Web Hosting Company?

Hey,

I am just getting started in the business. Infact i just purchased host gators reseller pack today. I heard that after sometime i should invest in dedicated servers. So how much does it usually cost for a server? and how does bandwidth on that compare to the basic reseller package on hostgator. How many servers would i need to equal there basic package?

Thanks,
    Sean

It really depends on you but if you are just starting yet, stay in the reseller pack until you have plenty of clients already...
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Unless your company grows VERY fast it should be some time until you get on a dedicated servers but to give a little help on your question about what type of server: You dont need to match what someone else haves but to get a server that meets your requirements based on CPU usage, Memory load and so on.

Hope this helps a little, and all the best in your new company.

It is going to take you some time before you can actually overgrow your reseller account.

Reseller accounts are managed, so it will be your best option to use that service.

Once you over grow your Reseller Account, you can look forward into getting a VPS.

And you move your way from that to Dedicated Server then maybe someday cluster Servers

Good Luck!

You may want to keep in mind that sometimes it is best to stay with a reseller pack with a good company than to upgrade to a cheap dedicated server where you may have problems. I agree with AeonCube that it will be some time for you to wait till you have enough customers to require a dedicated server. When you get a dedicated server then you will be able to afford to go with a reliable company.
    http://recompiled.net
    █ Friendly and in business since 2005.
    Providing stable FreeBSD Shells, Web Hosting, and VPS.

I advice you same as net, continue with reseller with HG, until you do not get enough clients and earnings to rent some dedicated server.
    Be aware that you will need to rent some managed dedicated server, or hire some management company to work on that server (it's usually cheaper then managed server directly from some company).

Also, you need to decide what exactly you want to provide... Budget hosting, or professional hosting, etc. So, it will also help you to choose right Server provider who will be the best solution for your needs and pocket.

I wish you all the best in business!
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers | XEN VPS Hosting | Web Hosting
    // 2 EU Locations: Netherlands & Sweden
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

They have already told you what you need to know. If you are just starting then start with the reseller pack.

However, I know that most clients preferred a host that owns the server and not resellers. If you have the money and willing to invest/risk, then you can buy a low end server but you will need to buy server management to manage your server and also for you to learn.
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

No its not true.
    After you overgrown your reseller,you should try vps then only dedicated.

And move customers from server to server every month?
    No, it's not good idea. It's better to get some budget Dedicated Server.
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers | XEN VPS Hosting | Web Hosting
    // 2 EU Locations: Netherlands & Sweden
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    And move customers from server to server every month?
    No, it's not good idea. It's better to get some budget Dedicated Server.
    But you can "grow" a VPS with a simple reboot. If you plan on having 100 clients in the next 3 months, then a full blown dedicated might be a good idea, but there's nothing wrong with a VPS over a budget server. In fact, you can probably get a VPS that is comparable to the price you would pay for a budget server with full management.

Alex

Thanks for all the quick reply's guys. I understand that i will be with my reseller account for quite some time until i out grow it. But my question is what is one dedicated server equal to? Like How many dedicated servers would i need to own to equal the basic hostgator reseller package of bandwidth?

Thanks,
    Sean

Sorry im not that great at explaining. Btw I am 17 years old haha. I am very business minded running an ebay business since 15 i just thought id take my online business to the next level so i thought why not hosting haha.