers hardware. But heck yeah most businessmen won't upgrade existing customers but instead accommodate more VPS in the same box... but seems like WT thinks differently and now assured that customers will going renew their next bill cycle with a "BIG" smile in their face :-)
    Not exactly. If you know how to oversell responsibly, nobody will notice it.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Come to think of it, does this upgrade mean overselling?
    No, we are not overselling, we upgraded our servers like we said in our emails. If you were a current customer you would know this as you would have received one or more maintenance notifications over the past couple of months when your server was upgraded if you were on a node which had been deployed before a few months ago.
    Last edited by WiredTree Zac; 07-29-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

I switched to WiredTree VPS from Layeredtech Dedicated and things working much better

Your guaranteed memory has been increased from 512MB to 768MB!
    Your bandwidth allocation has been increased from 800GB to 1000GB!

It looks like you used a coupon which gave you a discount on your current plan rate, and we are passing this onto your new plan for you!
    Thank you WiredTree, that was lovely

I just payed for my VPS1024 =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast