FYI - Namenerd.com

FYI - Namenerd.com

Namenerd.com was purchased in october by me and my brother Tony. We own GSN Internet a ISP in southern california and as for previous issues with Namenerd.com Ben is no longer associated with our company yes we have contact with him only to resolve customer issues from the past. To my knowledge all past problems have been resolved with each and every person who made a complaint or had a issue.

also if you still have a issue with Namenerd.com
    ie: account issue or anything please e-mail [email protected] or [email protected] and we will try our best to resolve it.

I have been "hanging" around the NameNerd fiasco for some time. Have talked to Benjamin Kerensa (previous owner of NameNerd) many times over the past, and I have to say, I did not enjoy it all too much. Benjamin really needed to pick-up his business practices.

Anyhow, since the whole NameNerd business went under new management, I have only seen things change for the better. Erik Stafford and Tony Stafford have been working hard at getting NameNerd back up and running. Erik (the guy I mainly talk to now) is a real nice bloke. I have noticed in my talking to both Erik and Tony, that the level of professionalism when being compared to Benjamin is outstanding.

NameNerd looks very promising, and it will be great once they get their entire system finished.

NameNerd and BLWS have partnered together. This partnership will not include sharing profits or anything like that; it will simply be BLWS hosting the websites of those whom need hosting, when they register a domain with NameNerd.

Again, I look forward to NameNerd getting it's system up and I assure you that things seem much better!
    Last edited by faculty; 11-09-2002 at 08:38 PM.

Re: FYI - Namenerd.com

Originally posted by ErikStafford
    Ben is no longer associated with our company...
    I asked Tony about this, but his reply was only that, "Ben settled that situation with the parties involved..." Why was Ben included in this very recent press release and named as the director, etc.?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2002/10/prweb49149.php

Namenerd.com taking legal action against Tucows, Inc.
    Namenerd.com taking legal action against Tucows, Inc.

Monday, October 28, 2002

Namenerd.com Press Release ID: 0911-A

Namenerd.com is pursuing legal action in superior court to obtain a court order forcing Tucows, Inc. to transfer a “Hijacked” or Stolen domain that was transferred by a party who was not on the domain contact list but gained access to the Namenerd.com E-mail system and transferred several domains to other registrars. Namenerd.com is pursuing these measures due to its legal ownership of Critticage Entertainment and the plain fact they purchased the domain and they didn’t consent the transfer. Tucows, Inc. has had staff from its compliance and legal department contact Namenerd.com in response to the legal proceedings and Tucows, Inc. now is now being more cooperative after such measures are being prepared for court on a
    Undisclosed date in November.

Namenerd.com is petioning that Tucows, Inc. be force by court order to return the domain and cover all costs related to the transfer and company losses and is request information of the party who stole the domains be released to law enforcement agencies.

Disputed Domain:
    Critticage.com

Namenerd.com Director Ben Kerensa, went on to state he wasn’t going to allow Tucows to ignore Icann’s policies and is not going to allow properties of his company and clients to be stolen. Mr. Kerensa believes that by taking these issues to court it will bring the industry to a view that action can be taken against domain thieves and fraud artists.

Other companies and members of the Domain and IT industry are giving Namenerd.com support and
    Believe that these legal actions may affect Tucows, Inc. Icann Registrar status and could heavily effect the sales of domains Tucows, Inc. makes. Jeff Williams of IT Reviews, believes that domain registrars at large donot comply with all regulations set before them and or often go by there own set of guidelines.

Sincerely,
    Scott Wells
    Namenerd.com Public Relations

For Additional Information, Please Contact:

Benjamin Kerensa
    Namenerd.com
    (707)465-5867
    [email protected]
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Chicken - I dont speak for NameNerd here, but Benjamin has told me, along with the CritticAge owner, that the problem has been solved. Benjamin told me he was not selling the business until that issue was resolved. The issue was resolved, so he sold it I guess.

I will have CritticAge come and verify this.. Just to be sure

Chicken, Ben resolved that issue with Tucows and Andy they settled it on the side to my knowledge i have been in the sidelines making sure ben settled it all because we really dont want any trouble in anycase i think everything is 100% sealed and i dont even see why there was a need for such a press release or such actions as i have seen this issue resolved quickly and without error. as for our new management Tony, me (Erik) and our new team member Jamal are the only people who are authorized to conduct any business under the namenerd.com name. we have registered with the IRS as a Partnership and i dont see any future problems in the horizon.

