Colocation for International Customer

Hello,

We are from Brazil and we've been working with US dedicated servers for 5 years (Staminus, SoftLayer and FDCServers). We are now looking for colocation options to reduce our costs.

Which companies would you recommend that would allow us to by servers directly from them, replace hardware and do upgrades ? (we don't want to ship hardware).

What are the "old" and well known companies that would offer this kind of service with great support ? (we just need hardware/reinstall support but with fast responses on emergencies)

We are currently in touch with FDCservers but would like to hear about other good suggestions.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Shoot Ryan from WireSix a message They are based out of 55 Marietta in Atlanta and have pretty good connectivity to Brasil from what my customers have expressed (I use them myself).

I am sure he would be more than happy to assist you with your hardware requirements.

Their website is quite old and outdated but they tend to prefer to work with you personally over email to get the solution that is right for you.

sales [@] wiresix [.] com

Good luck!

-Daniel
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    Windows VPS // Dedicated Servers // Backup Services
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Pretty much any provider can help you out, all you would need to do is buy the server from a builder like Apaqdigital and have them send it over.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

SC-Daniel: Gonna contact them. Thanks for the suggestion!

cristibighea: The main problem wouldn't be buying the server but the replacements. We want to get the servers directly from the DC so they are able to provide us replacements (the same way they would do for dedicated - but as it is colo we would pay for replacement service/hardware). A nightmare would be having a hardware issue and no replacements. That would mean huge downtime no one could afford.

You can send parts together with your server with most companies, but you would probably need to arrange it. I doubt you're planning to get a really cheap server, otherwise I don't see how you are expecting to reduce costs, so a RAID-10 setup with proper enterprise drives is called for. You would just need to ship some extra drives just in case, because with proper hardware, things don't simply break ( Supermicro power supplies vs. unbranded junk ).
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Hi,

Are you only looking for USA colocation services or any location which can provide a fast hardware replacement + good support during emergencies?

This would be great if you could clarify above question.

Thank You
    Asia leading web hosting provider since 2007 - Nothing is too difficult for us!
    █ Reliable Hosting Solutions
    █ No more worry with the server downtime anymore with our 99% network uptime guaranteed
    █ Real 24/7 Professional Technical Support

Do you know how the Internet from Brazil connects to the US? I hear that many South America countries connect through hubs in Miami, so having servers there might give you better performance.

Contacting providers direct may get you some better solutions, also maybe a suggestion could be buying servers from a supplier (Ie. Dell or maybe even Ebay) and have it shipped to a datacenter of your choice and colocate there.

Some companies also do rent to own etc.

cristibighea -> We don't want to send replacements. We want to use same hardware the IDC uses for dedicated customers. This way they will always be able to provide replacements.

LargeServer -> We are looking just for US options (because of the bandwidth prices / good latency to Brazil). All we need is good support for emergencies and providing us the hardware/replacement when colocating.

gate2vn -> The best latency to Brazil is usually on Florida/Dallas. I've also found that gigenet.com has a great ping but don't know exactly where it is located

Server-works -> I see you are from NL. Our ping is not that great to your country

Quote Originally Posted by brc_csf View Post
    I've also found that gigenet.com has a great ping but don't know exactly where it is located
    Gigenet is in Chicago

SC-Daniel: Gonna contact them. Thanks for the suggestion!

cristibighea: The main problem wouldn't be buying the server but the replacements. We want to get the servers directly from the DC so they are able to provide us replacements (the same way they would do for dedicated - but as it is colo we would pay for replacement service/hardware). A nightmare would be having a hardware issue and no replacements. That would mean huge downtime no one could afford.
    In addition to being able to quickly replace/repair current hardware, would be their policy on remote hands, or a server management program.

Connectivity shouldn't be a problem, the major hubs for southern international traffic would be Atlanta, Dallas, Miami (but their fiber runs thru Atlanta anyway) and San Diego

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out for you

Gigenet's located in Chicago, as Daniel said. Definitely take a look at them if you want high-quality colocation with a good network. Another good colocation provider is ColoGuys out of Dallas.

