Purchasing a dedicated server?

Ok i am in the start up phase of my new hosting business. So i will not be purchasing a dedicated server for a short while until i out grow the resellers pack from host gator.

I would just like to know roughly how many accounts one usually host on a dedicated server that is a Core2duo 8400 + 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD.

Will i be able to host more accounts on that one dedicated server than i can with the hostgator reseller accounts?

Sean, this question has been answered several times on this forum. The quickest and simplest answer is there is no specific chart to compare how many accounts you can fit on a specific configuration as it depends on how big the sites are, whether they are static or dynamic, how much resources each site takes etc.

If I were to estimate for the above configuration I would say anywhere from 300+ accounts depending on the above criteria I mentioned. Good luck!

Oh that's a given, with specs like that you'd be able to host quite a bit, and have no issues, as long as the admin manages it well set's things up right etc, but wow with specs like that you could run tons! - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login We care about everyone!