Help Me Understand "Domain Suffix" Dispute Email

I own the domain name annetteblog.com (through godaddy)

I'm trying to understand the email below I recieved (minor details changed). It sounds like someone wants to register something like "annetteblog.com.cn" ??

Can someone else tag a suffix onto the end of someone elses root domain name like that - and then register it as their own? Or perhaps I don't fully understand what's being asked. I've owned the domain name for years purely as an investment.

===============================================
    ===============================================

Dear Steve,

Thank you for prompt reply, As far as we know, Justin wants to register the keyword with suffix, .cn/.com.cn/.asia/.net.cn/.org.cn/And Internet Brand.

I kown the domain name is first registered by your company, according to international registeration princinple,In order to avoid dispute,you enjoy the priority to register them. You would know domain name takes open registration, this is international domain name registration principle .

If you think his registration will confuse your clients and harm your profits, we can send an application document to you and help you protect these domains within our approving period. This is a better way to prevent domain name dispute. Hope get your decision as soon as possible so that we can handle the next step

Yours Sincerely

Joy

----- 原邮件信息 -----
    发件人:Steve <[email protected]>
    发送时间:09-07-20 11:55:13
    收件人:[email protected]
    主题:Re: Domain Dispute and Registration [ANNETTEBLOG.COM]

I have no problem with somebody registering similar domain names. I hold no trademarks, only the domain name itself.

Steve

=====================================

To whom it may concern: 2009-7-20

We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

Last week we received a formal application submited by Justin, who wanted to use the keyword "ANNETTEBLOG" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We arenít sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your companyís an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his company's application

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Sunny

Checking Department

Tel: 86 13 8532 1087
    Fax: 86 13 8532 2065
    Email:[email protected]
    Our File No.:232274

Its a scam. They are trying to get you to register these other domains with them.
    Signature Under Construction.

Wow, clever one this is. It just dropped to me what was going on when I read their final reply.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Thanks everyone. I know just how to respond to this.

Its a scam as said by stub, once a week I also get those, and just delete or mark junk, no need to respond.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

just a note

nobody "adds" a .cn at the end of your domain name

.cn domains are domains for China, they are trying to sell you yourname.com.cn, as a 3rd level domain not related in any way with .com domains
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!