Email Marketing Problems

Hi There,

We currently have our email marketing running out of interspire email marketing suite and we are finding when we do mailouts to our list of 50,000 people that only 1-2% are being opened (due to a fair few either not being accepted by the customers mail server or the message being marked as spam due to the domain/mail server which the messages are coming from as not being well known.)

We have just signed up for an aweber account and we have since found out that in signing up for an aweber account, our whole list needs to re-optin to it, which is a real nucence for our customers as they already annoyed for not finding out about some of the special offers we have done recently.

We will be doing around 2 mailouts per week with around 400,000 emails going out per month.

What service, if any would you guys recommend/offer so that we can get a very high deliverability from our mailing list and provide our customers with the best possible service?

For the record, interspire offers an SMTP function so we can relay from our server to a trusted SMTP, but without an experience here, we are not sure if this is going to be just as bad as the current situation.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards,
    Mitch

DepartmentHosting

ConstantContact offers a pretty solid service - I'm not too experienced personally when it comes to bulk mailing so contact them and see what they advise.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

The problem with these providers is that many of them don't allow a list to be imported...

Quote Originally Posted by DepartmentHosting View Post
    The problem with these providers is that many of them don't allow a list to be imported...
    Well contact them and find out, you're going to face problems getting your emails out especially if you are sending 400,000 per month unless you go with a provider that specializes in email delivery.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Well contact them and find out, you're going to face problems getting your emails out especially if you are sending 400,000 per month unless you go with a provider that specializes in email delivery.
    Hey Mike,

May I suggest greatBIGnews? I know their domain is on most whitelist/safelists out there and they have a live status of opens/clicks. A Good open rate is 15-20% from what I've learned.

Hello,

GetResponse.com will do what you are looking for.

They are serious about keeping their IPs off SPAM lists so you will get maximum delivers.

As for the open rate, maybe your subjects aren't interesting enough for people to open them. Are you just throwing any old subject line in there or are you working on clever one liners to get people to open them?

Here are some headlines that people open:

• [name] - THANK YOU
    • I made a big mistake the other day...
    • [name], I can't believe you just did that!

In other words, if your email looks like an offer before they even open it, you can bet it wont be read.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Try MailChimp.com, they allow the list to be imported and when you import a list they assume everyone already opted in (you have to check a box saying that you have everyone's permission to send them emails) and your good to go! .

Thanks for all your suggestions.

dbbrock1, We already are using very "high open rate" email copy and subject lines.

The problem we are facing is out domain that we are mailing from is new and causes us to have a very low open rate.

Regards,
    Mitch

I have sent the above companies and email and am waiting to hear back.

Anyone else have any great advice?

Regards,
    Mitch

this evening I saw a television commercial for constantcontact.com.
    the commercial was aimed at small businesses.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

I use ConstantContact after it was pointed out to me in a SCORE seminar. I've been pretty pleased and was able to import my current list without needing to force my users to re-opt-in.

They also have a email marketing community (http://www.constantcontact.com/community/index.jsp) where you can probably ask about your open rate and see if it is normal for your industry.

They offer a 60 day free trial, so there is no reason not to try it out.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

We use ConstantContact at the office and have had an acceptable amount of success with it.

Dave

RatePoint also provides Email Marketing packages and they are less expensive than ConstantContact. So you can consider glancing them as well.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's