Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In need of a VPS or Dedicated

I'm currently looking for hosting for 2 sites that i have. My requirements are:

1. minimum 250GB HDD
    2. minimum 2000GB Bandwidth
    3. Cpanel
    4. dedicated IP
    5. 100 Mbps uplink
    6. 1GB memory

My budget is: $50 - $100

I will be needing hosting within 3 weeks.

Thanks guys,

First of all there is a VPS forum might have been best to put this there, 2nd of all what kind of sites do you wish to run that need that much specs for just 2 sites , and 2nd of all that kind of traffic / memory would be better off with getting yourself a dedicated server , i recommend Sharktech, staminus, fdcservers for dedi;s, and id recommend xygenhosting.com for Vps, check out the vps might be able to get you those specs although the traffic is high for a vps so prob best off with a dedi, best of luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

I definitely suggest you look at a dedi, there are quite a few companies that fit within your budget.

HiVelocity - They have a c2q for $99 I think http://www.hivelocity.net/specials

Singlehop - They always have good deals, my AE is Jeremy and puts his specials on http://www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller

JaguarPC - They offer really good dedicated servers at an affordable price, they might be a bit out of your budget though

Netdepot - They have decently priced dedicated servers, I especially like their buydown feature which helps eliminate lots of costs, if you keep servers for a long time.

FDCservers = http://www.fdcservers.com been with them multiple months now, stable, secure, fast and cost efficient.

http://www.Staminus.net Little more pricey but ddos filtration is one of the best, very nice, very stable.

http://www.sharktech.net been with them a few months now as well so far so good, heard alot of good things abotu them, etc very good deals as well etc.
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Definitely a Dedicated Server... Somehow I do not think a VPS would be suitable for those requirements (My Judgment). There are many Webhosts that offer Dedicated Servers though I will not recommend BurstNet, Had hosting with them in the past and they were the worst.

Burst might have changed since then, Though I believe they are under new management?
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

your diskspace requirements are of a Dedicated server. I suggest you have have a look at http://wholesaleinternet.com. its pretty much a no frills service but they have good reviews. most important, they can match your price point(i think).

you can get a Intel Core 2 Duo well within your budget

thanks for all the replies guys.

Not only is your disk space in line with a VPS, but so is your bandwidth. You're currently using 250GB of space and 2000GB of bandwidth? What are your REAL needs. A VPS provides the ability for easy upgrades. Say you are only using 5GB of space right now. A VPS allows you to start small, get say 10GB of space, and once you're using 9GB or so, you can easily upgrade to a larger plan with say 20GB of space. There is no need to start right out the door with 250GB of space and 2000GB of bandwidth unless you're already using all of it.

Now a dedicated server is a different story. Dedicated servers incur downtime during an upgrade, so its usually in your best interest to start big

I recommend starting with a smaller VPS and upgrading as needed.

Your resource requirements are too high for a VPS and your budget is too low. May I ask how you came about those resource requirements? Are you sure a multi-site shared plan will not work for you?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

if you really need that much space and bandwidth, get a dedicated. but you may want to widen your budget. i recommend wiredtree.

I assume you need dedicated. That is the web hosting solution you would be comfortable with. And if you look at the offers section here on the forum I assume you will find something interesting for you. As for budget you have I assume that would be enough
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

i doubt that you can not get mentioned features by this low budge ! increase your budge and think on Dedicated

I would go for a Dedicated Server. FDCServers has some good deals on ATOM servers in their forum. You can find something there for $50-$100 (Unmetered)
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
    Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
    DME Hosting, LLC [http://www.dmehosting.com]

I have seen theplanet have some under $100 offers. There are more then dedicated providers can offer you that price.
    VPS is not an option, because in a month or so I suppose you will need dedicated server in any way.
    Good luck

Its definitely sound like you should look for the dedicated server. Also try to check the dedicated offer section of this forum . Hope you will find the suitable one for yourself.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged VPS/box?

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    I have seen theplanet have some under $100 offers. There are more then dedicated providers can offer you that price.
    VPS is not an option, because in a month or so I suppose you will need dedicated server in any way.
    Good luck
    for his requirement it would cost around $100~$150 with the planet and still unmanaged , he/she should think on unmanaged dedicated by this budge not managed ones

I recommend Hybird Servers offered by JaguarPC, they are pretty good. and we have many Nods at J. Datacenter.
    Or you can go with BurstNET, after Nov 2008 they Network is very good and under your $100 you can go with Dedicated server.

Quote Originally Posted by mixers31 View Post
    I'm currently looking for hosting for 2 sites that i have. My requirements are:

1. minimum 250GB HDD
    2. minimum 2000GB Bandwidth
    3. Cpanel
    4. dedicated IP
    5. 100 Mbps uplink
    6. 1GB memory

My budget is: $50 - $100

I will be needing hosting within 3 weeks.

Thanks guys,
    Check out Inmotion Hosting or Rackspace.
    Affordable, Hassle-Free Web Hosting - Rated Top Web Host of the year! All packages include Free Professional Website Builder!
    On Sale Now!
    Top Rated Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
    Check out Inmotion Hosting or Rackspace.
    Your kidding, right? Rackspace starts at $400, and Inmotion starts at $200 for a Pentium D

Your budget is a little low for dedicated server. Are you actually using that much space and bandwidth right now? If not, why not just get a decent VPS that fit your current usage. Once you have hit the limit. You will probably able to afford more. Then you can move onto dedicated server.

Since others had already commented. I'll suggest you some decent dedicated server providers in the US who uses decent hardware (SuperMicro) which fits your budget and requirements.

Take2Hosting (CA), HandyNetworks (CO) and PacificRack (CA).
    Last edited by JFSG; 07-26-2009 at 06:34 AM.

With your requirements, I suggest you should go for Dedicated Server. There are many companies out there who provides them at reasonable prices.

Sounds like alot of hard drive space for a VPS.
    Personally I would look at a dedicated server with that kind of price range.
    Main thing I go on is what CPU power do you need?
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Definitely a Dedicated Server... Somehow I do not think a VPS would be suitable for those requirements (My Judgment). There are many Webhosts that offer Dedicated Servers though I will not recommend BurstNet, Had hosting with them in the past and they were the worst.

Burst might have changed since then, Though I believe they are under new management?

You are correct in that your review is outdated
    We completely replaced/upgraded our network (and network engineering staff) in November 2008, as well as our billing/ordering system, and have had near perfect service levels since that time---even better than some of the providers on here being recommend left and right charging 2-3x the prices we do. Check the Network Outages forums since the end of last year and see for yourself---I think you'll see our competitors listed quite a bit more than us (if we are even mentioned at all...)!

We use the same network equipment now as some of the top providers currently: Cisco 6500-Series routers/switches & Cisco Guard DDOS protection.

We are also in the middle of upgrading our network to 10G equipment/links, instead of our 1G equipment/links.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast