Thread: VistaOSX

VistaOSX

Anybody tried this?
    http://www.vistaosx.net

I'm about to install but I wanted to ask here first. I hear it's hard to uninstall without a system restore.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Never heard of it.

Though based upon the site I kind of get an indication that the product isn't really too professional. I don't know if I would install it on a computer with any kind of important information on it. Just my $.02
    -Bryce

Yea, the site isn't too shabby. But there are loads of sites out there that look crappy but have amazing services and products.

I looked at some youtube videos and this VistaOSX truly made Vista look like a legit OSX. It changes everything. There are other alternatives that are not as overwhelming to your computer, but this VistaOSX looks like its the mother of all Vista to MAC appearances.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

This would be something to try out first on your vmware image or virtualbox image first. Though, the rapidshare/mediafire links for the files themselves along with not very good documentation of the theme, make me wonder about it.

Thankfully, my only Vista license runs in a vmware environment only.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Anyone remember Windows Blinds? It used to be cool to make XP look like Vista. Now they make Vista look like OS X?

What is this world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by BC-enetsouth View Post
    Anyone remember Windows Blinds? It used to be cool to make XP look like Vista. Now they make Vista look like OS X?

What is this world coming to?
    Obviously everything is going to the Mac side now

Promise to join the bandwagon early and I'll save you a seat

Lets see how Windows 7 works out first.

I have respect for Mac's.. They have their "stuff" together. But other than a entertainment box I do not know if I could really do "work" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BC-enetsouth View Post
    Lets see how Windows 7 works out first.

I have respect for Mac's.. They have their "stuff" together. But other than a entertainment box I do not know if I could really do "work" with it.
    Go figure, I got tired of applications such as Office, etc. crashing on Windows, and since switching to a Mac, I've had a much more stable, much easier working environment, go figure

/BACK ON SUBJECT!!

I'm afraid to install that on my Vista install, the website is kinda shabby...

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Go figure, I got tired of applications such as Office, etc. crashing on Windows, and since switching to a Mac, I've had a much more stable, much easier working environment, go figure

/BACK ON SUBJECT!!

I'm afraid to install that on my Vista install, the website is kinda shabby...
    How where you crashing office? I've rarely (minus corrupt databases) had any office product crash while using it, even while opening 300 meg mdb files in access.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

I could be wrong, but I am almost certain the project was discontinued. I have seen various complaints regarding one's ability to uninstall it.
    When e-mailing the address on the contact page, you'll receive an auto-reply stating this:

Hello,

Sorry the Support for VistaOSX.net is no longer available!

Do not eMail the WebMaster for Program issues!

Thanks
    The WebMaster
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator

The uninstall seems pretty messy:

http://www.vistaosx.net/faq.htm

I'd leave it alone. If you want the best part of the Mac desktop (the dock) just go grab ObjectDock:

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

Works great, and adds some nice functionality to Windows. That vistaOSX thing seems little more than a theme.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.