how to make web page equal for all web browsers?

hello everyone i want to start a topic of browser issues, is there any tool which i can use for making a web page equal for all browsers by focusing a single browser.
    i am a web developer <<snipped>> it is very anxious for me to look all the browser one by one and truly it takes much of my time.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-20-2009 at 05:06 AM.

I wish I knew how to aswell, firefox is the best browser in my opinion but due to the amount of people still using IE we have to design for that which causes problems in every other browser drives me up the wall :/

A quick search on google for "browser test" yields the following results:

http://browsershots.org/

However, I recommend installing each browser in order to see what users see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasky View Post
    I wish I knew how to aswell, firefox is the best browser in my opinion but due to the amount of people still using IE we have to design for that which causes problems in every other browser drives me up the wall :/
    yes Firefox is the best but more than 60% of online users still using IE.

I find that a design sure looks different in each Firefox and IE.I also tried Opera and Google Chrome.

different browsers? screen sizes? screen resolution? devices (e.g. mobile phones, PDAs), then there's accessibility issues? javascript disabled? no cookies? hardly seems worth the effort.

The best thing to do is code to standards (no coding errors, validates using the W3 validator) using XHTML and CSS. The result will likely render as intended in Firefox, Safari/Chrome/anything webkit-based and Opera.

IE can then be accommodated via Conditional Comments, mainly various CSS fixes in a linked stylesheet inside a Conditional Comment.

Example:

HTML Code:
    <!--[if lt IE 7]>
    <link href="ie-fixes.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <![endif]-->
    This would be the best (and most correct) way to work towards making your site(s) cross-browser compatible
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Like larwilliams stated, the best way to start is standards compliance, from there, testing each browser individually (from Windows' top three or four, to linux, OS X, etc.) and making notes about what doesn't work right. It may take some time going through ten browsers, but it's definitely worth it if you want to be accessible. Using CSS through conditional statements is the best way to correct inconsistent browser rendering.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>