Web Hosting help!

Hello Guys,

I have very productive replies in this forum so would like you guys to help me out. I have buyed two domains from go daddy. One domain I got it new and the other one was not available so I have applied for transfer but its taking so long and the original owner is not replying to my transfer. What should i do?

One more thing I have buyed hosting for 5 dollar per month with 300Gb space!! Can I get cheap hosting from some where around or can I make my own server and hosting? If yes then how?

I need a sincere help and advice!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Buying 5$ hosting with 300Gb of space is the first problem I noticed from your post...

I'd recommend canceling that and going with a provider who offers a reasonable amount of space and bandwidth for a reasonable price. 300Gb for 5$ is unreasonable. I'd say for $4-$5, you could pick up between 1-2Gb of space from a reliable provider.

If you have purhcase hosting for $5 and are getting 300gb space, then i cant see it working out first of all, think about it, they'd have to have 3000 gb hdd's just to make $100 off hosting, not to mention the bw etc. anyways, i think what your wanting to have to be able to offer hosting to clients of your own would be to start out with a Webhosting Reseller, such as one that comes with WHM/Cpanel etc, Best of luck and check out the reseller offers forum for possible reseller packages!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Sorry math was a little off there haha, but you get the drift!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

1. Your domain issue is very much unclear.
    2. Unlimited Mania of Web Hosting could help you.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Hi,

what are you going to do with such amount of space ? Is it really needed ? If yes then you can check for dedicated server offers here

Space is important factor in terms of money.

I think you need to rethink your plan little bit and make your space to budget realistic.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

yes, be more realistic in your hosting requirements...Please stay away from cheap webhosting companies, if you need quality also ....Go for reliable and pretty good hosting comapnies with reasonable price..If you start to buy a new server, i would recommend softlayer..they have cheap and quality servers. I guess their server plans start at as low as $100...

Godaddy is usually slow at resolving domain issue. I had a client that registered her domain with Godaddy. The domain was registered but the nameservers were not updated. She open support ticket with no avail. We have to login to her account and update the servers. I guess Godaddy expect you to be able to login to your account panel and update your name servers especially if you are transfering your domain name.

Domain transfer:
    Contact the original owner directly and find out what's wrong.

300Gb space:
    Seems to be a good deal.

One things for sure...

NEVER use godaddy for hosting... complete nightmare.

Tell us about it...how you and 3.5 million other sites are living a nightmare. Perhaps their service does not dovetail with your seo shakedown?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

I don't think anyone asked, but did you even *ask* the original domain owner if he wanted to transfer the domain to you, or did you just blindly initiate a transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek3 View Post
    I don't think anyone asked, but did you even *ask* the original domain owner if he wanted to transfer the domain to you, or did you just blindly initiate a transfer?
    I think the OP has misunderstood the transfer, based on what I understand of their post.

$4-$5 is already cheap enough for 300 GB, either pay the same price for a non-overselling host or if you're unhappy go to another provider who also oversells - not much point because most providers won't let you use that space up. Stick with your current provider if they're good for you.

Very Curious to know the name of the host that offer 300GB for $5
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development