Exclamation Anybody Here Using Giga-International XL Servers Problems?

Hi there,

Anybody here using their Dedicated XL Servers since yesterday the server shows a lot of packet loss. I already email them and they reply by denying the problem is from their side.

Anyway i already sent an email with a speedtest results. Anybody here using the Giga-International XL Servers and get slow problems?

I suspected this ip range are being DDOS

Currently i have 3 of XL Servers and all of them are behaving the same problems.

2. When you traceroute from their servers to somewhere else on the internet is it showing packet loss? From what you just posted, it sounds like you are tracing from your home machine to them, which very well could be a problem outside of their control...

I have try from different machines they all give the same results speedtest from FDCServers 100MB.zip also very slow. I got different dedicated server there but with different ip range . No problems with them.

This is my current speed that have problems, suspect the server being DDOS.All 3 of my XL are behaving like this since yesterday

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7...fakapspeed.jpg

This one is my other dedicated with the same Datacentre but higher specs different ip range

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/666...erentdedic.jpg

Same here.

I'm getting very slow speeds since yesterday. 0.70 mb/s down and 0,25 mb/s up.

I filed a report and the only answer I got is the standerd e-mail that they do traffic shaping to keep everybody happy.

Not good.

BTW tested on their server to somewhere else on the internet.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mart1001 View Post
    Same here.

I'm getting very slow speeds since yesterday. 0.70 mb/s down and 0,25 mb/s up.

I filed a report and the only answer I got is the standerd e-mail that they do traffic shaping to keep everybody happy.

Not good.
    At least i am not the one who's having the problems i think their gateway for XL is having problems. Mart1001 i think you should email them again ask them their hardware got problems. I try to call them spoke to Robert and he said he will ask the technician to check it. It's Sunday there now i think mostly they will check it on Monday.

My Dedicated Server Duo is working at full speed no issues with them but 3 of my XL are still slow like snail.

Got an answer by mail that it definitely is not an attack on their network.
    Mailed them back again if they want to look at my speeds on my XL3, they are way to low for some kind of traffic shaping.
    I can't even do normal surfing on it now.

I have this server running for months now and never had any problems with it.
    Last edited by Mart1001; 07-19-2009 at 11:00 AM.

I don't think the support guy check it properly with their network engineer yeah the server is behaving too low for some kinf of traffic shaping. My MRTG shows extremely slow speed.

I even email them my speedtest results. With all 3 my XL Servers. I'm sure everybody that have XL servers with them are affected with this issues. I hope they really check it. I will not stop email them until the issues is fix. I already have the servers with almost 2 years now. This is the first time this happened.

The problem is from their side 100%

[[email protected] ~]# ifconfig eth0

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:8F:B5:20:51
    inet addr:193.XXX.XX.XX Bcast:193.164.XXX.XXX Mask:255.255.255.128
    inet6 addr: fe80::213:8fff:feb5:2051/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:36316187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:40876861 errors:7012744 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:14025488
    collisions:8815781 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:3325031222 (3.0 GiB) TX bytes:939031425 (895.5 MiB)
    Interrupt:20 Base address:0x6c00

They are a lot of packet errors .

Just call them and ask their technician to check also provide login details to let them do the checking

Your connection and your server have been checked again. From our side, everything is flawless, there are no errors. We're sorry that we can't assist you further with this matter.

I asked if they want my login details now. Still the same ridiculous low speeds and you?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mart1001 View Post
    Your connection and your server have been checked again. From our side, everything is flawless, there are no errors. We're sorry that we can't assist you further with this matter.

I asked if they want my login details now. Still the same ridiculous low speeds and you?
    They also replied the same

We again checked theses servers and the connection. From our side, everything
    is flawless, there are no errors. We're sorry that we can't assist you further
    with this matter.

If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

I talk to their tech support via the phone and give the ip address ( worst case scenario the server have been throttled to 10Mbit speed ) from it's original 100Mbit

I think this is my last month with giga-international.com for my XL if all my dedicated servers including the DUO being throttled no more dedicated servers from giga-international.com

I cancelled already. They didn't even want my login details.
    Strange it is, this kind of behaviour from them.

Thumbs down Stay Away From Giga-International XL Servers

Yeah very strange i will cancel mine tommorow and another two servers on the next billing cycle on early August.

This is very weird action from them

My advice stay away from www.Giga-International.com

Thumbs down Totally Bad For Business

As a hosting provider, we see ourselves as obligated - on behalf of our
    customers - to guarantee a fair distribution of the available bandwidth. In
    order to do so, we employ various mechanisms of shaping which regulate
    bandwidth allocation at runtime and provide a fair distribution.

The shaping mechanisms make an essential contribution to the goal of fair
    bandwidth allocation. At the same time, there are situations in which they are
    not sufficient. In addition, there need to be further ways of regulation which
    come into effect at very high consumption.

