Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WebThosting horrible customer service

I ordered the service Friday night and my account is still pending. I contacted customer support and they told me my e-mail address did not match my paypal e-mail address. I then sent them my paypal receipt and still they sent that my e-mail address did not match. The tech told me not to message them so many times that it would just take longer for them to respond. I'm trying to get a refund but they show I did not pay??? but I did. What do I do?
      0 Not allowed!

Open a dispute with paypal and/or your credit card company if you paid that way. Find a better host, and stay away from those guys.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes that would be a very very poor service, dont seem good at all, i would deffinatly open a dispute with paypal over that as well as look for a new host, do some background check on possible new hosts, chat to there live chat, or whatever makes you feel they are the ones for you, Best of Luck and sorry to hear your current issues, Thanks for the post@
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!
      0 Not allowed!

What hosting company is that? give us the name so I try to avoid them in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

It's webThosting as per the title. Lots of bad reviews on here lately.
      0 Not allowed!

short term business for sure...they just want the money at the first one that's it.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like the best bet would be to just open a dispute for the transaction from within your PayPal account and explain the situation.

I've never seen anything but negative reviews about this company so I'm not all that surprised really. Wish you the best of luck getting a refund back!
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy

Yep, had a host do this before too. Sad indeed when hosts pull stuff like this, especially with such an "iffy" reason.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TaLaConHeo View Post
    short term business for sure...they just want the money at the first one that's it.
    I was about to say the same thing. Lots of negative stuff about WebThosting. I must admit I never heard of them before the complaints started coming in here @ WHT.
    hi there!
      0 Not allowed!

*Waits for Bentink to come in here and spout something unrelated as an excuse*

My advice is to do your best to get your money back but you may have to chalk this one up to a learning experience and make sure you do plenty of research on any web hosting provider here on WHT - this is a solid community with verified and quality reviews.

I highly recommend one of WHT's best tools: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

Good luck, keep us posted on the refund attempts.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

I'm more curious as to why/where people are signing up with this relatively unheard of provider. Fishy fishy
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't jump right into opening a PayPal dispute yet. That will even reduce your chance in getting any of your money back since PayPal does not support any intangible services/products therefore, the seller will eventually win the dispute. I would continue to try to contact the company. Making a thread here on WHT is a good move though.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    I wouldn't jump right into opening a PayPal dispute yet. That will even reduce your chance in getting any of your money back since PayPal does not support any intangible services/products therefore, the seller will eventually win the dispute. I would continue to try to contact the company. Making a thread here on WHT is a good move though.
    I believe that rule works against the seller and not the buyer - it doesn't provide any seller protection.

too much negativity has already been brought upon the company - wonder what their next move is.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    I believe that rule works against the seller and not the buyer - it doesn't provide any seller protection.

too much negativity has already been brought upon the company - wonder what their next move is.
    I'm guessing they close down for a less then 24 hours and relaunch as a new "company".
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    I'm guessing they close down for a less then 24 hours and relaunch as a new "company".
    that reminds me of the old sameer hosting kid.

but it would be terrible for that to happen with two companies in the same year.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    That's bull. I have personally had disputes against others that were over intangible goods, and I managed to win every time (deservedly of course). If you make calm, sensible replies with clear facts, you can win.
    Cpanel/WHM PHP Perl Ruby Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by larwilliams View Post
    That's bull. I have personally had disputes against others that were over intangible goods, and I managed to win every time (deservedly of course). If you make calm, sensible replies with clear facts, you can win.
    It is very hard to win a dispute as a buyer of an intangible good - it *is* possible but it relies more upon how well the seller presents their case than anything else.

If they show your original order, invoice, and other such evidence then you probably won't win but if they just say "Intangible service" and hope to win - it's more likely that it will be decided in the buyer's favor.

I've been on both sides of the fence (rightly so) and I've never personally lost a dispute but I usually submit at minimum about 8 individual pieces of evidence or more.

This would be an example of disputing a dispute as a seller that the buyer would be very lucky to win:
    http://www.screen-shot.net/ss/4108958895963634932.png

Now mind you - we do follow our privacy policy even when disputing a claim - and we would only fight a claim that is not a legitimate claim.

In the end it's almost always in the buyer's interests to work with the seller/provider and to use a dispute as a last ditch effort - if the seller/provider was willing to work you before your dispute the chances are that they will no longer be willing to do so after you file a dispute.
      0 Not allowed!