Chicken - Ben sold NameNerd to Erik and Tony and the disput over critticage.com has been settled.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Also, I'd like to know the connection of another member, Planetfurre who recently asked for hosting:

Originally posted by Planetfurre on 10-23-2002 03:14 AM
    I will be launching a entertainment site call planetfurre i need free webhosting i will put up a banner and aswell misc ad's in several other areas of the site in exchange.

if you can do something like this reply here!

what we need (negiotiable):
    1-2GB Space
    10GB Transfer (Bandwidth)
    POP3/Webmail
    PHP,CGI,
    And this: http://www.planetfurre.com/nn/

IPs seem to match up, so I'm guessing you have a few usernames here (you're allowed one). Now all of this isn't anything bad really, just odd that an ISP would request web space, and I'm trying to determine why Ben has recently been named in press releases.

The problem with namenerd is that from the start, the whole thing was a stinking pile of ****. Then we were contacted about partners buying the name and the same crap continued here. After all that, things still are odd involving this URL.

What the heck is going on???

Edit: The Ben thing was answered, ignore that. I'm just trying to understand a few points, if all's cool in the pool, that's great!

• Chicken

Chicken, That is temporary we are switching over today it was just apart of the deal of the sale ben actually owns that space but he doesnt have access to our services .etc

As far as I understand it, Ben owns the server their site is still located on and they are preparing for a move.

10. I am talking with anthony seeing about getting hosted with him since we are partnered up in business

*nods*

Originally posted by Chicken

The problem with namenerd is that from the start, the whole thing was a stinking pile of ****. Then we were contacted about partners buying the name and the same crap continued here. After all that, things still are odd involving this URL.
    Sure was - I am pretty sure it is all sorted now.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Ohhhh righty, well best of luck to you and Tony then. Can we kill off one or more of these usernames, you can just PM me as to which one you want, but I think you have a couple (some not used anymore).

• Chicken

14. Chicken we are a small ISP we offer Dial-Up and lease PRI's through O1 and have 2 servers which are only used for dial-up other then that we dont offer webhosting and such.

Equally confused as Chicken

Requesting hosting...says he has a hosting partner....yet, offering hosting....an Enom reseller....domain registration services through Dotster....has a strong aversion to the use of periods....

16. We didnt request hosting ben runs that site as indicated above he was hosting us until we found a alternative and we just recently partnered with BLWS and we are moving over to them as we speak.

Does have a partner who specilizes in hosting - BLWS

It says he is offering hosting - This is done thru our partnership. NameNerd will be handling all BLWS domain registration needs, BLWS will be handling all of their hosting needs, along with those whom require hosting with their domain name registration.

Faculty...your signature?

Signatures must be kept to a maximum of four lines and contain no more than one website address.

OT: Just FYI, I started a discussion about removing the "one URL" thing yesterday (in the super-secret mod forum). Results on that soon...

• Chicken

I never saw that rule.. wasnt there last time I changed my sig..

Do I need to change it Chicken? Doesnt seem excesive..

21. Hehehe chicken *pulls* out teriyaki sause

Do not include any pricing or plan information in your signature. Max 4 Lines allowed, plain text only, no VB code. One hyperlink per signature. See forum rules for more information.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but these aint hyperlinks. They are web addresses. A hyperlink is something you can click and "pop", opens another page or website.

I can click on my sig all I like and it dont take me anywhere

No one said anything about hyperlinks

The rules say...and I repeat

Signatures must be kept to a maximum of four lines and contain no more than one website address.
    And, incidentally, I favor repeal of that rule....so not saying I agree with it, just trying to advise you of it.

I am refering to the rules posted next to the edit profile area, where the sig is.

Anyhow, do my 3 web-addresses effect you? Mentally or physically? Please share with me what is so disconcerning with the 3..

Ah ok.. No worries then.

Don't affect me

I was trying to advise you nicely, but shall leave that to a moderator. I do advise you to click on rules at the top of this page.

I also join with you in pointing out the inconsistency between the forum rules and what shows on the edit profile page.

And, I do believe in following forum rules, regardless of how others feel.

Well while Chicken is pointing this out in the mods forum, I will keep it on display - I think it looks nice and neat... much neater than many other sigs with no addresses

Far as I can tell, Matt added that a long time ago. At the time, links in signatures were 'hot' and I always thought that was the reason. Attempts to clarify the issue (one way or antoerh) weren't answered so... we're trying one last time.

But anywhooo.. this is just a tad OT.

• Chicken