Your server has constantly been using an average bandwidth of over 15 mbit/s
    during the last seven days. For these measurements, the traffic between 02:00
    and 11:00 GMT+1 is not taken into account, it can be any value. We ask for
    your understanding that, to guarantee the fair usage of bandwidth for all of
    our users, the port of your three XL servers had to be switched to 10 mbit/s.

If you require constantly high bandwidth values which exceed 15 mbit/s, we can
    offer a premium solution called 'dedicated bandwidth'. Dedicated bandwidth
    guarantees a fixed value of bandwidth which is determined by you, fully,
    unlimited and at any point of time. You can find more information on this
    here: http://www.giga-international.com/de...reite.php?id=4

Packet loss is not good way of traffic shaping. I don't think someone will mind the speed (although I would mind 11 KB/sec upload, as per the first image link posted on this thread) but packet loss is not acceptable at all. I guess, as with most of the providers, they got enough clients and now they can play a little with some of them so some leave. And then the connection fixes.

Just my $0.02, I am not their customer.

* The prices of all GIGA bandwidth modules include statutory sales tax unless the customer is a non-German, VAT-owning company located in the EU or lives outside of the EU. In this case, the stated price is the final price, as well. Unlimited Traffic for the "100mbit/s shared port": No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 15 mbit/s over a timespan of at least 7 days - whereas the traffic between 02:00 and 11:00 GMT+1 is not taken into account, it can be any value - the connection is switched to 10 mbit/s). There is no such switch for the "dedicated bandwidth" modules.

http://www.giga-international.com/de...reite.php?id=4

* Giga-International SCAM THREAT FAKE !

Hello everyone, and here is my story about Giga-International.

First I was treated nice, they replied to my emails they did what they could to satisfy me, but then after a few months, they started to reply with LONG intervals (24 hours or even more, sometimes you have to send it TWICE) ..

This is not what I interpret as 24-HOUR SUPPORT ..

Also ..

When we actually DID have problems and really needed them, the first thing I did was to write them, they then told that the software RAID1 (Which we paid 80€ for in extras) was broken, aka. one disk was broken.

Fine I said, then it should still be running, right? .. No .. One of their incompetent employees pulled out the disk, no dismounting or waiting for my permission, they BROKE the MBR, they BROKE alot of data on the disk, and we were dead with 1 week of downtime so I decided to close the server and find somewhere else.

The site had 10.000 users, 6.000 online at most of times visiting every 30 minutes.

I asked for the money back for the RAID1 and the months subscription, but they refused and said that I could pay to their PayPal for support because they did not want to spend more time with me ..

And this is where I go .. Why the heck did you start a hosting company if you cannot even maintain your own customers? What is wrong with RAID1, why does it have to be so hard for you to replace a disk, and why don't you ask for your customers permission?

After long emails with days in interval of answers they put up the system to a rescue system, I was able to transfer the files via SCP and then I am off, and glad that I am not a customer at Giga-International and never will be again !

This was the PayPal threat they sent me:

Quote Originally Posted by Giga-International.com
    Dear Mr,

our support team has invisted hours and hours for you during the last days -
    on a free basis - to make your server work again.
    It is your responsibility to make backups of your data, this is also appointed
    in our general terms and conditions under § 1:

(7) The responsibility for backups of his data lies with the customer, not the
    provider.

Thus, all we HAD TO do was to replace the broken harddrive with a new one,
    rebuild your RAID1 (or reinstall a new system) and that's it - any broken /
    lost / destroyed data then is your responsibility. We're not in charge of
    repairing YOUR system, YOUR files and YOUR data. You can pay us for this or
    you have to do it on your own.

Though it wasn't our duty we supported you with this problem and tried to help
    you as good as we can.
    However, what we get from you as a "Thank you" is invectiveness and slander.

We certainly understand that you're angry because your server hasn't been
    available for a long time.
    But: We're not responsible for this problem, we have done everything what we
    had to do and much more than that - and we're not willing to spend more time
    on this problem which hasn't been caused by us, just to be attacked by you
    again and again. This is a behaviour which isn't tolerated by us.

We're sure you will be able to fix this problem using your knowledge about
    servers and Linux systems.
    If you need our help again, just send 25 Euros per 15 minutes support time to
    our paypal-account [email protected] and we will immediately work
    on your system and data again.

We will not refund you any money.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Michael Bölke
    Geschäftsführung / executive board

Giga-Hosting.biz GbR
    Ges. Michael Bölke & Michael Herpich
    Aschauer Straße 32a
    81549 München
    http://www.Giga-Hosting.biz

E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel.: +49 (0) 89 212 683 72
    Fax: +49 (0) 89 216 658 62

Bitte ändern Sie den Betreff dieser e-Mail nicht ab, da Ihre Antwort sonst
    nicht zugeordnet werden kann.

Bitte richten Sie alle Support-Anfragen direkt an [email protected] .
    Nur so ist die schnellstmögliche Bearbeitung gewährleistet.