It was clearly stated in the order form, your Paypal email MUST match your client area email. It is your fault to use different email, we can not make exceptions to the rules.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    It was clearly stated in the order form, your Paypal email MUST match your client area email. It is your fault to use different email, we can not make exceptions to the rules.
    And the person asking you to refund the payment that was made from the PayPal address that they showed you the receipt/information on - what do you say about that?
    Last edited by MikeDVB; 07-21-2009 at 12:11 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Many hosting providers find their way to advertise by making comments not very relevant. The OP did not ever cancel the account. Once he say to refund in ticket, the next hour he bumps the ticket to provide him the account. He did not hit the cancel button as the official method of cancellation.

It was mentioned in the ticket he opened to change the client area email but he kept on arguing. For verification purposes, we can only provide account details to the same email from which the payment was made. This has nothing to do with horrible customer service.

I understand the OP was not satisfied with our email policy, and it appears he wanted to cancel as per his post (which he never did from the client area). I will cancel his account in a day and refund the payment.
      0 Not allowed!

Many hosting providers find their way to advertise by making comments not very relevant.
    Quit throwing mud... it's not nice.

The OP did not ever cancel the account. Once he say to refund in ticket, the next hour he bumps the ticket to provide him the account. He did not hit the cancel button as the official method of cancellation.
    You didn't provide the account - but you say he has to cancel - and you won't refund the money paid for an account you didn't provision? Am I misunderstanding this?

It was mentioned in the ticket he opened to change the client area email but he kept on arguing. For verification purposes, we can only provide account details to the same email from which the payment was made. This has nothing to do with horrible customer service.
    It's a good or bad policy I suppose depending on which side of the fence you are on. Did you send the account details to the address listed on the PayPal transaction?

I understand the OP was not satisfied with our email policy, and it appears he wanted to cancel as per his post (which he never did from the client area). I will cancel his account in a day and refund the payment.
    Sounds like a plan.
      0 Not allowed!

I think every comment in this thread is quite related. Some of us don't even have signatures in our posts despite operating a hosting company.

It's good of you to refund the account, I hope the OP comes back and verifies the refund has been recieved.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    I think every comment in this thread is quite related. Some of us don't even have signatures in our posts despite operating a hosting company.

It's good of you to refund the account, I hope the OP comes back and verifies the refund has been recieved.
    I personally always try make only relevant posts and to be as helpful as possible - which is why you will see that there are some threads that I don't respond do - as there have already been 12 other people that have said the same things I would have said.

Sometimes I forget to uncheck the "Show your signature" option on posts where I feel it would be best not to use my signature.

I think throwing mud based upon posts *with* signatures would be easier to do if the default was to *not* show your signature but you have to make an effort on every post to *not* show your signature - and sometimes it gets skipped/forgotten

I hope the OP comes back with some form of positive resolution as well.
      0 Not allowed!

To add,
    1. The OP just registered to post that (1 post)
    2. Maxmind determined the address and the IP not to be in the same location
    3. Paypal - The sender of this payment is Unregistered (we only accept verified Paypal payments)
    4. The phone number he entered appears not to be a valid phone number

It did not pass our verification procedure, but someone had activated the account and sent his hosting account details. I have refunded, closed his account and suspended the hosting account.

In the coming months we will enable SMS verification on all orders to get rid of these issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post

Discussions about Paypal dispute policy is not related to this topic if I am not wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

Discussions about Paypal dispute policy is not related to this topic if I am not wrong.
    It is in that somebody suggested filing a dispute and that made discussions about disputes and how they work is entirely relevant.
      0 Not allowed!

Good collection. Your site is not legal so it is better you stay away from us.
      0 Not allowed!

Good collection. Your site is not legal so it is better you stay away from us.
    Now who is straying off topic?
      0 Not allowed!

I just replied to his "stay away" post. Yes you should stay far away if you want to host illegal stuff.
      0 Not allowed!

I just replied to his "stay away" post. Yes you should stay far away if you want to host illegal stuff.
    And every other person posting in this thread was responding to something else that was posted in the thread but you referred to it as, and I quote, "Many hosting providers find their way to advertise by making comments not very relevant."

If your response was relevant then so was every other response to this thread that I can see - don't attack others for doing something and then turn around and do the exact same thing.

There are no double standards and people generally don't like hypocrites.
      0 Not allowed!

Correct people generally don't like hypocrites. I do not know how the question of Paypal policy arises in this thread. Can you please explain that?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    *Waits for Bentink to come in here and spout something unrelated as an excuse*

My advice is to do your best to get your money back but you may have to chalk this one up to a learning experience and make sure you do plenty of research on any web hosting provider here on WHT - this is a solid community with verified and quality reviews.

