What should I do?

I've got a little problem with a host, and since most of the members here either run or work for a hosting company I thought this would be the perfect place to raise this question.

I'm sure by now that all of you have read the thread about the trouble that FDC had in getting their connection pulled. Some of the posts claimed that one of the reasons for this was for pirated software (warez) sites being hosted there. It seems that they shut them down when they were reported, so in this case the host did a good thing.

The problem I have is that it has come to my attention that a particular host is not just allowing a warez site on his network, but they actually own and run the site (IP addresses and whois information is exactly the same for both domains). Now I don't usually like to cause trouble, well not usually , but I really hate to see a site giving away software like this that I had to work and save for to purchase.

What should I do about this? Should I just let it drop and forget the whole thing or should I report it, and to whom?

Thanks for you help.

Vienna, Austria
    check their provider (noc) and give them the URL

North America
    If I were in your position, I would report the piracy to the developers. That leaves the option of legal action up to the ones who stand to lose the most from the software piracy. It also avoids something like the local or federal authorities coming in and swinging a great big DCMA stick, unless the developers choose to go that route for enforcement (or unless they're forced to go that route because the pirates won't take down the warez files.)

If you don't know who the developers are (though it sounds as if you at least know who you bought it from), then I would go with notifying the authorities in your state and letting them handle it from there.

Of course, that's just me. That and US$3.50 will get you a gingerbread latte.