I was in touch with FDC and today signed up for a small colo package to check if it will fit our needs.

FDC was the faster to answer and really attentious. From our experience they also have a great support.

While testing gonna keep looking around the other options until we are sure to upgrade to the full rack.

Hello,

We are a hosting company in Colombia, we have more than 30 servers in Colocation. We really recomend you the services of GIPNetworks.com, talk with Reyner ([email protected]). Is very important that you choose very well your provider if you are not located in the same area of yours servers. The facility and support for GIPNetowkorks is excelent.
    Jose David Bravo | jbravo[at]colombiahosting.com.co
    ColombiaHosting High Quality Hosting in Colombia
    www.colombiahosting.com.co

Did u try checking with wholesaleinternet and joe's datacenter. Cheap is what they offer
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

Some good options are Joe's Datacenter, Waveform, PacificRack, and Ubiquity are all good choices and we use them all ourselves.

After getting our fist colo server with FDC we just received an announcement that their IDC is full (both of them). With started with space for 1 server and would upgrade. So we are back to zero again..

Gonna get back in contact with your suggestions.

After getting our fist colo server with FDC we just received an announcement that their IDC is full (both of them). With started with space for 1 server and would upgrade. So we are back to zero again..

Gonna get back in contact with your suggestions.
    Be sure to contact WireSix if you have not already -- You can't go wrong with them

SC-Daniel: I found their latency great to Brazil but "http://www.wiresix.com/colocation.html" returns 404 (not found). They should fix their site, I would be worried to sign up with them.

I Believe it will be hard to find another place with the same price for the same bandwidth as FDC and also with the same level of support. They are really great and fast. I just got in touch with them and I believe they kept my rack for the upgrade (we were already planning). Hope so.

Yeah, their site is pretty terrible... I've spoken to the owner numerous times and they prefer to work with each individual via email to create a solution which is right for them.

You know the old saying, don't judge a book by it's cover

SC-Daniel: I found their latency great to Brazil but "http://www.wiresix.com/colocation.html" returns 404 (not found). They should fix their site, I would be worried to sign up with them.
    Don't let that put you off, they're definitely good people and run a good operation.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Quote Originally Posted by qwidjib0 View Post
    Don't let that put you off, they're definitely good people and run a good operation.
    a customer pointed me at this thread (thanks!).

Yes, it's been covered in the past (search, atleast a few threads that our website is terrible (and yes it is!) we rely on the good word of our customers and their referrals and testimonials (thank you Daniel) are our sales tool, our website isn't flashy, our content is incomplete and it hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years.

Obviously that hurts some sales and I'll see to it that the pages at least don't 404

Hivlocity.net has really great ping to BR but their pre-sales are slow (waiting more than 2 days for a reply). Do you know options near them?

Our FullRack on FDC-Denver can't afford new servers at this time (they have electric issues). What other IDC's would you recommend? I am in contact with pacificrack.com, gigenet.com and trying to contact hivelocity.net.

I see that this is an old thread, but what the heck. You have my vote for CPC also I got a full cab, it's been great so far.

what do you mean international customers? Colocation in US?
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

Customer outside US. So we need to buy hardware directly from the IDC.

hi,

you can try talk with Aaron (aaron[at]wholesaleinternet.net) from www.wholesaleinternet.net, we have some servers there and the speed, at least, to Rio is very good (150~160ms).
    * Visit the WHT Brazil: http://www.webhostingtalk.com.br * - * Follow us: http://twitter.com/WHT_Brasil*

Winger,

We are also from RJ. Just sent them a message. Hope they are as good as FDC

Winger,

We are also from RJ. Just sent them a message. Hope they are as good as FDC
    hi,

they are doing a great job for us, and they will make it for you too
    * Visit the WHT Brazil: http://www.webhostingtalk.com.br * - * Follow us: http://twitter.com/WHT_Brasil*