I highly recommend one of WHT's best tools: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

Good luck, keep us posted on the refund attempts.
    "Waits for Bentink to come in here and spout something unrelated as an excuse" - I feel like getting insulted when someone points like that especially "spout something unrelated as an excuse", which is not allowed as per WHT terms.

"this is a solid community with verified and quality reviews." - It consists of a person with 1 post/few posts to come and post reviews.
      0 Not allowed!

"this is a solid community with verified and quality reviews." - It consists of a person with 1 post/few posts to come and post reviews.
    Does the post count matter to say that a post is verified and of quality?
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28
      0 Not allowed!

Correct people generally don't like hypocrites. I do not know how the question of Paypal policy arises in this thread. Can you please explain that?
    Somebody suggested filing a dispute and then others including myself suggested against it since the buyer is unlikely to win - that is where the discussion about PayPal policy arises and that is the explanation as to how it was a pertinent topic to the thread.

"Waits for Bentink to come in here and spout something unrelated as an excuse" - I feel like getting insulted when someone points like that especially "spout something unrelated as an excuse", which is not allowed as per WHT terms.
    You have a bad habit of coming into any thread that says anything bad about your company and posting totally un-related excuses - I wasn't attacking you but simply stating that I was just waiting for it to happen again. If you want report it and have a moderator remove it - I have no problem with that at all.

I wasn't referring to *this* thread but instead the WHT Community in general, please try not to be dense.

I'm done with you/this thread at this point in time. Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by MikeDVB; 07-21-2009 at 01:59 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I personally always try make only relevant posts and to be as helpful as possible - which is why you will see that there are some threads that I don't respond do - as there have already been 12 other people that have said the same things I would have said.

Sometimes I forget to uncheck the "Show your signature" option on posts where I feel it would be best not to use my signature.

I think throwing mud based upon posts *with* signatures would be easier to do if the default was to *not* show your signature but you have to make an effort on every post to *not* show your signature - and sometimes it gets skipped/forgotten

I hope the OP comes back with some form of positive resolution as well.
    I wasn't intending to imply anything on anyone, I was simply replying to the hosting provider attempting to accuse others of only replying to flash their signatures.

Personally, if people want to show their signatures, that's cool. I have no judements against it or them. I am just tired of bentink coming back with excuses for everything or changing the subject.
      0 Not allowed!

Well Bentink, I find it strange how every unsatisfied customer of yours is always at fault. They didn't follow your TOS, they had illegal sites, they didn't follow our payment rules, it seems you get the worst customers ever.. Or you claim a power or hardware failure, and say it's not your fault, you can't control it. Then you spout off about servers, their locations and how offshore servers should be expected to have lower performance. It appears these are always your excuses, it's always excuses with you.

Frankly, I am waiting for the post where a customer of yours asks where you went because suddenly you've disappeared with their money and website. Only for you to reopen under a new name and begin again.
      0 Not allowed!

It's getting interesting. Bentink, didn't you say at DP forums you are accpeting everything on your servers. Did you change your minds after LeaseWeb took your servers down after an abuse complaint?
    KnownSRV.com - Fast, Quality and Secure MANAGED VPS with fast SSD drives in h/w RAID10
    Full network and hardware customization possible - let's talk your needs. Optional 500gbps DDoS protection!
    █ PayPal, Credit Cards, Skrill, Payza, PerfectMoney, WebMoney and BitCoins accepted
      0 Not allowed!

When you sign up you have to agree to our terms which is the final word and binding.

@ SceneSRV
    Leaseweb does not take down server for DMCA complaints, etc. However if we receive such complain we will suspend the account immediately.

@CoishAssociates
    The downtime the clients faced were due to the HD failures/power failure at Leaseweb which is well beyond our control.

You are welcome to post anything true.

If the customer does not use the correct email or did not pass the verification methods, it is beyond our help. Off shore means off the shore of the east coast or west coast. We strictly do not allow hosting of illegal files or copyrighted files on our servers. Everything does mean everything legal to the laws.

"Frankly, I am waiting for the post where a customer of yours asks where you went because suddenly you've disappeared with their money and website. Only for you to reopen under a new name and begin again." - You will have to wait a century for that
      0 Not allowed!

Goodness, you have over 30 threads + countless pages of complaints in digitalpoint forums and not to mention absolute negative reviews here in WHT.

You must be the unluckiest person in the world with such frequent raid HDD failures on every single server you manage. I admire your determination to keep up your scam though
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast